TKing for "not playing the game right"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Killy80, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Tradewind

That's one of the most poorly shoehorned "omg my resources!" complaint, wrapped up in a "well I fire out the spawn cuz idk what to do with myself now?!" package ever.

Points for trying I guess.
  2. Anti-Skub

And this is what annoys players who understand what's going on. If you are completely over run, you are slowing down absolutely nothing by staying in the spawn room. If the points have already been flipped the ONLY thing that will slow down the capture is you standing next to one of the letters. Killing people from the spawn room makes them respawn 10 feet away at their Sunderer. If you are overrun and all you're trying to do is slow them down then standing in the spawn room is the exact opposite of what you should be doing, you should be charging at the objective.

If you don't have the numbers you need to defend against a zerg then don't defend against it, repeatedly falling back in front of it is doing bugger all. Either attack something or defend somewhere else that you have a chance of slowing them down.

All of this is assuming you're actually trying like you say you are, most of the time people start spawn room camping the second they see there are people near the spawn room. It's not a question of them not being able to get out, there are a huge number of people who, instead of defending a base will just wait in the spawn room until the attackers capture the points and then move towards the spawn room wondering where all the defenders are.

And I'm sorry but you absolutely are part of a team whether you like it or not. If you personally logged out then yes your faction would have one less player, but if everyone who spawn camped on your faction just stopped playing that server would get put on the recommended server list and new players would come in. By logging in and not playing towards the factions goals you are taking up a place on the server that would be filled by someone else if you weren't there. Now again, I keep repeating myself but I feel the need to point it out everytime, I am absolutely NOT saying that you HAVE to play as part of your faction, but if you choose not to you are unquestionably hurting that factions chance of victory by being there. Maybe not in the short term, but in the long term.

So yeah, spawn camp and say you don't care that it ruins other peoples fun, or don't and play with your empire to win the more meta goals...but don't spawn camp and claim it doesn't affect anyone else, because it just isn't true.
    • Up x 1
  3. smokemaker

"If you are completely over run, you are slowing down absolutely nothing by staying in the spawn room."
    Not there to slow them down but to get easy risk free kills.
    "If the points have already been flipped the ONLY thing that will slow down the capture is you standing next to one of the letters."
    Not there to get the point back but to get easy risk free kills.
    "Killing people from the spawn room makes them respawn 10 feet away at their Sunderer."
    Good more targets quicker.
    " you should be charging at the objective."
    But i value my K/D.
    "If you don't have the numbers you need to defend against a zerg then don't defend against it,"
    I am not, i am feeding off the enemy zerg.
    "Either attack something or defend somewhere else that you have a chance of slowing them down."
    Its not about attacking or defending, but killing.
    "All of this is assuming you're actually trying like you say you are, most of the time people start spawn room camping the second they see there are people near the spawn room. It's not a question of them not being able to get out, there are a huge number of people who, instead of defending a base will just wait in the spawn room until the attackers capture the points and then move towards the spawn room wondering where all the defenders are."
    Good certs at zero risk of death. Smart play in my book.
    "And I'm sorry but you absolutely are part of a team whether you like it or not."
    This is what squads are for. I may where your colors but i am not on your team.
    " By logging in and not playing towards the factions goals you are taking up a place on the server that would be filled by someone else if you weren't there. Now again, I keep repeating myself but I feel the need to point it out everytime, I am absolutely NOT saying that you HAVE to play as part of your faction, but if you choose not to you are unquestionably hurting that factions chance of victory by being there. Maybe not in the short term, but in the long term.

So yeah, spawn camp and say you don't care that it ruins other peoples fun, or don't and play with your empire to win the more meta goals...but don't spawn camp and claim it doesn't affect anyone else, because it just isn't true."
    LOL now you reaching for the moon.... nice try. And who cares other then you. I do not. OMG I might be occupying a slot that someone might be in and then they might be useful to anti-skub...:eek:

Dude, face the facts. You are in a game. Where up to 2000 random internet people play. If you want good team play, join an outfit, join a SQUAD..... but to expect team play from random people on the net is crazy. Ever try herding cats? You might have better luck.:rolleyes:
  4. Mxiter

Perfect example of the awsome L337 skilled player that everybody dreams to become. :rolleyes:

Why would I wasting my time on riskless cheezy kills and certs farming, when I could be doing something more dangerous... like rearranging my sock drawers?
  5. Phazaar

Lol at trying to undermine the ironic end of my post...

But I'll bite, just for insomnia's sake...

Your way of play wastes one player on my team's existence, and fosters others to also be useless certfarming spawncamping (redefined for the actual problem: people who camp IN their spawn) wastes of player space.

During a pop-cap this is worst, but it's irritating all the same during other times, as it makes the strategic info we get less valuable/accurate, and often guarantees the failings of an advance etc.

With this in mind, yes, you're welcome to play the game as you want, but if your play style is ruining my game experience (see: winning), enjoy the C4+crouchstand combo that's coming your way. You're more than welcome to voice your objection with a counter-TK because my play style is ruining your game experience, but guess what? To do that, you'll have to find me... And one last guess... Where will I be? I'll be outside the damned spawn room (I'm the one with the gun shooting at the purple people even when there's valid red people to shoot at... Emo barnies must die).
  6. smokemaker

if thats what you find fun, go do it.
  7. smokemaker

lol

This is the attitude that makes playing fun.
    And some targets are funnier then others.

May we meet in game someday. :)
    • Up x 1
  8. Phazaar

I love that you're being so doucheish about your spawncamping when this whole thread was set up as a QQ QQ QQ I got killed despite doing something I know to be frowned upon QQ QQ QQ. I almost wish you were on my server.
  9. Phazaar

I'm glad we concur ;)
  10. smokemaker

I understand.
  11. Anti-Skub

I'm no longer reading your posts by the way, if you want to save yourself some time, although you seem to have plenty. You've made it quite clear you don't care that you play like a *****. I'm explaining to people who might not understand why what they do impacts other peoples enjoyment on the hope that, unlike you, they are decent enough people to not play in a way that annoys others.

As I said, some people just might not understand why they shouldn't do certain things, and that's fine, but knowing why something annoys somoene else and then doing it anyway makes you an *******...no two ways about it.
    • Up x 1
  12. smokemaker

And I have no issues with this.
    Heck, it motivates me.
  13. Rithlar

Spawn room camping is a two-way street, people shooting from the inside looking for easy kills and the people on the outside looking for easy kill of someone stupid enough to step out. If you don't like spawn room campers, stay away from the spawn room and make them come to you.
    • Up x 1