Top armor

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PatateMystere, May 18, 2016.

1. PatateMystere

I'm wondering, is it worth to buy top armor for a tank?

For example, is it a good investment to buy top armor for my skyguard?

I know how directionnal damages works on vehicules but, I dont get when the top armor is used. Is it a matter of angle? Of height?
    I know, I tank bust tanks every days from the rear so, rear armor is used in this case. But when is top armor considered?
  2. Metalsheep

I've never really found Top Armor to be very useful, especially when Skyguarding. Air should be avoiding you for the most part, and it wont save you from a Tankbuster.

My two slots for Skyguard are Engagement Radar and Proxomity Radar.

Engagement Radar makes skyguarding super easy, you can pinpoint almost every aircraft you can hit. It makes keeping any air attackers that might target you at bay pretty easy.

I use prox radar to keep C4 fairys away as well, as they are likely to attack you while youre looking up at the sky. Nanite Auto Repair can easily be swapped here if youre confident of your safety/awareness level.
    • Up x 1
  3. Shadowomega

Unless they run stealth, which nullifies Engagement Radar.

I use to run top armor and it has saved my skyguard a few times from Rocketts from ESF and even the Hornets (when they're not shoving them up the lightings rear end), and a couple times from a tank buster (Fire suppression kept it from getting in the red). Though I found stealth and good placement to be major life saviors most the time. Only time I run Proxy radar is on my HE builds, due to infantry being a heavier threat then.
    • Up x 1