[Suggestion] Tool slot: Combat Drugs

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Karandor, Aug 19, 2013.

1. RogueComet

Actually with proper tools, I imagined LA to be able to take on 2 rolls... Something that could entice a LA to stay with his group, would be awesome. Something that would encorage an LA to come back to his group more often (and not wander quite as far) would also be awesome. These ideas I presented in the posts below could be used solo, but the idea was to come up with an item that would also benefit a group more than one person by themselves.

Here's one thread I started a while back that didn't get many replies:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/a-new-original-la-tool-idea.137734/

I always felt that the beacons that could be deployed near a sunderer to help protect it from drop pods would encourage LA to to stay back and protect said vehicle a bit more (from a good vantage point, they would have to put down this protection every minute or two, thus not wander too far off). That's one way to help the team out.

Here's a link to the other beacon ideas I had:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/your-beacon-does-what-tool-ideas.94744/

All of those ideas, I really imagined giving LA a way to "play on the rooftops" but also sometimes drop down and place something that might get things ready for their platoon to come through the area. I can imagine a group of LA going up to a roof and clearing the other side of a doorway to a capture point. One drops down and places an Explosive Dampener beacon in the door below where a squad is protecting a point, and the going back up to the roof.

The idea shouldn't be constant team support but tactical team support. Some item that could encourage you to run with the group (only sometimes pulling off to do your own thing) or some item that would encourage you to come back to your group every so often to help them out. It'd ideally be something that made you want to stick nearer to your group than you currently do. Difficult to do I know.

Still... I liked my beacon ideas. :) Just wish SOE would be transparent with us like they claim to be and actually give us some sort of sign they are thinking about LA instead of the silent nerfs that we keep getting time after time.
  2. Iridar51

That. So much of that.

But I still would want something with our jump jets. What you're suggesting is team support abilities, which are good and useful, but kinda make jet pack a paperweight while you use them. I don't like the idea of "doing A or doing B" as in choosing between supporting or flanking. I wish for something along the lines of "doing A and B at the same time".

Not that there's anything wrong with what you suggest. I wish we would already got something.
  3. RogueComet

LOL I'd love to see something that is a team support ability as well as different jump jet abilities. Really right now we have "lame up" and "lame drift" as jet options. I'd love, in addition to team support abilities, to see a really wide variety of jump jets.

Jets that allowed you to move at a walking (or maybe ADS) pace forward with no downward momentum for like 10 minutes (so even more hover than drifter.)
    Jets that allowed super (speed or distance or both) upwards motion but little forward motion.
    Jets that worked like the regular jets jump wise, but lasted MUCH longer, but also with a super long recharge time.
    Jets with a super small fuel tank, but also a super small recharge time.
    Jets that only worked sideways (heck I dunno, that could be funny and fun though!). Perhaps they worked with super fast momentum, only for 1 or 2 seconds max, that would allow you to mess up enemy targeting, not really used to climb stuff. (Would enable more team play.)
    Jets that gave you a quick burst of speed forward, kind of like dash. You'd go up maybe double jump height and forward 10m, in like 1 second's time. Enable you to close to QCQ range quickly.
    Jets that are named Icarus.
    Jets that are completely silent but less fuel or less thrust.
    Jets that make up automatically show up on radar, but are better in some way.
    Jets that have a grapple/magnetic hook in them that you can use to get just a little bit higher (or attach yourself to vehicles above you) as long as you can attach to something above you.
    Jets that are super loud but also put out a smoke screen for free when you use them. (I'd be really tempted to run with an HS/NV squad using this one!)

Yeah there are lots of possibilities for jets. Synergy between them and a tool? More difficult yeah but would be nice.

I've actually taken heart in that there are more and more Light Assault players starting to get ticked off at the changes SOE has made to our class. Over the last few weeks, the number of people complaining in the LA forum has increased and there have been fewer and fewer positive things said. More and more people are starting to realize that LA doesn't bring as much to the battle as the other classes too and I can only hope that SOE has noticed this as well.