[Vehicle] TR Gatekeeper: I paid 550 certs for a weaker basilisk???

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tanelorn, Sep 4, 2015.

1. SwornJupiter

You're absolutely right. I think what many many TR have always wanted is a secondary AV option that synergises well with the long range artillery cannon that is the lock-down AP prowler.
    The same can be said for the other two weapons:
    NC - High damage short range - goes with the 'brawler tank' theme that the Vanguard has going for it
    VS - Well, it's a vulcan, and it's what VS have been asking for for a while...
  2. Letten

well I used it for 2 h on a harraser and I think it is very effective.
  3. Diilicious

itd be nice if people thought at all before they posted
    • Up x 1
  4. Scr1nRusher

But see that requires thinking & not jumping to rash conclusions.
  5. KirthGersen

I'm just curious how such thing could go live. While GK-H requires 3-4 Harassers to be effective and overall works pretty much as Enforcer-H, Prowler's one makes suspiciously good combo with P2-120 AP.
    We have:
    - Strong damage output across all ranges;
    - Deadly precise in full-auto mode (no COF increasing);
    - 500 m/s and virtually no drop -> almost no leading required;
    - Huge clip and 1,75s (!) reload.
    Meanwhile Saron has 6-shot clip and quickly growing COF if used in "fast" mode; need to be used in 100-120 rpm mode at range.
    Enforcer has 8-shot clip, it's strong but relatively slow firing, also huge drop.
    Both these have 300 m/s PrVel IIRC, same al VulPhelion. And all MBT AV tops have 2,5-4 s reload as well.
    Not sure about wepon category but I afraid that GK is in a class with Saron and Enforcer.

The problem I see here is that GK is both spammable and precise, and also very effective at all ranges (ofc not as good as Vulcan in CQC).
    TR are already trying to use it in groups so expect spam, more spam and spamtrains such as Basilisk Sundy platoons.
    If you guys think Vulcan-H is OP then just wait:rolleyes:

P.S. About other new H/MBT tops, well, Aphelion-H is the same Vulcan-H and I will not use MBT's one on my Mag cuz there's no synergy.
    Mjolnir is just a crap IMO and I've seen only a few guys using it now; I barely believe I'll ever see any good Vanny pilot using it on serious tank hunt.