TR Engineer Weapon

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by d3MMoNuL, Nov 21, 2012.

1. d3MMoNuL

So is the best weapon so far for engineers at the moment? :mad:
  2. Jakko

The Trac-5 is a pretty good all around weapon for TR. There are many other choices if you want a more specialized playstyle. I think the Lynx is supposed to be better in close with the AMC better at range. The Chieftan was a solid gun in beta but I can't remember the specific strengths. I am assuming by your picture that you play TR.
  3. Gary

i us the t5-amc sacrifices some fire rate for longer range
  4. RawrItsTandy

Trac-5 S.

It has all fire modes and can use 2 different ammo types, all compensator/suppressors and under slung attachments! With a 3.5x dot scope and the 3 round burst I can get some very easy midrange kills with it too.
  5. DrTeeth

+1 on the TRAC-5 S. Under-barrel grenades count as ammo don't they? You can keep yourself stocked-up and spam them if so. If you're going to be doing close range fighting though, the Lynx with a laser or the Haymaker would be the best choices.
  6. Slouis

Big fan of my trac-5 s with underbarrel grenade and girraffe camo...[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  7. Shendao

I like the T5-AMC more then the TRAC-5. But it still doesn't feel right. Is the Trac-5 S really that good?
  8. Zeghart

I'm really torn between T5-AMC / Lynx / TRAC S myself. Not a big fan of the shotguns.

Out of the ones I've tried, the Lynx has been the most effective, but it's pretty hard to fully understand weapons from a 30-minute trial.
    With the higher RoF and accurate hip fire it tears through enemies in close-mid range, and it's not particularly inaccurate from longer distances either.

Conceptually I like the AMC since I prefer to engage from a distance, but from the trial I actually haven't noticed big advantages over the Stock TRAC in that sense.

I haven't noticed big differences with the TRAC-5 S either, besides the burst-fire mode. But the absurd amount of attachments is sure to give a lot of versatility, especially thanks to high-velocity bullets and underslung GL/shotgun, which the other Carbines lack.
  9. Jestunhi

Are TRAC S underslung weapons reloaded by ammo packs?

If so I can certainly see the advantage in an unlimited ammo grenade launcher.
  10. Slouis

they are SOMETIMES, you have to know how to shoot, begin reload animation...drop an ammo pack, finish reload and then sometimes it will refill a grenade, but being able to lob a grenade into a max and then finish him off with a gun is also satisfying
  11. Jestunhi

Just tested the underslung grenades and they are not resupplied by ammo packs.

Still, 100 cert points for effectively 2 more grenades (although fired rather than thrown and impact-explosion instead of a timed one) which don't use infantry resources is cheaper than the grenade bandoleer and doesn't use up as much of an important upgrade slot.

However it does mean that I'm having to adjust to an extra weapon, my pistol is now 3 and my repair tool is 4 so I keep shooting MAXs instead of repairing them!
  12. Lexstock

Lynx is a beast, way better than the AMC. I used the AMC for a long time, then got the Lynx recommended, and my K/D has been going up the roof since then.
  13. Bregor

Underslung grenade launcher DOES get refilled by the ammo pack but it's bugged since god knows how long. There are times where I could keep on reloading the grenade and fire but it seems to bug the most when you shoot both and then try the ammo pack. Until SOE fixes it you can indeed best consider it 2 extra grenades and resuply it at a terminal and be happy if it refills via an ammo pack.

I switch between the TRAC 5-S and Nighthawk (the automatic shotgun) depending on the situation.
  14. Falanin

I shotgun (and mines). Only way to roll under the conditions I play in. Mid to low fps, so I'm often off repairing turrets by myself rather than with a squad. I get jumped by singletons a lot while doing this. They always seem to want to close to knife range... shotgun gives me a chance.
  15. VKhaun

Lynx by a mile. It feels a lot like the GD-7F and VX6-7, but with extra fast movement while aiming down the sights. It's like the perfect short-mid gun, and that's where I usually find myself as an engineer.
  16. Fallout10mm

Lynx is a straight upgrade from the Trac-5. At first I was skeptical but god does it feel like its much more accurate ads and hipfire (and thats before certing the laser sight and a decent scope). Its gona take alot to pry me away from this murdermachine :D.
  17. Skadi

Sigh... hipfire, sadly the most effecient way to get kills in this game besides long distances -_-
  18. Artaxarta

The Trac-5 S is the most versatile. It performs well at up to medium ranges and has all the attachments you could want. I also have the Jaguar which seems kind of pointless. I don't know why anyone would use a rifle other than the 5 S since it's so flexible, so you only need to cert the one weapon. You can modify it through attachments to suit any needs you have. Though I do pull out the Haymaker from time to time, but only because I use that on my Heavy Assault so certing it benefits both the Engy and the HA.
  19. FateJH

Just so I'm not mistaken about this: the only thing that TRAC-5 Burst has over the default TRAC-5 is the exchange of Automatic for 3x Burst, right?

I've been trying to decide between acquiring the T-AMC or the TRAC-5 S. The AMC allows for the Advanced Forward Grip, though, which makes me worry about its normal horizontal recoil (vertical recoil is not something I find normally issue with); and, I'm concerned with the S5's underbarrel attachment concerns/issues. I don't know anything about how the alternate ammo types affect the weapons but I'd only be concerned with comedically extreme bullet drop at medium range.
  20. skull4squadron

I'm curious can someone tell me how to switch from 3x burst to automatic.
    what the key to use?