TR Fracture - the new scatmax?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Onyxinator, May 3, 2013.

1. Xae

I for one don't see a problem with mounting 120MM HEAT guns on a Max.
  2. Dreadnaught Wrex

Are you ********? Its obvious you dont play the MAX class.
  3. Trump63b

Oh god no! The TR got a weapon thats actually on par with some of the ridiculous weapons for the other factions. HOLY S@#T BAT MAN. NO WAY. NERF THAT S@#T. We can't let the TR have something good. No sir!
  4. Bill Hicks

The fracture is ridiculous. Sometimes I think Im getting rocket podded and find out it was a TR max spraying me from long range.
    • Up x 1
  5. Bill Hicks

this is exactly what is happening. Getting max podded by a group of them
  6. Purg

Have bought dual Fractures and Ravens. Haven't had a chance for a decent run with the Fractures but those who think that the Ravens are going to dominate infantry.. spent 30 minutes with them, no armor around unfortunately so relegated to shooting at infantry. Killed 1 LA who landed about 10 meters in front of me. Shot ~50 of them, registered some hits but most of them missed. Stand still, I might hit you. Move, I won't hit you.
    • Up x 1
  7. Jkar

Once you had a bit of practice with guiding your missiles you should be able to hit infantry pretty reliably I'd imagine. At least judging from my experience with the engineer AV turret it's not that hard, but you also got decent splash damage on the AV turret on top of it being one hit kill.
  8. Pella

Point click kill. Doesn't the scat max do the same?
  9. Flukeman62

eh blarg. i don't really see the point in using fractures over using a HA because it is more fun to die like a bad-*** than live as a OP git.
  10. Myka

Fracture is very powerful. I'm not sure if it's 'OP' yet. I've been killed with it a lot as infantry, that's for sure.

My only real complaint is the clear imbalance between the Fracture, whatever the NC's weapon is called, and the Vortex. I'm fine with the MAX AV weapons being powerful, but the Vortex is absolute crap - so if TR & NC get something as good as the Fracture/whatever the NC one is called, then the VS should damn well get something good as well.
  11. Liberty

I have to laugh at the stupidity involved in the many Fracture = New Hack / Scat/ NC whatever MAX threads.

Scat/Hax Maxes were a 1 shot from 1 arm If you got all pellets to hit +2 in the head. They were a 1 click (both mouse buttons) insta gib on any infantry that got near them. The hackmax would kill other MAX units in less than 2 seconds.

The fracture requires 3 direct hits from a single projectile, if its a miss or splash it does 25 damage before flak armor calculations. HAX Max you aim in the general direction and pellets will still hit for at least 143 to - 429 damage (before dmg nerf).

The fracture requires 14 direct hits to kill an enemy MAX unit @ 80 RPM per arm even suggesting its in the same league of a shotgun MAX is a joke.

Do you want to know what the ultimate and I mean ultimate stupidity is, do you know what else is a 3 bodyshot kill with a HIGHER rate of fire than DUAL fractures? The NS revolver.

I'm not denying the fracture is good, it is. It can be used for AI much the same way the Comet, Falcons, and Ravens can, yet I didn't see half a dozen threads comparing them to old scatter/hax maxes.
    • Up x 1
  12. Odin

nothing wrong with the fracture...at all.
    Im nc and like that tr has a good av weapon less bursters around :)
  13. tapiste

WINNER : 420Dps 500M/S 0.3/0.3/0.3/0.3/0.1 +indirect damage// 120*315ammo // Damage before reload : 3150
    [IMG]
    Max ability : Lock Down : Insane Fire Rate Increase and armor but deploy

LOOSER : 153>255Dps 0.39/0.39/0.39/5/1 144x85ammo // Damage before reload : 612>1020
    [IMG]
    Max ability : Get free damage when he try to increase a bit fire rate and speed. Nice we can move, but we have a 5 hip accuracy when walking and more recoil so its dont work with firerate...
  14. Dreadnaught Wrex

Your math is wrong, the vortex do more damage in a mag than that. Also, where is the NC's weapon in this?
  15. Kireles

Assuming the charge/damage mechanics are the same as the Lancer then the damage per clip on a vortex is 2040 uncharged spam and 3400 fully charged inside 200m. 1224 uncharged and 2040 fully charged on targets over 200m (I think the damage displayed in the tooltip is vs infantry and it's double vs armour).

The weapons is still a steaming pile of pig ****, there is no scenario where it is good, they are a flat out downgrade from comets, comets which can 2 shot infantry I might add, so you don't become a free kill to infantry for putting them on, which you do with the Vortex.
  16. Kireles

Today a group of fracture MAXes denied a biolab from a full platoon, that is not how AV weapons should be functioning. If you can't tell that they are broken vs infantry, then something is badly wrong with you.
    • Up x 1
  17. Frankdark

Kirles, even 10 Max ( 4 with Fracture ) could not stop 5 scattermax
    I was in that fight!

Fracture is the weapon of choice @ the moment.
    Not becouse it´s overpowerd! It´s becouse of the lack of power of every other weapon.

And it sucks compare to NC Guided Rocket in every way.

And the VS Weapon is the one thing what needs a overhole.

Comet for Long Range and Vortex for Short?
    or Comet for Short Range and Vortex for Long.

Comet is still very strong ( compare to Fracture its even )
  18. Kireles

Actually Fracture MAXes could easily beat Scattermaxes. Keep in mind explosives care not for MAX armour (which is why the Lasher melts MAXes), and direct hits are not reduced by flak armour either...

If you'd use Comets for close, Vortex for long, why would you use the Vortex at all? When you're engaging armour at long range why not use a Lancer on a HA which gives you better mobility, and an LMG/pistol to pull out if infantry are getting close? It seems to me the downside of not being able to protect yourself against infantry as a MAX is a death sentence, even dual bursters can handle themselves in an infantry fight.
  19. Dreadnaught Wrex

The onyl reason they would be able to do that is because your side lacked the ability to adapt and that fractures are good against MAXes. Unless you are stupid enough to stand still in front a MAX a wrong of infantry rushing those MAXes should have been enough. To be honest they have a higher TTK than our infantry weapons, the only reason they are effective which is why I pull them in biolabs is to combat other MAXes.
  20. Maarvy

Theres a counter to get inside gen or capture point rooms against multiple max's covering each enterance all with dual fractures ( or nc equivelant) which any one of them can kill you in 1 salvo ? .

You realise you can rush past max's with AI wepons and overrun a room ? but its a different story when there multiple maxs droping dual arm AV splash damage on every enterance .

Bout time the ******* game developers took a realy long had look at wtf there doing while theres still people playing this **** .