[Suggestion] To: The Developers [Max unit Vehicle Repair+Ammuniton Dispenser]

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Destroyer0370, May 11, 2015.

1. Destroyer0370

Can you make it that the max can construct repair station(if equipped with the construction set) or ammunition dispenser(if equipped)?

the radius with be about 5 meters, very short, and the repair /dispenser systems can get destroyed by enemy of course, fairly easily. A good number of times we have sunder or other vehicle deployed in battle and cannot get ammuniton to them with a refill sunder so... a max could help out in this situation to build something like that.
  2. 00000000000000000000

Nevermind I was being sassy and failed at reading comprehension.
    • Up x 2
  3. LodeTria

I was thinking of something like Dual Repair Gun arms or 1 repair gun and 1 ammo backpack.
  4. Lucidius134

The ammunition pack....................utility (?) could just be buffed to be portable + bad engineer ammo boxes. Lord knows how many people use that utility.

As for rep, some one suggested repair arms before.

Welcome to add these to the Community Max Suggestions Page
  5. Devrailis

MAXs were originally industrial machines. I'd love for the MAX suit to have additional utility, like constructing certain structures/obstructions or having a function related to resource harvesting. It would give them an important role that goes beyond "STOMPY STOMP BIG MAN FARM NAO".
    • Up x 6
  6. NCPredatorus

Good idea indeed.

For exemple : The MAX could construct protection zones for soldiers stranded on a space uncovered.

This game is real potential ... but I think we're dreaming.

It's just a BIG Call Of Duty. :(

At times I think a game like TREMULOUS was, at this level, much more evolved.
  7. Liewec123

the idea of a support max is brilliant :)
    tank taking hits! *jump in front with aegis shield to block some shots, then repair the tank* XD
  8. Vorpal_Spork

No. You don't get support stuff when you're the ultimate killing machine already. Not to mention it would step on the toes of engineers. And self-repairing MAXes would be super OP.
  9. Akashar

Duuuh maxes are already self repairing, and these abilities would come at the cost of killing potential.
  10. XanIves

By that same logic, heavies are OP vs other classes in sheer killing potential, therefore infiltrators are also OP, because they're the same species as heavies. OP is suggesting an optional tradeoff of killing potential for a more support role in the form of resupply or repair. AKA having a support MAX or a combat MAX is the same difference 'tween a Heavy, Medic or Engineer

And medics having access to self-heal or a bubble that regens their shields is op? Or an engineer resupplying himself with ammo? Self-heal on a Heavy would be op, which is why playing the medic means you have lowered killing potential for balance reasons
  11. Vorpal_Spork

Then what's the point of those classes?

That's not even close to the same thing and you know it. A medic, engineer or heavy doesn't have 80% damage resist, cost 450 resources or dual wield weapons. A medic has negligible anti-vehicle and anti-max capabilities. An engineer and heavy can only heal themselves a very limited number of times and cost resources to do so. Neither a medic or heavy can resupply their own ammo. Neither an engineer or heavy can resurrect people.

Each of those classes needs the others and none of them are way more powerful than other infantry. What you're proposing is to take by far the strongest infantry unit in the game, and enable it to replace two other classes while still being a super strong juggernaut. Further, because it'll die less the resource cost is effectively buffed too. Why don't you just ask for a nuclear grenade that kills the whole hex while you're at it?

No they aren't. And you already have the ability to gain support abilities at the cost of killing potential. It's called switching to engineer or medic. It's not like you're locked into one class in this game.
  12. FateJH

*equips Nanite Auto Repair System*
    • Up x 2
  13. MetalCotton

Quit exaggerating. I'd honestly think people would be all for the 'strongest infantry unit' in the game trading its killing potential for support potential by becoming an armored support machine and ammo dispenser.
    • Up x 1
  14. Vorpal_Spork

Yeah and that repairs at like 2% an hour and stops working if the MAX takes damage. You know it's not even close to equivalent to a real repair.

Unless they play an engineer or medic, in which case their class has been made completely pointless.
  15. Morti

I agree
    Like the XCOM mech, perhaps. They could be equipped with aoe heals and stuns, nade launcher, flame thrower. Implementing such things into Planetside 2 without breaking the game would be tedious, I suspect.

They also reduced dmg taken for nearby allies by 33% iirc. Something that could be welcomed in our current regular gameplay of "just keep throwing grenades at them"
    • Up x 1
  16. ColonelChingles

A "civilian" version of a MAX might be fun:

[IMG]

Has access to:
    -Beefed up repair tool that can repair other vehicles and MAXes from much longer range and at a higher rate. Also does slight damage to enemy vehicles and MAXes (but almost negligible).
    -Beefed up revive tool that can revive and heal other infantry from much longer range (MAXes still require revives from a very close range). Also does slight damage to enemy infantry (but almost negligible).
    -Beefed up rearming tool that can rearm other vehicles or infantry by shooting them. Can also deplete enemy munitions by shooting them. Low RoF.
    -Improved Charge and speed. Due to not having to have weapons it goes faster.
    -Can punch you. Yes, that still hurts and is about as dangerous as this MAX gets.
    • Up x 1
  17. MetalCotton

Engies can have their class negated by a Sunderer, which costs even LESS than a MAX.

Do you honestly think entire classes will be negated entirely because a 450 resource MAX decided to be the tanky support? Think about it for a second, then tell me you're not arguing for the sake of it.
    • Up x 2
  18. FateJH

Only if you use it the reckless way and have it equipped at all hours. Granted, some people play that way and I offer them no insult; but, the repair armor is the thing you hop into the spawn room, equip, loiter a short while, then replace with Flak or Kinetic and pop back out. Coordination? Engineers? just give me a minute.

Also, it repairs 1.5%/s at its highest level. A functional minute (67s) repairs from absolute near death.
  19. Turkeys!

Perhaps an engineer-geared MAX that can construct larger defenses or those PS1 tank trap things someone showed a picture of in another thread. That'd be cool - I'd love to be a support MAX.
    • Up x 1
  20. Vorpal_Spork

Plus the 3 minutes it took you to go fetch it. Not to mention that even if you equip it all the time 67 seconds might as well be 67 years on a battlefield. In 67 seconds we'll have all 3 points capped, mines on the doors, turrets set up, the generator overloaded and all the vehicle terminals and turrets hacked. It's not a viable primary means of healing.

If your MAX gets engineer level repairs I demand 80% damage resist and dual wielding for my engineer so I don't need you either.