[Suggestion] Time to establish Outfit banks

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RIctavius, Oct 1, 2014.

1. RIctavius

Since free certs upon log in will be a thing of the past.

Let's create incentives for outfits to attract players purely on fake-monterary value. Eyups let the capitalism flow. \

To the detractors: Yes: this concept has the essential problem of "Join my outfit, free money." But in the end a good bank is one that is effective in dealing with it's clients.

The "Join my outfit, free money crowd." are either ones that cannot/ or will not afford to put certs into the bank, purely they don't give a damn to establish an effective outfit in the first place.

The sick satisfaction behind this? I want to pay my soldiers a wage... is that too much to ask?
    • Up x 1
  2. FocusLight

Could work, could work. But it can't be like in WoW, where you generate free gold that ends in the guild bank just for doing stuff that earns you gold in-game. The Gold farmers LOVE that feature, that's the reason for all the FREE PERKS GUILD meaningless groups out there. In PS2, if there were some kind of outfit bank, it should be something everyone PAY into, creating some revenue on the side that can then be rewarded to well performing players or whatever.

anything that's not deeply exploitable, because at that rate anyone in an outfit could end up with certs for new guns and no-one would bother buying stuff for SC anymore, SOE would ruin themselves.
  3. ColonelChingles

Could we do loans? Even to other factions?

"Oh you poor little VS scum, you want that Lancer you saw in the window? Well with easy financing you can take home that 1,000 cert Lancer today, with no payments due for a week! Then, all you have to make are 20 easy payments of 100 certs per week! Just 100 certs a week, and you don't have to pay the first week! Wow!
    Failure to make a payment will result in the entire account being immediately due, and failure to pay that in a timely manner will result in repossession of the Lancer."

"Oh you poor little VS scum, you have a cert loan to pay off or they're repossessing your Lancer? Well don't cry, because not only will we help you refinance your loan from 20 payments of 100 certs into 40 payments of 75 certs, we can also loan you certs right away to pay off your other loan! So not only can you keep your Lancer, but you'll have more time to pay off your loan and you won't have to pay as much each week! Wow!"

I mean the entire US economy is built off of shenanigans like this... what could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:

"Well you see, we sorta gave out a lot of loans to people who probably couldn't repay them, but we figured it would all work out because the VS were buying Lancers right and left. But then the Lancernerf happened, and demand for the Lancers collapsed. More than that, we were going to bundle off and sell our Lancer loans to some third parties who thought that such loans would be worth millions of certs in the future, except now those Lancer loans are worthless. Not to mention we bought tons of other Lancer loans because we thought the value was going up. So unless Higby gives our Outfit Bank a ton of free certs, we're going to go under. And we can't have that, because if Outfit Banks started to collapse it would be completely horrible. I mean seriously. We'd have to like actually start fighting for certs or something. I might get dirt under my nails. Ugh. So please Higby, can you give us a ton of free certs, darned if it totally damages other parts of the economy and causes cert inflation? :cool:"
  4. Kunavi

I took 2 BR 1's for some rides, by the end of it they had made it to 10 and made about 80-100 Certs and I didn't even sweat. I too was making a **** load of Certs through Lead/Mentor or other related bonuses, though my KD was destroyed(In fact it lowered my Profile Page KD ;P). I don't think those 2 or others who stumble on people like me, will miss their 12 passive Certs. Practically all I did was let them repair to get Squad XP, drive them around in a Harasser, Liberator and Sunderer, nurse them as best as I could when fighting on the ground and other silly stuff like that.

That said however, it's a stupid move from SOE and the justification is equally pathetic; What do you mean, neutering F2Pers increases Membership Value?! No, increasing Members' passive gain would have increased the value(Say 100, don't be cheap FFS). And can I say that 500SC is NOTHING? Yeah, just did.

So this connects to the topic actually, because instead of busting each others' balls I could have invited them to my private little OutFit of RL friends just so I could pass them some surplus Certs. Each time I got them in VR to show them how some basic things work(Tutorial still BAD according to them) they saw all those weapons, tried them out and immediately went sour from the extreme prices. Even with me holding their hand they'd need 10 of those sessions to buy a basic weapon with no accessories. A WEAPON, not plural. Which might not even be cross Class! And while they did like the tools and Classes, they felt way too limited. Both in fact seriously considered only playing when I log in, at least until they can stand on their own.

If that's not intimidation I don't know what is.

So yes please, some sort of Bank would be awesome, more now than ever if I can stock up to 50K Certs as a Member.

SOE PLIX.

Can I also add that with 50K margin it could be time to discuss Re-Cert or partial Re-Cert? Or allowing us to gradually Re-Cert, like clicking on a single item to get back its value, selling us like 100 clicks per consumable? Better yet this should add a "Sell Back" button next to bought items and I can do 100 of them per consumable, so I can sell one item, spend the Certs, then sell another ETC if I have even more than 50K Certs. Why is this not in?
  5. Xasapis

I would have liked account cert gained first. In other words, you gain certs with one character, you can spend them on any character on your account.
    • Up x 1
  6. Kunavi

It's a nice idea Xasapis just that I could exploit it by creating multiple characters just for passive Cert harvesting? We could start smaller, like passive gain being passive for one... No need to log in.
  7. Xasapis

Non members no longer gain passive certs (today's patch notes).

But yes, if a unified cert system is implemented, then only one character would gain the passive certs, obviously.
  8. Bindlestiff

I like the idea of outfit members paying certs into a bank, but for me the use of that would be to fund outfit items like outfit decals, or camo (so everyone has the opportunity to look the same). Of course, these are cosmetic and therefore not purchasable with certs which makes that a non starter.

Paying in SC could work but is open to abuse... using a large outfit of 2000+ players all paying in 10 SC - that is 20,000 SC sat waiting for a leader to effectively empty the coffers and buy items for himself, and have no accountability for it.