[Guide] TR Combat Medic Weapons In-Combat Comparison

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Wristy, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Wristy

In This Video I Compare all the weapons available to the Combat Medic class
    Any not here will have the own dedicated video
  2. Leonard DeVir

Nice review! Really good for people who play TR medic for the first time and cant decide which weapon would benefit their playstle most. Im just missing something like a "Top 3" comparison at the end, like "If you want to be the most effective at CQC/long range/allround, choose this weapon with those attachments".

To contribute something, my weapon setup will look like this:

1. Cycler TRV with Silencer, Laser Sight, Soft Point Ammo for CQC. Use this, forget SMGs :D

2. SABR with Compensator, Foregrip, HV Ammo for expected long range battles ("storming over the field with your tanks"). If you get used to it it can be used close quarters too, but its tricky bcause you have to keep pressing LMB in the right rhythm. Outshine your team snipers with this.

3. Highly subjective, but the standard Cycler or the T1S as all-around weapon if you dont know what to expect. I grew on my T1S because if you are able to compensate the higher recoil its an awesome weapon for every situation. Another big advantage: the T1S just has vertical recoil with almost nonexistant horizontal jittering, making it quite easy to compensate. Therefore its also a good longer-range weapon, but you will have to burst the shots (2 shot mode) though.
  3. Singed

Good review, and i wish It was available when I started Planetside 2. There are some points I would like to contest in your review.
    1. The Armistice with extended mags has 40 rounds, plus a fire rate at 900rpm. The Hailstrom has a fire rate of 800rpm. With the SMG's worse damage the Armistice has a higher TTK
  4. }{ellKnight

Armistice isn't bad but due to high ROF you'll go through that clip quite fast. You'll have to pick between adv laser or extended mag. Hailstorm has a higher mag capacity regardless of what you put on the Armistice, reloads faster and has the potential of firing more accurately from the hip if you put extended mag on the Armistice. The only thing the Armistice has over it is ROF and that's it.

Anyway, nice review, it didn't go into that much detail though like mentioning that the TAR for example loads very slowly, TRV has the worse hipfire accuracy out of all the TR rifles and other things.
  5. Takoita

IMHO, T1B does the SABR's job better at a lesser cost. At least, that's the impression I've got in the VR.