To Mattherson NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by aRottenKomquat, Jan 24, 2014.

1. aRottenKomquat

You guys really should consider fighting sometime, instead of ghost-capping and zerging dumb areas. I was exploring towers during off-peak hours and I started at a tower one hex away from the TR's Amerish warpgate, and I was the only TR in the hex. Suddenly an NC zerg showed up. 48+ vs me and me alone. Great application of force guys. I applaud you.

So I switched over to Indar Bay Point, again one hex away from our warpgate and several hexes away from any battle. Practically no TR there. Suddenly an NC tank zerg shows up. You guys deserve a standing ovation and a Medal of Honor for this. You zerged a base that you literally could not capture without capturing two or three other hexes first!

Is NC command chat even worse than TR's? Do you guys really organize your platoons to go kill single infantry on unpopulated continents, and zerg bases where you're literally accomplishing nothing?

:eek:
    • Up x 1
  2. DevDevBooday

The NC work in mysterious ways.

We may never understand their methods as we are bound by logic, reason and efficiency. The NC are free of such rules.
    • Up x 5
  3. Flapatax

There are a number of terrible outfits on Mattherson that use Amerish as an awful ghost-capping cert farm. This isn't unique to NC.
    • Up x 7
  4. DQCraze

True Dat ; p I do it on purpose to yank entire platoons around the map...chasing rainbows.
  5. Jalek

I've tried playing in the wee hours. The TK'ing is more of a threat than enemy fire, especially in vehicles or turrets.
    • Up x 1
  6. sodopro

We do our best to keep the pubs in line, but alas.

Mattherson NC isn't THAT bad, command chat can work and we do occasionally win alerts.
  7. Lethal_Sting

I did find it disappointingly amusing when NC rolled in with a zepher lib which hovered over the spawn room while a max, a medic, an LA, and pair of heavies capped a TR point which was 1-12 pop.
  8. nooblet91698

NC have tactics for ghostcapping. When they ghostcap Amerish during a non Amerish alert, they can pull cheaper libs and reavers to win air superiority on whatever continent the alert is on. When they ghostcap Esamir, they can pull cheaper vanguards to win ground superiority on whatever continent the alert is on.
  9. Flapatax

That's not why these zergfits do that.
    • Up x 2
  10. BraSS

Looking at the TR pop during off hours you were probably the only TR guy online so they had to travel way past the "regional" front line to find you.
  11. DistantPower

Well depending on the point of view, it can be argued that's less ghostcapping and more obtaining a tactical advantage over your opposition. I mean a 10% discount on Vehicle and Aerospace may not seem much but if you believe it might aid you in an alert, then no holds barred.
  12. Epic High Five

Good lord TR, weren't you posting just yesterday that the NC only fights the TR? Now you're complaining that we DON'T fight the TR? At 11 in the morning, when NC pop is lowest and it's just a bunch of weirdos online?

We win a lot of alerts when we have the TR and VS warpgated on Amerish, because it means we've got the whole cont worth of whatever a global alert would be in addition to the ones we hold on Indar/Esamir. Also, it means the TR/VS have a huge, time wasting slog to any facility they want to take.

Also it means we get sick resources on Amerish so NC has an easier time defending it.

And 10% off infantry is far better, NC should know this especially well considering we've held the Indar cont lock for over a week ;)
    • Up x 1
  13. Hicksimus

My previous statement was in error, apparently Waterson also has this issue.
    On Waterson it's due to a leader in a particularly large outfit being unable to enjoy PS2 unless he feels that he is winning the metagame => he bores the hell out of huge numbers of players by throwing them at the unpopular continents to ghost zerg them.
  14. aRottenKomquat

Depends on whether there's an alert or not. If there's no alert, NC is ghostcapping Amerish and zerging unconnected territories. If there's an alert, then they're avoiding VS and bumrushing the TR.
  15. Epic High Five

The problem here is that this misguided belief was struck down quite thoroughly yesterday. Are you ignoring the near-constant rolling battle between Indar Ex and Hvar Northgate that the TR/NC have been engaged in since PU02? I was on at 5am the other day and there was STILL multiple squads there for each faction
  16. Serevn

I remember the days when The Enclave would instigate massive fights, and other outfits would forgo ghost capping for a time and go at them for a bit, merely cause they hated them. Good times.