tired of this fps

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rapid_Sausage, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Cheetoh

Laptop manufactures will set their own temps for throttling that is different from the chip maker. It saves them money on product warranties and support. Plus, it helps with marketing to say your laptops run cool. Often it is 70c for the GPU. Nothing short of flashing the BIOS will help. I suspect that is what's happening. You might see the low temp and think it shouldn't be throttling, but don't think it's not.
  2. bloodhound66

guys i get 10-20 fps with all the settings on low or off and i love this game except i get 9-10 on the map with the massive amount of trees
  3. Darthjackn

First things first. Your laptop is probably throttling do to temps. Also your gpu is three generations old and your CPU is also quite old as well, as well as your CPU has crap clock speeds do to being so old. So the main reason for your fps issues is that your laptop specs just suck. If you want a gaming laptop look into Msi or Asus.
  4. bloodhound66

im using my parents desk top but i might have to look in to those how much do they usually cost
  5. insaneman12

Start for a good one about $1000 and up. I would build a pc for gaming and keep my laptop for everday use. If you build a pc check out pcpartpicker.com it will give a good idea on the cost to build a pc.
    • Up x 1
  6. bloodhound66

ok i think it will be a while before i can get anything really but i like the gaming computer idea i will keep that in mind thanks :)
  7. OldMaster80

Sane here. Sorry for you guys but I had never had such high fps with max details since the game is out.
  8. orangejedi829

Well that's, uh, not really how computer graphics work..
    At any rate, I wouldn't exactly call the 780 low-end.
  9. Rapid_Sausage

well, i was talking in general, because every single person i've seen that said they have increased FPS and also posted their specs, had a high end video card or SLI.
  10. orangejedi829

People like to exaggerate, especially if they've put money/effort into building a high-end rig.
    Just sayin'.
  11. Rapid_Sausage

even exaggeration has truth behind it.
  12. Taemien

All you need is a 3.5ghz CPU and a GPU with 1GB of vram for textures.

You'll see 100+ FPS on ultra.

Anything less than that will get varying results. Best just to brute force PS2 with a decent processor.
  13. Rapid_Sausage

The processor i have is plenty enough for PS2, i've never been CPU bound since the performance patch.
  14. Ulas

If u are playing on Low settings like I used to increase them to medium. I believe after the patch cpu bottleneck was removed but if u have a really powerful gpu and a cpu that might be good but not good enough to keep up with your gpu you will get drops. So I was getting about 180-200fps with drops down to 20 and I changed my settings to medium+ now i am playing with 1 40fps smooth
  15. Kirppu1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm
  16. NinjaKirby

"The distinctive quality of sarcasm is present in the spoken word and manifested chiefly by vocal inflections"
    lel, but yeah, he should have got it...

... or maybe... just MAYBE, you, Kirppu1, were actually being serious all along, and after being stood corrected this is your retort to save face.

We'll never ******* know.

The mysteries of life. 2komplikatd4me.
  17. Ulas

I accidentally quoted the wrong person. It's pretty obvious.
  18. Taemien

2.6Ghz? Sorry buddy, but it ain't.

I was running a 3.5Ghz CPU with an ATI HD 5870. Got around 40FPS with some stuff on ultra, some on low.

Went to the 4.0 Ghz that I have now with a GTX 970 jumped up to 200 FPS. Had the 970 crap out and had to stick the old 5870 in. Was still getting 120-150 FPS (150 warpgate, 120 in combat). With everything on ultra.

Its a CPU driven game. You simply need a faster processor to get decent results. All of Daybreak's games are like that. Everquest, Everquest 2, Landmark, ect.

Just upgrade your computer. 2.6 is what the laptop has that I just got for my dad. That thing couldn't hope to run any games.
  19. FieldMarshall

I used to have ~45 FPS. Now its capped at 60FPS
    And its not as hot as it used to.
    It also changes between GPU/CPU bound when before it used to just be CPU.

Im on a laptop.
    i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz (3.4GHz)
    GTX 765M 2GB

Just wanted to point out to people bashing on laptops that playing PS2 on a laptop works just fine.
  20. Ronin Oni

Pretty sure SLI/Crossfire support is pretty terrible actually. You'd likely get identical performance (with less power usage) if you ran on just 1 for PS2