To the NC outfits and members of Emerald.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chewy102, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Chewy102

Are you getting sick of being a laughing stock in alerts? Are you tired of having command being either a cluster **** or a no mans land? Do you think that there isn't anyone to help you? Is there a feeling of just a lack of teamwork? What to do something about it?

THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
    Nothing will happen without us MAKING it happen!

Join us at our command center to become one of the conglomerate!

I come here to ask that my brothers in arms, soldiers of fortune, and freedom fighters in the Emerald branch of the New Conglomerate to join with each other in our common goals in order to simply do one thing. Kick *** till the bodies of our enemies are as red, black, purple, and teal as the colors they choose to be! It has been long enough living like vermin that scatter to the winds or into their holes under the dirt. NO MORE! Let us be more than mice, let us be more than scavengers, let us be A MUTHER-******* CONGLOMERATE and show the foolish Terran Republic and Vanu Sovereignty what we TRULY ARE!

By the screams of our rockets, by the shells of our cannons, by the slugs of our Gauss tech, and by the blood and sweat of our soldiers let us be a true conglomerate made of the many to be a one singular force. Let us be the New Conglomerate!

(The forum was made 2 days ago and is still being made/worked on. This is another attempt to remake the NCC/NCHQ of Matherson/Waterson in order to form a conglomerate for Emerald NC and get past our Matherson/Waterson biases and be as one faction. It is restricted and needs mod approval to make a topic to limit spam and as way to control cross faction trickery. Any Emerald NC outfit leader or ranking officer is welcome to be a mod but no more than 1-2 per outfit. If you are an Emerald NC outfit leader or ranking officer, PM Loharpeo about becoming a mod with your outfits name and in-game name. There is also a recording of our first meeting (12-13) on there from my goolge drive so that any who wasn't there can have a copy if needed. It is 1 hour long and is 70-72mb in size. We also kindly ask that TR and VS outfits to please respect the forum at least till we figure everything out and have things setup to have parts locked to confirmed NC players only.)
    • Up x 8
  2. ColonelChingles

Given how this is the nth time that Emerald NC have tried to toss aside anarchy and form some sort of command structure, maybe it's worth asking why the previous attempts have all failed? Not for want of effort I suspect, but there's got to be some reason why the Emerald NC just can't get their act together.

Is it egos? Lack of leadership? Conflicting personalities? Language barriers? Time zone differences? Poor communication infrastructure?

There's got to be some reason why the NC kinda suck at cooperation.
    • Up x 5
  3. FieldMarshall

Thumbed up.
    Atleast you tried.
  4. AlterEgo

So this is what the NC have come to? God, man, your faction is STILL braver than the Terran. At least you guys don't redeploy all the time when you're about to lose a facility. You fight better than the TR, and I'd rather be stuck with you, dying in a hole than partner myself with those fascist dogs.
    • Up x 1
  5. Chewy102

Can't talk about Matherson's NCC as I never played on that server and was never in their commands. But the Waterson NCHQ was going strong till the merg. Then the drama started from a few places. Some people just didn't want to hear new ideas, some didn't just didn't know who was who, and there are the ***-holes that sprung up to troll a whole new server that didn't yet have them muted. Plus the whole merger smash being ****** up with the point counts being one way, then confirmed, then recounted to something else, and finally all that effort and fighting was for not with Emerald being made out of that drama.

It all added up and was to much for both sides to deal with when also having new game changes with new enemies to fight. So here we are after everything cooled down to start anew. I see no real reason Emerald NC can't make this happen. Matherson and Waterson did it. The only reason this can fail that I see when it was already done before is people just not wanting or going out of their way to make it not work.

Wisdomcube was in the meeting and there was ZERO drama for the entire hour!
  6. z1967

Yes. Yes. Yes. Nope. Nope. Yes.

At least that is my understanding of it lol.
  7. ColonelChingles

As a former Matthersonite, I have no clue how things were on Waterson. But on Mattherson we always had really weak central leadership, to the point where it was almost non-existent.

You had some outfits that wanted to play the alerts, and you had other outfits that wanted to play the good fights. Some went this way, some went that way. The outfits who wanted to play the alerts viewed those who wanted good fights as traitors who left when things got tough and who let the entire faction down. The outfits who wanted to play the good fights viewed those who wanted to win alerts as controlling tryhards who had no business or authority telling others how to play the game. And things got worse from there.

Only having been in command chat 2-3 times, I really don't have a whole lot of insight into the problems of NC leadership on Mattherson/Emerald. But as a footslogging grunt, I can say that most of the time when we're getting horribly creamed at a base, I'll ask SL to see if we're getting reinforcements anytime soon. Most of the time the answer is, "command is silent, we're the only ones here". Or sometimes we'll get word that some other outfit is coming to help us out, only to have them never show up to relieve us without a word of explanation. In only a few cases (maybe 5-10%) will those reinforcements actually arrive in an organized and useful fashion. That's hardly evidence of a solid command structure.

Given all the failed attempts at leadership in the past, I'm really tempted to start assuming that there's just something special about the NC player base. Maybe we're on average younger and thus less experienced. Maybe we're all hopped up on individualistic "freedom", which just naturally tends to be the opposite of following orders. Maybe we lost all our good players to the other factions when they realized that the NC just couldn't get its game together.
  8. EViLMinD

Try this

1. Create a veterans only league (BR 60+ at least). Don't need to create an all new outfit. Just a hub for the more experienced/seasoned players to meet up (that forum could do). Leaders of various NC outfits, especially.
    2. Form ingame platoons with these people.
    3. Develop strategies and tactics together. Practice air only teams. Coordinate. Practice armor movements... infantry... etc. Learn how to do something correctly as a team (a break from the usual for NC) .
    4. Let the team members take their experiences back to the outfits. Hopefully, once they've had a chance to work with players that aren't mostly useless dingbats, they'll be better able to help pugs/nubs get with the program.
    • Up x 1
  9. TheShrapnelKing

This will amount to nothing. I'm calling it.

It never does, and it never will.
    • Up x 1
  10. Chewy102

A point to having a central place for NC commanders and grunts (the reddit will open up with looser rules sooner or later once we get things settled) is that everyone can have time to get to know each other. When you have an alert, there is NO time for small talk and what needs done needs done ASAP. That can rub people the wrong way in a lot of places. That goes for both sides and for non alert times. People tend to don't like to cooperate with those they don't know for fun or alerts.

One reason Waterson NCHQ worked, admittedly a number of months AFTER the first attempt when the game was new(ish), was that we took the time to sit down with each other outside of the game to talk things out. In both a text forums and in a TS3 meeting once a month. This gave everyone time to know each other and we wasn't "just some guy that spent 100 certs" to each other anymore. A common place also let like minded outfits find each other without cluttering in game coms so that they could do joint ops, bull-**** squads, or what else they wanted.

It took time, but Waterson command took shape and the NC got OP from teamwork and then got pop numbers from that. We cleaned up command chat by setting up a guild line and those that made a fuss from trolling or was new we would try to work with them to teach them. And if someone really got bad, we had an unofficial mute list that most of the NCHQ didn't want to have or use.

NCHQ did all of that already with also working with the Coalition of Bad-***-es. All but the BR crap. There is no reason to stop someone from being part of a team if they happen to be lower BR rank. If you are NC, you was part of NCHQ and could take part in the NC area of the forums but only outfit leaders or ranking members could use the command center part of the forums. Non NC confirmed players was locked to the general area and couldn't read the officer or NC only forums. And each outfit had the same vote independent of size. Big and small outfits had their own roles they liked to play, but they had the same vote as each other on an outfit level in how NCHQ was ran.

I hope we can have something like that again with this NCC. It seemed to work.
    • Up x 2
  11. bladedcross

You're right, it probably won't do anything to affect solo players such as yourself and your "One Man Outfit".

For those from TIW, BAX, RCN6, TAS, and DVS, this post merely serves as an open invitation to other Outfits to join us in the collaboration that has already been taking place consistently for the past month. The goal here isn't to organize strategy and tactics - it's to build positive relationships between Outfit leaders and their members.

So by all means, feel free to sit this out. I've never seen you do anything but whine about anything Planetside or community related, and yet you ignore every offer anyone has ever extended to help you out of your slump. That is the sort of attitude that the NC is better off without.
    • Up x 4
  12. TheShrapnelKing

I'll be "out of my slump" when the NC is the new VS. Which won't happen.

Call me a hypocrite, but it shouldn't matter that little ol' me isn't doing anything to help (because admittedly I'm not and I don't care to) - other factions get along just fine. Our faction lacks the same kind of mentality and people, at least in the same proportions, as the other factions. That's why we don't organize, that's why we bicker, that's why we lose.
  13. EViLMinD

This is why so many NC outfits fail.

It's not wrong to weed out the weaker/stupider/less experienced players so vets can get things done. Nubs just get in the way. They don't listen, and they don't understand most directions.

I gave up leading over a year ago because I had enough of it. Pain in the *** it was. Like herding cats. No fun.

If all you care about is making friends then continue your open-door policy. Everyone will pat each other on the back, jokes will be told, bases will be lost and offensive campaigns will be crushed. But, you'll be considered nice people. :p

However, if you wanna get better... you must cherry pick your teammates. Act like it's a gym class dodgeball team selection. Choose those who have focus. Those who know how to win. Those who can be strong. Mean.

Trust EViL
  14. Chewy102

You first need a pool of players to cheery pick from. Also not all low BR players will be new to the game or be bad players. Weaker, yes to a point from the lack of certs but time spent grinding levels does not equal to player skill. We don't get +1 to all stats with a new BR like all other MMOs. Just one good farm is enough to cert out a weapon of your choice and to get a nice start in your class of choice.

Maybe they made an alt and came from another server. Maybe they are new and need someone to explain things outside of the chaos of battle. Maybe they just need to find an outfit that fits them without spending hours in game playing squad hop and going to all kinds of 3rd part voice chat servers in hopes of finding one they like. Maybe an newer or smaller outfit wants to find other outfits to make joint ops with that wont ask them to merge. Maybe it's a player new to PS2 but a god in ARMA/COD/BF/CS/FPS#7892 wanting to try another game. Maybe, it can be many maybes as to why locking out players is a VERY bad idea. Newb and Noob are NOT the same thing.

We aren't making an elitist group for only top players and outfits. Outfits and players will do that themselves. We are trying to make a better faction! You can't do that if you lock out 70% of the playerbase. It's fine if you don't want low levels around you as you need skilled players for the stunts I know that you love to do, but that thinking just makes for **** teamwork in the big picture and kills us as a faction.

You played how long with DVS using a **** PC to become one of the highest scoring players on Waterson? Even you had to start from somewhere.
  15. supernauttt

there is actually nothing wrong with us NC. the fact that anyone thinks the NC is any less organized or have inferior leadership is plain stupid. all factions have trolls and noobs and elite players. The problem is the fact that everyone has been moving to the VS and its getting worse and worse. highlevel players want to play with high level players and I know for a fact this is snowballing into a mess right now. the density of br 90+ in any fight with the VS at any time is atleast double the TR or NC. im not making this up you can check stats anywhere or just go look for yourself.
  16. Shatteredstar

I wish you support in your endeavors and will happily put my NC in any outfit who is truly trying to help you if I can!
  17. Chewy102

To almost a certainty. NC has been the worst faction in PS2 since launch for a number of reasons. Flinch, TR or VS getting a WTF levels of OP weapon/ability/vehicle, forced shotguns on EVERYTHING, the biggest hitboxes in some areas, unfriendly weapons for new players, needing to have more certs into our MAX/MBT, not much in ES ways to farm groups of infantry, having more focused gear instead of general use, and more.

Granted TR and VS have had hard times but nothing like what NC has had to put up with. We get stuck on the SE warpgate on Indar for like 3-5 MONTHS after launch for one example. That wasn't cool SOE by the way! The best thing NC had in OP terms was HackMAX that still couldn't be more than a doorman and the few days the Phoenix could one shot infantry before getting its AI damage dropped. It all adds up to why NC is like it is.

There isn't a main reason why NC tend to loose alerts not just one one server but world wide last I looked into it. It isn't that we have more bad players, it isn't we have no leaders anymore (though we have lost many), it isn't just what I typed above. What put the NC in the place it is now is every little thing adding up and after 2 years it adds up.

If we gotta reform the NCC again to counter those downside, then that is what we will do! Most of us did it before after all.
  18. Regpuppy

Here's hoping stuff can get done again. Waterson NC were able to pull together before back when TR were a big problem and NC pop suffered. Hopefully we can manage it again with the new Matherson brethren.
    • Up x 1
  19. Shatteredstar

Weapon wise though NC is in a pretty good place right now, they have weapons that are very solid for every situation although some need practice to be super deadly with (I like to think I'm getting better with gauss saw) but anchor and things like gd 7 and 22 I think are both very respectable weapons and I feel like the Phoenix could be way more deadly with coordinated use (kinda like how lancer groups are dangerous as hell, I figure a 5 or 6 man team of Phoenix could really turn the tide of some battles if they all tried to sunderer hunt for example)

I really think it will take a concerted effort to teach teamwork and good play with the players who want to learn would go a long way and I don't doubt if there are groups like TAS who want to make things better talk to people like the planet side battles guys maybe see about working out scrims or practice sessions between outfits as a more controlled training with experienced VS or TR outfits too and bring lower skilled players you recruit along for the ride.

I dunno how you'd work all that out but I know a fair number of people would love to see the community work together to make for greater battles and good play all round.
  20. NoctD

The NC on Waterson before the server merge managed to get their act together pretty well, so be sure to try to find the guys responsible for that and include them in this effort.