Time to buff Sundy Health

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trebb, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Trebb

So you gave the most mobile class in the game the ability to kill a sunderer in under a second. Neat!!

The only useful Sundy choice is now the deploy shield. All others will be destroyed by one player, which judging by past dev posts is not intended.

So I think it's time to buff sunderer health. Just one fix I can think of offhand.
  2. LaughingDead

Why even buff it? It has as much health as a tank and arguably better armor options.
    All 1 of it. That blocks C4. And better AI weapons.

Just lower the typhoon damage to sundis.
  3. JKomm

Or we can replace the Light Assault's C4 option with Lightweight Charges, only what I've been suggesting for likely a year now in preparation for the Rocklet Rifle... knowing full well this would have been an issue. Here we are today, I was right, and people are slowly realizing my idea has more balance potential.
    • Up x 1
  4. adamts01

I think their health should be doubled while deployed, and maybe double the no-deploy radius they create to compensate. This also keeps sundy balls from being a thing ever again.

But yeah, LAs are cancer.
  5. Pelojian

no. they need to stop making the sundie a goddamn tank and instead buff tanks so the are actually tanky.

and to those of you that complain they can't be powerful if they are common the sundie is more powerful then a tank and could wreck fights in a massive sundie train.

sundies didn't need new weapons, all they needed was the rep rate nerf.
  6. FateJH

You guys do remember that you can modify the damage modifer of C-4 against Sunderers without impacting anything else in the game, right?
    • Up x 1
  7. adamts01

I don't think that's the solution, because a moving Sundy should go down to C4 just as easily as a tank. And Sundy balls are cancer, any straight buff to a single Sundy risks bringing those back. I really think the problem is just with deployed Sundies, and that's the only time when they should be tougher to take out.
  8. Kristan

With introducing of Rocklet I think LA's should get their C4 amount reduced to one instead of two.
  9. LaughingDead

Now that is possibly the fairest suggestion I've seen thus far.
  10. MrMinistry30

buffing a whole vehicle because 1 class got 1 more Option is ********. Battle sundys (or sundy balls) are bad enough for any good fight so that suggestion would ruin much more battles.

by the way, it does not need 1 second for LA to destroy it. throwing the 2 bricks, switching and firing the RR should be about 6 seconds or so but i understand that this does not seem as dramatical as the original post...

edit: engies can still kill a sundy alone with mines or c4 or AV turret or archer so the introduction of RR won't Change too much here....
  11. LaughingDead

More like 4 seconds but generally, yea. Sundis don't need a buff.
  12. Humoreske

Sunderer Extra Armor
    • Increase Sunderer's Health dramatically.
    • Equip in all weapons slots. In other words, Sunderer loses attack power.
    DBG, please add this!
    • Up x 1
  13. Zer0Dawn

They should be destroyed if not with deploy shield and unprotected thats its sol purpos to protect it againste single threats though it can still be taken out with engi or havies (and that doesnt seem to bother anyone) but LAs destroying repair and ammo sundies does.If you bring ammo or rep sundy to be your spawn it should die horrible cause thats not their purpos (read descripton of said abilities) and its ******* dumb.If stealth sundy is found should die too as it does allready.If you ask me deploy shield should be buffed so it would become primary choice for spawn deployment.
  14. adamts01

It wouldn't be too bad if it required shield to become a spawn point. Nothing worse than having a **** Sundy take up the only viable position while you're max shield sundy is suck helpless as a tank rolls up.
  15. BartasRS

I dunno what's that sihtstorm is about. Properly protected, placed and equipped Sundy is far from being destroyed in 5 seconds by any LA. It takes 4 C4s to take it down. No rocklet rifle makes it possible to kill it in less than 5 secs.
    • Up x 1
  16. Pat22

So you mean like Blockade Armor, but worse?

Where is this ridiculous misconception that LAs can suddenly solo sunderers in seconds coming from. The rocklet rifle does **** for damage. It doesn't give LAs anything they couldn't do before with Underbarrel Grenade launchers or Explosive Crossbows.

Any deployed sunderer worth a damn will have either Blockade armor or Deployment Shield, neither of which are under threat from any single Light Assault, no matter what equipment he's carrying.

In fact, both Blockade and Deploy Shield sundies can and have been able to be soloed by Heavies and Engies, but please, keep whining about how LAs now being able to do something they could do before is breaking the game.
  17. Demigan

You can use Deployment shield, Blockade armor, brains (brains include: Use of Spitfires, use of AI guns on top of Sunderer, use of defenders around the Sunderer as opposed to leaving it alone for extended periods of time and being all surprised when someone could approach it, having all people who spawn at the Sunderer do one area check before leaving, using placements that an LA can't reach easily-->yes those exist, not using a Stealth Sunderer when you dump it on the usual Sunderer spot or near it).

Keep in mind my dear Trebb that when you are going to use your Sunderer as a spawn, Deployment shield is simply the best option. I don't see you complaining that everyone uses AP because it's the only viable option, so why would you complain about this? Also keep in mind that Deployment shield was introduced against a class that could solo Sunderers 'with ease', rather than simply buffing the Sunderer health. The Engineer with AT mines is still a threat against Sunderers, especially if you just drive an open Flash up to it. So why wouldn't you equip your Deployment shield or Blockade armor? Why would you go for less viable methods of protection if you are going to leave your Sunderer virtually unprotected?
    • Up x 3
  18. Liewec123

imho they should buff deployment shield,
    before this patch the sundy driver needed to make a decisions between plenty of benefits,
    such as blockade giving more armour while travelling,
    repair/ammo to aid your allies,
    stealth to hide your sundy
    or deploy shield to protect it from getting solo'd by a rambo.

it is rather easy now though for an LA to solo a shield sundy, so what is the purpose of it?
    i'm not asking for a mega buff, just let the shield stay up a little longer.

currently if you stick 2 C4 on the sundy (fairly far apart) shoot the sundy with typhoon rockets close to one of the c4, the first c4 triggers from the spash damage destroying the shield, then continue to magdump your typhoon rockets near the other c4, BOOM dead sundy.
    the whole process to kill a fully charged shield sundy is about 10 seconds.
  19. FateJH

That's something quite a few drivers have been complaining about for some time. The distance out from the C-4 package itself is quite significant, at least to the point that missing the target by four meters still deals a critical blow.
  20. Valenz

By how much? The difference between typhoon and regular shells is less than a clip.
    Before halving the amount of C4 they carry, why not just increase the nanite cost? Now that the rocklet launcher is live LAs don't really need 10 whole bricks before actually going on cooldown.