To my fellow NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Aegie, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Aegie

Either things will change or they will not.

Posting on the forums just does not seem constructive no matter how you approach these issues so I would suggest trying to send your input, constructive of course, directly to the developers if you can.

Perhaps there is something in the data we are missing and all we can hope is that, if that is the case, that the developers will realize they need to let us know what this is and why they have remained silent and why there will not be any changes.

If, like me, you find it really frustrating sometimes to play NC then just play a different faction for a little while or put the game down. This is also a form of expressing your opinion about the state of the game.

Finally, remember the door swings both ways and in the event that things do ever change we need refrain from the typical "delicious tears" type responses that are so common.
    • Up x 1
  2. IamDH

I do believe that TR will be nerfed after the WDS. I think the best way to get to them would be via reddit or twitter

I hear that they go there a lot
  3. Aegie

I really, honestly, hope they do not nerf TR- I would much rather them take a scalpel to the data and seek out those specific items, regardless of faction, that appear to be under performing and tweak them in specific ways to bring them up to the other options.

For instance, nerfing the TR is not addressing the Inquisitor, a semi-auto pistol that seems to have a potential ROF beyond what is practically achievable.

The game needs to be fun for every faction with every weapon all the time- not this carousel of madness.
    • Up x 3
  4. toxs

NC R BEST. OTHER FACTIONS SLUCK IT!
    • Up x 1
  5. shd

That's a really bold statement.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ned

As someone who plays all 3 factions, no faction is OP or UP, its all pure whining and population imbalance.

The Enforcer modified could use a change, but apart from that I think the NC are fine.
  7. Aegie

Amazing, your evidence has completed explained away all the other evidence.
    • Up x 2
  8. Ned

There will never be any evidence because of the diversity of each faction, you could cite specific examples as being OP or UP, for example ZOE, but there would be other faction traits to counteract this, simply put the game and weapons are too big for any one faction to be OP or UP.

If you think otherwise you are kidding yourselves
  9. Aegie

So, by this logic nothing has ever been or could ever be OP or UP.

If you believe this then you are beyond a meaningful discussion.
    • Up x 4
  10. Aegie

So if this is your logic, then why do I see these:
    Isn't the game just too big? Wouldn't you think that even if these things were true that there would be other faction traits to counteract them? If you did believe that then why would you bother making these posts?
  11. Aegie

Wow, just wow- what exactly in my OP is so contentious?
  12. Ned

You seem to have completely misunderstood my point.

Certian examples will be UP or OP, I am not denying that, what I am trying to say is that said examples do not make a faction OP or UP, as many people have previously stated.

When the majority of the weapons on the factions are fine, specific examples are not enough to make a faction UP or OP, the factions them selves are not OP or UP, it is only a few weapons on all sides that are imbalanced, however many people use this as justification to claim that their faction is "Hard mode" or another is "OP"

As previously said however, you completely misunderstood the point I was making.
  13. Aegie

I disagree somewhat- I think if you look at overall stats then it bears out that having several over performing items does make a faction as a whole more difficult to compete against. Look at the Magrider at release. VS dominated the UES and pretty much all that was needed to bring them in line at the time was a change to one item.

Think of the striker when it was at the peak of bug performance- that was one OP weapon (admittedly in large part due to bugs) that gave the entire faction a really big advantage because it was a de facto boost to all TR vehicles.

Moreover, although the issues may be with specific items- if one faction has many more of these under performing items then I do think the aggregate effect would make that faction, as a whole, more difficult to play. I also think the data shows this very clearly.

Currently, NC really do not have the kind of AV capabilities/flexibility available to other factions and since vehicles can play a big role in the game it affects not just one weapon but the entire gameplay. NC also does not have the flexibility of other faction MAXs and that shows itself in a myriad of ways. NC also has the most under performing items. All this sums together because for the most part these issues fall most heavily on the shoulders of one faction.

I agree that were it the case that, say, NC had overall underwhelming infantry weapons but clearly excelled in MAXs and or Vehicles that things might play out the way you describe- that, however, is simply not the case.
    • Up x 2
  14. CDN_Wolvie

I know I went with option of putting the game down due to my chronic pain, so I have to avoid frustration aka stress if I want to avoid having painful physical flare ups.

I remember the fun times with team play, even when we might have suffered a loss, because it was to other teamplay oriented Outfits in the other factions. Do you guys remember when we played Sundy football and then had Death Race across Amerish? That was a blast. :)

I remember when I first started playing in the beta, I was having a rough go of it but then someone with a mic and a laugh on their lips let me gun their Liberator for them while they flew like a soaring eagle. We didn't trap spawn rooms as was popular then, we would instead swoop down across the cliff faces and blast tanks spamming our friendly spawn rooms, I took that to heart and while I stopped playing with that Outfit for out of game reasons it helped me find fun as a Liberator pilot which in turn introduced me to finding other people who wanted to teamwork that thing by communicating as I flew and they gunned. Even then, I knew NC had something just ... off with their infantry weapons, long before the stats public knowledge, it was plain to me as a noob that NC were the underdogs mechanically.

And we have had a lot of changes since then and I ran with some really fantastic Outfits where we faced 2:1, 3:1 odds even before the bases were improved to have better cover from spawn room spam and came away having had fun regardless. But one thing never changed, the underlying deliberate design of the NC weapons were made with good intentions but in a world of different PCs running the client software at different frames per second and differing pings to the servers where that has pretty significant impacts on the hit detection, well, the deliberate design just doesn't hold up under those conditions - and that's before we even get into effective ranges, time to kill, chances to hit factors!

One year of that hoping that somehow the Devs would realize their mistakes with the NC and change it to make it make sense for a multiplayer FPS because I so want PS2 to be a thing ... and it was my fellow players that helped bolster my patience, regardless of faction. I hope I see my fellow gamers around other games on Steam.
    • Up x 1
  15. Ned

I would argue that since the vanguard is the best AV Tank at the moment the NC has pretty fine AV capability, not to mention that Engineer AV turrets and normal rocket launchers, and the under utilized Ravens, NC has fine AV capability.

And although the NC MAX is not as versatile as TR, lets not forget that the NC MAX is ahead of the TR in anti infantry capability, and the fact that your shotguns are so good in close quarters means that if they mad any more range it would be severely imbalanced, perhaps slugs could use a change or a new weapon brought in, but the NC MAX trades versatility for utter close quaters dominance.

The NC weapons are not particularly under-performing, not to an extent where something inherently wrong with them would be apparent.

I would disagree that the NC is in a bad of a shape as you claim it is, the main cripes to do with NC stem mainly from population balance, a few months ago NC was dominating on many servers and was performing fine, now TR is in the lead, but rest assured the most population dominant faction will likely switch again, untill things become more equal.
  16. MurderBunneh

Yep pretty much.
  17. MurderBunneh

Nope wrong NC had highest pop and still was the lowest scoring faction. The only thing the NC has ever had the 1st place scoring was prenerf MAX.

EDIT: in before you say that scoring doesn't matter. Certs are useless right?
    • Up x 2
  18. Lagavulin

I also play all 3 factions, and I find playing TR and VS to be a little less frustrating to play overall. I don't think there are too many imbalances as such, but there are some issues that need tweaks, such as maxes, harrasser guns, esrl, and the apparent dominance of fast ROF weapons in cqc (shotguns apart of course).
  19. Czuuk

Word on the street at SOE Live was that NC needed a buff. Still hoping that's true. The data seems to support it. Hopefully something will turn up on the roadmap soon.
    • Up x 2
  20. Aegie

Well, you can argue these things all you want but it will not make them any more correct.

"Utter close quarters dominance" you say- well you may want to take another look at some of the figures- do you realize a dual Comet ZOE can LMB+RMB for an instagib at ranges the NC MAX cannot even deal reliable damage? They do not have to extend instagib range for the NC MAX, they just need more options. Honestly, here you are basically trading fractions of seconds difference <10m for infinite difference much beyond 30m- if you find that to be balance then that is your opinion and we should probably agree to disagree.

Yes, the NC arsenal is under performing- this is not an opinion but a fact.

Yup, NC was overpopulated some months back and guess what- they were still under performing. Another fact.

No offense, but I did not start this thread to get more TR opinion on how everything is fine- anyone who holds this belief in the face of so much contrary evidence is really not worth having a discussion. I did not start this thread to continue the already dead and tired list of reasons why the devs need to take a serious look at balance.

I started this thread to remind NC that there are other ways to express ourselves and that, should things ever change, we need to make sure that we do not repeat the "delicious tears" nonsense mentality that is all over these forums.
    • Up x 2