To NC on Cobalt,respectfully.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MuggieWara, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Vixxing

I think it would be fun if they rotated weapons for a weekend TR>VS VS>NC NC>TR would be hard with certs etc... But they could get the faction equivalent weapons and upgrades so if i have full magburn i get full IWIN shield etc... they could flip weaps on friday and saturday and back to original on sunday just for kicks :p
  2. MasterOhh

Alerts are allways 1 vs 1 with a single piece of a equipment being used and thats why this is an awesome analogy, you know ... because of nanites!
    But yeah, the secret ingame event that makes all vanu weapons OP, 20 minutes before the end of an alert on Cobalt is pretty hard to overcome. And on those evenings were the VS gets beaten by the TR or NC that event probably failed to trigger. We all know how buggy this game is.....
  3. Nitrobudyn

I remember times before fusion with Ceres - NC had good randoms back then. I never had to ask for ammo twice and rarely had to use proxy chat to ask for revive. The fusion brought not only Ceres players, but also newbies, who won't rez You even though they stand on Your face :| Before the fusion NC had problem with Trident - they were a zergfit back then, a well organised zergfit. First thing their newbies were tought is to redeploy on command. It was an enormous force comparable to a flood - remember those were also the times of pre-nerfed ZOE. To counter them NC outfits formed New Conglomerate Cobalt Aliance. We had ops evert sunday evening and sometimes on work days. I still remember the celebrations after winning alerts in prime-time, when my frame rate went down to single digit, thanks to all the flares. But those times are over.
    Right now NC has (slight) overpop and they became lazy. People talk crap on command channel to a degree when most just mute it completly. NCCA also fell apart - it is official since around two weeks. Now we are divided, we choose our fights separately and i'm afraid it won't change untill Attlas proposition comes to live server. That is priority speaker in command channel for completing leadership directive.
  4. Towie

Thanks for the info - interesting to hear from a longer term NC. Trident are huge now, as are The Foundation, both well organsised and play to win as a team (especially alerts). These days, all I usually get from my NC or TR squad is music in proxy-chat - very frustrating.
  5. HydeAut

NC was warpgated in an alert I was on at prime 1 week ago - that didn´t happen within the last 20 minutes, so please show me where you take that 20 minutes from?

And your argument about VS not beeing OP because they only won around 70% of Cobalt-alerts recently and not 100% - SERIOUSLY?

What clearly failed to trigger in that argument is logic . . .

(And I don´t even think, VS are overall OP, it´s just some important tools which are - more or less - a little better or atleast more annoying)
  6. MasterOhh

You say it: RECENTLY. A few weeks back the picture was a different one on Cobalt. All 3 faction were winning a pretty equal amount of alerts. The NC actualy won a goodnumber of prime time alerts. The sudden spike of VS wins correlates perfectly with the end of the NC Cobalt Alliance that Nitrobudyn had mentioned.

So stop blaming the gear of your faction or the gear of the VS for the results in the last 2 weeks.
    You can blame outfits like TRID or TFDN or all the smaller VS outfits, who formed alliances on their own, to utilize all the mechanics, the games offers, with the goal to win alerts (mass gal drops, quick redeploys etc). And you can blame your faction for not utilizing these same mechanics, as effective as they used to do, anymore.
  7. gigastar

And right here we have a /thread.

When an alert is on, i see the swarms im going to have to wade through and i decide id rather play to win, so i order Gal drops rather than fire up my Lightning for a few minutes of farming.

...that was ever such a long time ago though. Wish they would finish the resource revamp so i can make good on my promise.
  8. MuggieWara

As long as the "Vanu OP " mentality reigns among TR and NC players and especially if it has infested the minds of outfit leaders,nothing can be done to revert the 70% alert win rate of the Vanu.

Im not,not even by a longshot,the most experienced PS2 player but i am damn certain that they are NOT OP.At least not to any significant level.Its just that NC and imo to a lesser extent TR are avoiding them.Past experiences?Former PPA?Anti orion paranoia?

I DONT F***** CARE!We have to get our s*** together and crush them.Im not suggesting NC-TR cooperation.Thats not fun and not doable.Im suggesting a new mentality,a new approach which dictates dealing with them exactly as we deal with eachother.

And as a personal sidenote,when im done with my obligational military service in August,im open for any invite from any competent TR outfit to lead platoons,especially public ones,against Vanu and Vanu only.
  9. Towie

So I spent a good few hours playing Cobalt NC last night. I even joined a squad called 'Yes its a squad' or something like that, obviously taking the **** !

Findings:
    1. Squad leader didn't talk - ever
    2. Squad leader didn't use spawn beacon - ever
    3. Hardly anyone spoke. Someone joined (Sandra something - BR100) and asked what we're up to - twice - no response
    4. When up against VS, I died a lot as infantry, to very high level players (surprised how many BR100s there are)
    5. A squad Gal was created as a spawn point so I instantly hopped in (must be TRID training) - only one other person joined, then jumped out. We went for a fly around anyway and killed a Valkyrie, but hardly a high point
    6. Trying to tempt someone into my Halberd Vanguard was torture - did manage to get one eventually, and had a good killing spree

However we still made good progress even running around like headless chickens. We had the pop advantage and took a few bases, defended others - we were making progress. Surprising really.

For me the squad element is the most fun though - and the thing I missed the most...
  10. Rsquattro

Because we are not the terran republic pigs !
  11. Vikingo

I havent played much lately, but wow the NCCA is no more? I guess I should log on to the thenc site and check it out.

Makes sense that NC is the farmed faction that doesnt win alerts again, like the "good" old days.
  12. Vixxing

I main VS (br 100 Vixxing) on Cobalt and have almost laid the game on ice but... ill start playing my NC 28 toon and try to help NC out a bit im an experienced sniper and a decent libpilot/tanker so if any NC outfit is intrested contact Vixxina (NC alt) sorry to say my mic-outlet is fried on my new motherboard but i dont really need voicecomms anyway... :p
  13. Clay

please uninstall. thanks
    (I play all 3 factions)

I found Cobalt NC not very enjoyable at times, because everything that works on VS side seem to not work on NC side. I am not really sure why. If its only the Platoon Leaders, we could find a solution maybe.