TR gun deciding...

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Shutax, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Stargazer86

Really? I quite dislike all the TR AR's and prefer using the NS-11P/A. This is all my opinion, of course, but for as long as I've played I think I've gotten a pretty good handle on them.

The default and 1S Cycler are okay. That's about all I can say about them. Decent guns that don't exactly excel but aren't crap either. If I'm forced to use a TR AR, I'm probably going to pick one of these. B-

I can't stand that TAR or TRV. I just can't. They LOOK like good close quarters weapons but just don't pack the sort of punch I'd like in a close range engagement. I'd rather have a shotgun if I'm going to be at hipfire ranges, or even pull out the Armistice for quicker reloads than what the TRV and TAR are capable of. It's entirely possible I'm just using them wrong, but every time I pull either of them out I almost always wind up regretting it. D+

The SABR is pure trash. In the VR training room it seems awesome. It's accurate, controllable, and appears to be a headshot machine. But in practice, the burst fire mode just kills it. The second bullet will NEVER hit the same place that the first bullet does, and in an actual fight where players are juking and dodging about, this becomes a major problem especially when you're firing at longer ranges. You'll likely be missing with half your shots just due to the bullet deviation, and at close range you'll be shredded to pieces. Medium range is the only option available for it, and both Cyclers already do that just fine on TOP of being decent up close. F

I can't say much about the TORQ because I don't own it.

The NS-11 though, while lacking pure stopping power, more than makes up for it with superb accuracy and a quick reload. This thing really IS a headshot machine and as time goes on I just seem to enjoy it more and more. A-
  2. SadeSkirata

Nothin to add here.
    • Up x 3
  3. Redcleoud

Agree with everything you responded to Stargazer with. All opinion yes; but you can search this section and wiki and videos, even out of date, and responses to other posts and find a general consensus more in line with Sade than Stargazer and how overall awesome TR ARs are. But I get where Stargazer is coming from a while ago I felt similar actually and used the Cycler T1S and shotgun CQC. Tho the t1S is versatile, and I still love it; after trying SABR and TRV just find myself using less. Miss the grenade/smoke/shotgun barrel though. But long range it was okay, medium awesome - but closer just yeah... again, under barrel is main reason for it.

SABR is awesome! Now, it took me time to get used to it. At first; I was disappointed esp with it given all the glowing reports of it. Tho even then I never considered it trash. But after properly attaching it and practicing (and frankly upgrading CPU some for smoother framerates), getting burst down, it is completely awesome! At long-range I swear by it, gun I always wanted for long range no bullet miss issues other than my own aiming/lag, but I also use HVA - and even CQC burst fire and hip is decent; definitely no the TRV or TAR or Shotgun obviously, but > Cycler models imo at close range. But of course that's if find yourself in situation; or if was only weapon other than Cycler you had.

TRV is awesome! Everything Sade said; for all reasons others say over using shotguns/other ARs here - it's just so good. Just trying TAR now; had before but preferred TRV didn't like TAR's recoil and was prob just used to TRV. Hipfire and movement of TAR tho is noticeable; I'm liking it more I try it. TRV still is good hipfire, esp if use adv laser sights, but yeah both are great; matter of preference imo.

TORQ - none experience wise really - just too many TR ARs to use :p
  4. Dualice

I've found the TORQ and the SABR are akin in that they especially require headshot prioritization to shine at closer ranges. The TORQ because of the lower damage profile, and the SABR due to the burst fire. It's great with the Cycler TRV too of course, but with the amount of damage that thing spits out per second, it's lethal anywhere you point it (within reason).
  5. Psykmoe

Just chiming in to say that the SABR-13 has a first shot recoil modifier of x0.75, what that means is that in a 2 round burst, the first bullet has LESS recoil than the following bullet.

This means the SABR-13 is far more likely to get both bullets on target than any other guns with burst mode. Even the dedicated Burst variants do not have this feature.

I also haven't found closer engagements problematic. The SABR's rpm cap is set at a fairly generous 600 rpm, so you can click-spam pretty fast. I used to run a laser on mine because the Advanced Grip didn't feel that useful, the SABR's shot placement doesn't really have a horizontal problem that I've noted.

It seems counter-intuitive but the SABR is barely impacted by foregoing the grip and compensator at realistic combat ranges, which lets you fortify your hipfiring for emergencies if your clickfinger is fast.

Still, burst mode guns aren't totally my thing so I usually run Cycler T1S with Grip/Compensator if I need a little extra range over other TR ARs, but wish to fire faster than the NS-11A. The TORQ also fits this description. Although a TORQ with grip/comp can also work further out than most other TR ARs.
  6. Armcross

T1S, because of underbarrel smoke granade. Before I revive freandly in hotspot I puff the smoke ON the enemy(not in between). In that way not get killed again and again and again and again and again........ aka cert farming your own team mates.
  7. Leivve

Have you seen the sabr? That thing is like a laser even while spamming with a 4x scope at long range.
    • Up x 1
  8. qiray12

for tr there isnt much diffrence with the AR options they have, most of the options are rock solid but its just preferences.

if you prefer the tar over the T1 cycler id recommend you to grab the torq if you like they cycler more you should check out the sabr.
  9. jmdafk

re the OP id save up for the torq if you want a good gun.
    Its incredibly accurate for a TR weapon and despite its low damage, its rof combined with its accuracy makes it deadly upto medium range. But then the starting T1 is plenty good enough compared to the rest of the TR arsenal and as such for a medic id recomend certing the healing gun first to earn more certs quicker to get all the AR's.
    Ive only used TRV, T1, TAR and TORQ mind, but found them all amazing for certain tasks.
    TAR seems the weakest as its only benefit is really hipfire over the others. But its still a potent gun.
    TRV is just lethal. It feels like your cheating using this thing. Short range weapon tho.
    T1 is a very versatile gun with a good balance
    TORQ is so accurate i fear it will sooner or later be nerfed.

If only our HA had such a capable range of weapons.......
  10. Uncle_Lou

Small sample size for me at this point, but I've had trouble using the TAR. I've heard it is pretty good so have been a bit surprised by it so far and not really in a good way. Love the TRV and TORQ but haven't quite figured out the TAR yet... I feel like it has more side to side jitter than the other TR ARs. Any tips would be welcome... I tend to try to keep engagements in the 15-35m range and not so much right in my face, so I ADS unless I get into an 'oh ****' situation.
  11. jmdafk

Thats what i found with the TAR compared to the others. So much so i run a grip on it at all times as its useless without it.
    Personally I save the TAR for <15m fights where im expecting hipfire and the ADS inacuracy is nullified. IMO over 15m all the other AR's are much better. And trying to use the TAR outside against the VS has had me swearing quite a bit!
    I usually ADS myself so i do struggle with the TAR.
  12. WarBB

My favourite medic guns:

TRV:

Pure dps, not sure but I think TRV has highest damage output of all TR infantry weapons. Has notable recoil, bit different than TR weapons usually, and also has very large hipfire CoF.
    Incredible when used with ads at SMG range, with that limited range you can beat equally skilled HA's in legit 1v1. Otherwise, not so good.

NS-11A:

Low dps, but insanely stable. If you are not going for head in short range 1v1, you basically equal dead. But at medium and long ranges this gun starts to kick in, it has so low recoil that you might start to believe you accidentally chose a VS character.

Both guns are very situational, but at their limited effective ranges these two perform like god.
  13. Lord_Avatar

The TAR used to be a superb gun - a go-to weapon for TR CMs in fact (think the pre-nerf Jaguar), but then it took a rather serious nerf to it's accuracy. I still find it an excellent weapon due to it's stellar TTK, tight hipfire and most of all - the 0.75 ADS.
  14. DeltaValkyrie

As a TR player myself my recommendations are:

Cycler TRV - Nice and fast fire rate (without sacrificing damage unlike the TORQ-9) which makes it useful in CQC. Attachments 1x/2x scope, silencer, advanced laser sight and soft point.

TORQ-9 - This is also an excellent weapon choice for medic. Has the same velocity as the SABR-13 making it decent at short and mid range engagements but UNFORTUNATELY lower damage per shot. Compensated by the fact it has fast fire rate and fast reload speed (I see Vanu engineers really worked the reload mechanisms :p). Attachments: 1x/2x scope, compensator (or silencer), foregrip (or laser sight), I'd recommend soft point for this over High Velocity since its already pretty high.

SABR-13 - Extremely accurate and hard hitting, my go to for long(er) range engagements. Attachments: 4x/2x scope, compensator, advanced foregrip, (High Velocity is personal preference. I don't use it)
  15. jmdafk

Slightly OT, but i was thinking are our TR AR's as good as we think they are?
    Is it because our e.g LMG's are **** that they feel so good, or are they really better across the board than the other factions guns?

Interesting the TAR was nerfed (im a newbie). Its a dangerous gun as it is....
  16. Lord_Avatar

Maybe not better per se, but objectively very good. We have no duds and can cover every situation due to a broad selection of ARs. I'd say the NC are almost on par with us while the VS are lagging a tad behind (which is ok, because they are VS /prejudice).

The TAR was the ultimate AR in the game - there was no reason for the TR CM to pick up any other gun. It used to have everything: great DPS, good DPM, good accuracy, SPA and the 0.75 ADS modifier to boot. Heck - there was a thread on these forums where someone answered the quesion "what scares you most in PS2" with "the sound of the TAR firing." That's how good it was.

It's still an excellent facemelter, just no longer godly. :(