Tons of New Stuff

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Eclipson, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Eclipson

If you go to the VR, you will see an insane amount of new stuff that may or may not be added to the game. Theres way to much to post here so I will either suggest you check it out for yourself, or check out some of it from this reddit post:
    http://imgur.com/a/6xZBO

Can't wait for the class revamps. So much stuff! o_O
    • Up x 2
  2. DJPenguin

Really stoked to see all of this.. and then i came across the orbital strike for infiltrators. Can't pass judgement on it yet but if it's going to behave like i think it is then friendly tanks shelling towers I'm attacking will be the least of my concern. Such is the life of a LA, fearing their own team more than the enemy.
  3. Elrobochanco

In PS1 it was pretty easy to see an orbital coming, so as long as they don't mess it up like tribes ascend it could be fine. The old orbital in modern PS2 would basically only be effective for parking lots of vehicles waiting around, and sunderers.
  4. Elrobochanco

Also forgot to say I hope by the time this goes live you can preview new helmets and camo you don't own at the same time.
  5. bestan

You can even equip the flamethrowers on the MAXes.

But I don't recommend it. The sound tends to glitch and then the game crashes shortly after.
    • Up x 1
  6. Baleur

If you want to see the max flames working quite well, just search youtube for some old beta footage, they were in then and they were gllllooooooooooorious
  7. Rraymondo316

Loving the new flamethrowers

Shame the 2 times i tired using em its crashed the game :(
  8. freeze

they were absolutely horrible
  9. DiHorizon

Saw a guy in NC VR running around with them. Caused me some stuttery fps, then my client crashed.
    Too bad I didn't have PhysX enabled. The particles they're using now are a bit lacklustre.
  10. Rraymondo316

Icarus jump jets are coming back it seems :)
  11. GeneralSpecific

Interesting things I saw in TRVR.
    -Three new SMGs with descriptions (More accurate one/more damage one/faster shooting one)
    -All those pistols from beta got models
    -Melee Booster (Backstabs Ahoy) and "Deployable Object Avoidance" suits for the Infiltrator (Future Sentry guns?)
    -Two new MCG variants, one touted as "More maneuverable" and the other as the "TR's Mobile Turret"
    -An NS anti armor flamethrower (in addition to the Anti Infantry one from beta)
    -An NS "Frag Cannon" (read Grenade launcher) for Max Suits
    -An ES Rocket Launcher arm for Max Suits
    -A Deployable Shield Wall that blocks "small arms fire" for Engineers (replaces MANA Turret)
    -Engineer's "Decontructer" Repair tool that heals allied stuff and Hurts enemy stuff (Sounds kinda Useless)
    -Medic Nano Emitter, Description makes it sound like a deployable version of the existing Nanite Heal aoe.
    -Medic "Nanite Burst", No description but intuition says it's probably an insta heal.
    -Medic "Aegis Barrier", No description but intuition says it's probably a shield.

Can't use any of this stuff, selecting it sometimes crashes the game, but some neat things are in the pipes.
    • Up x 1
  12. gigastar

Whats unfortunate is that we have no idea what among this is leftover junk data from scrapped development biulds or prototypes that are not ready for showcasing yet.

Well we know about the MAX stuff, but the new HA weapons really draw my attention.
    • Up x 1
  13. Puppy

Engie Shield Barricades?! :D I've been thinking about this and it may become a reality!
  14. Llaf

I love the description for the TR infiltrators command uplink device.
    • Up x 3
  15. Regpuppy

I recognize a lot of abilities that were thrown away in beta. As well as the obvious lulzy guns, thrown out concepts, and dev trolling.

But I do notice some things that are interesting and get my excited... like the engineer deployable barrier everyone's been wanting.

I'm guessing it's the same or similar to the NC's "NC's I win button" haha

Edit: checked all three. VS one is the only one that has the serious description

Also, guess we get an idea of the VS maxes ability finally!

[IMG]

Actually sort of neat. If it works like I think it does, then you'll be able to do a quick jet jump/strafe to the direction you're moving to. Makes me think of some mech games that allowed this.

and then the two we sort of knew about

[IMG]

This gives me hope that it's not another generic overshield.

[IMG]

I wince as I think of the AA capabilities. I also see the high capacity mag miniguns gaining some value, purely because the others will run out of ammo too fast.
  16. DragonV2

oooh bombs for the mossie, the prowler quad cannon and the Galaxy AMS are all in here, hope they get em working soon :)
  17. Spadar

Ever since they nerfed my ability to bomb with tank mines I've had severe withdrawal-like cravings for gravity induced carnage. :(
    • Up x 1
  18. DragonV2

well looks like if this goes through you may get your fix in the shape of even bigger bombs :)
  19. Ash87

A member of my outfit hopped on when He heard about the flamethrowers. After we figured out how to equip them, he started spinning in a circle, lighting the ground on fire and doing the Mark Hamill Joker laugh for 5 straight minutes.

...You might say he was pleased.
    • Up x 2
  20. Zakuak

Hmmm some interesting bits and pieces in there cool!

I see a type of designator for the Infil class that appears to be associated with Orbital Strikes eh?