Today's hotfix? Where did my frames go?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Halon, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Halon

I hate to say it, something went very wrong with this hotfix. Down to 20 frames in a hex with 30ish players total, and my frames are spiking all around, 20's, 30's, etc.

Sad times.
    • Up x 5
  2. Swatmat

same here, spiking frames, a lot of stutter and lots of degradation in performance
    • Up x 1
  3. XRIST0

Game is unplayable now , good job soe .. it was perfectly fine before the "hotfix"

Im dipping down to 20 fps o_O before this hotfix it was 55-60 ..

I wont be playing until you guys revert whetever you went and done ..

I just cant play like that . Its a terrible experience ... really disappointing :(
    • Up x 2
  4. Suiradezza

Don't you read the patch notes?

• Up x 6
  5. Halon

I validated, restarted my PC, and validated, all files were good. Esamir seems to be normal, my issues were on Indar. Running Nvidia 320.49 drivers.
  6. XRIST0

Im using amd cards , 13.8 drivers .. was working perfectly before , they screwed something up with this hotfix .

Don't know why they cant test these hotfixes out before they screw up everyone's game .
  7. Roxputin

about ready to give up on Planetside
    • Up x 1
  8. kuddlesworth55

Before in small-medium sized battles I got 45-60FPS but know I get 29-30 FPS. I run an i7 2600 and a GTX 680 EVGA Classified. I think my setup is more then enough to play this game. I have also optimized the game as far as it would go with Ambient Occlusion On. I would hate to dread what the hotfix has done to large scale battles know, luckily I haven't gotten into one. But I think because the framerate for this game is getting worse I will take a long break until they (SOE) pull their fingers and put it into full gear.
    • Up x 1
  9. Halon

Stuttering seems present on Esamir too.
  10. CrackR4Kids

Got the same issue was doing fine yesterday before the hotfix. Now the game is unplayable, thanks SOE.
  11. Swatmat

just confirmed it was the hotfix, logged onto PTR and its smooth as it always was. VR on live 2-3 people present, stuttery and jumpy, PTR VR 2-3 people there, smooth as butter locked at 60 fps the whole time, soe roll back this hotfix or look into it
    • Up x 2
  12. bahlof

13. Paranormal

Yesterday my game was running smooth as butter.

Now I'm getting consistent stutter after this hotfix on all continents. I was just on Amerish with very few people and I get the same effect so not a CPU issue.

I blame the 8-16 hotfix!!!

P.S. I just loaded up the test server and it is smooth as ever so again I blame the stuttering issues on the hotfix!!!
  14. Blinklys

Same here. Was fine before the hotfix, now its almost unplayable, even going below 20 fps in some areas. Nicely done.
  15. Ubad00d

Yep my frames down, definitely just after the hotfix.
  16. Frostical

Ah good, not just me then!
  17. Logoss

Frame rate? Heck how about warping players, HUD lag, bullets going through players...can these DEVs do anything without breaking 5 others? Not to mention 5 other things that were already broken and fixed 10 times now...I'm starting to lose my desire to play. Not that I can play with half my shots doing nothing and people are appearing out of thin air to blow me away.
    • Up x 1
  18. AllTheWayGeronimo

My frames are now spiking over 60 fps to 155 and other crazy numbers with adaptive vsync on. In large battles my system is crippled being bottlenecked by the GPUs.

I'm running an i7 3930k and 2 4gb EVGA FTW edition GTX 680s in SLI. 20 FPS? REALLY SOE!? 20 FPS!?

My game was running outstandingly well until this morning.
  19. Halon

Getting a lot of strange GPU bottlenecks in an area with about 5 players.

*edit* I guess it should be GPU bound when there is a low number of players around, but also getting low/choppy frames.
  20. DrTeeth

They must have left out some kind of optimization from this patch. When nothing is happening, I'm getting my usual framerate, usually 80+, but in any sort of battle my FPS is like half its usual number, between 15 and 20.