Time for a common pool version of the Vulcan

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Ruvan, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Gary

:O did not know that, adds some balance to it i guess :). Regarding secondary weapons on the buggies, Yes we should allow them, it adds variety and different tactics available for each faction whilst still allowing the NS style weapons to be used.
  2. felfox

^^^ Pretty much what Van Dax said. The saron is a great weapon but it's pretty hard to use on a moving magrider without a lot of practice. Haven't tried it on a buggy but I would assume it's even twitchier. Problem is that when you're relying on a pin point accurate gun that can only fire once per reload and put it on something that is more than likely going to be bouncing around like crazy, range and damage don't trade off that well. This isn't to say it can't be done and also isn't to say the vulcan won't be risky as all hell but if I drive up next to you in a saron and blast you, and you drive up in a vulcan and blast me, I'm dead in two seconds heh.

The vulcan just synergises (imo) better with the harrasser's potential play style.
  3. Flukeman62

ok but can we get a camera guided missile launcher and a strafing tank?
  4. BarxBaron

Can I haz airhammer and Sniper Anti tank gunz?

I mean as long as we're making everything common pool right?
    • Up x 1
  5. omni2

this NS buggy shouldn´t have acess to empire specific weapons.

i can see that there will be 1 or 2 problems with the empire specific weapon systems on an NS buggy.
    anyway, our buggy will camp then on the hills and snipe your tanks out.

but it´s time to say, that the saron is nearly a carbon copy of an already existing NS weapon (you know what i m talking about) :)
    and this way you all have acess to the "ns-saron"
    see you on battlefield.
  6. ladiesop

The point of this thread is a common pool version of the Saron and Enforcer exist in the form of the Halberd, which is almost identical to them right down to direct AV damage and reload times. There's no faction variation because basically all three weapons are more or less the same, both in use and performance.

The Vulcan's closest analogue is a the basic Basilisk, and you know how that stacks up in comparison. There's nothing quite like it.

On ES tanks, the platform is different, and there's also a main gun so the secondary is really a secondary feature. It has a level of asymmetry as the platforms have quite different movement or defence values.

On the buggy, however, it's the main gun (in effect), and the Vulcan offers something the TR version gets and still has the option of a Saron or Enforcer analogue that's basically identical to the ES version. There is nothing like the Vulcan for the VS and NC buggies, which are otherwise the same vehicle and don't have the asymmetry.

This is quite different to the ScatMAXfor instance, as the ScatMAXhas no access to machinegun like AI arms, while the VS and TR MAX has no access to the shotgun arms. It would be similar if the NC had access to machinegun arms that are almost as good as the TR ones, but also had the Scattercannons.

However, rather than making a Vulcan-alike weapon, I think the buggies should NOT have ES weapons, only NS ones. When ES buggies come out, with a floating VS one, tough NC one and fast TR one (we assume), then ES weaponry would make sense on those as they each would give a very different playstyle as the platforms are different, like with MBTs. Not so with the Harasser.
    • Up x 2
  7. Fenrisk

TR have one empire specific secondary tank weapon that seems slightly better then the others. Nobody cares because TR rarely use the thing and TR fail in all other areas.

They release a new buggy where only secondary weapons can be equipped including faction specific ones. All of a sudden TR VS/NC think TR has the best secondary weapon in the world and it should be given to them or removed from the game completely. Do you even see yourselves?

Both VS and NC have weapons that hands down beat TR's in every way but we are not screaming REMOVE IT! or give me a common pool version! ugh!

In the end even if they did give you guys exactly what you want. Be it the gun removed or your own copy you won't be bloody happy and you certainly would not give up your guns to another faction. TR has to put up with having the worst faction specific infantry guns but hey we are TR right its our faction trait.

My god you found 1 TR faction gun you want! If you find anything else thats good let us know lol. /facepalm
  8. ladiesop

MBTs are a very different case:

All three move differently, have different main guns and defence values. Because they are so asymmetric, the secondary weapon have room to be different as they have different styles of play.

The Harasser is literally the same vehicle for all three apart from the ES mounted guns. All three can take a rocket launcher that performs almost exactly the same for each, but only one can take the AV mini-gun; on top of this, that gun is the main gun of the vehicle and not a secondary.

The solution is either remove all ES mounted weapons, or remove the Halberd which will at least give some asymmetry rather than being weighted towards one in the good selection of weapons.

The equivalent is the ScatMAX getting a machine gun that's almost as good as the TR ones, while not giving the other two shotguns or any other CQC type weapon.
  9. Fenrisk

It's no different. It's envy as always.

One faction has something that out-performs the other factions in its specific role and the other two factions want it removed, nerfed or given to them That's how this game has worked since beta.

VS has a scythe that can ram other ESF's and survive. Everyone wants it.

NC have a scat max that out performs the other two maxes by 250% damage per second in the role maxes are built for CQC inside buildings. Everyone wants it, wants it copyed nerfed / whatever.

TR have the worse set of LMG's in the game so we all want at least a NS version of the SAW so we can be competitive.

SSDD.

Faction specific traits and guns are not balanced and every faction has something the vother factions want. For the most part no one wanted TR's crap until today and now look at this thread LOL. TR get 1 thing that could possibly be better then what the other 2 factions have and its suddenly unfair. What about all the other unfair crap TR have to put up with?
  10. Ruvan

As many other people have pointed out, removing the Halberd from the Harasser or removing empire specific weapons would also solve this problem.
  11. Flukeman62

may be VS could just get a lazor and the nc could get a... AT shotgun?
  12. DjUnicorn

It will also make the harrasser a dull and boring ATV on steroids and will not justify 200 resources pull. For that I am better off with an ESF or a wraith ATV and its fury.

Remember that you are suggesting to literally render the harasser useless against armored so the only thing left are 2 AA gun options or infantry farming weapons.

Why wasn't this brought up with the prowler? The difference between the tank and the harasser is that the harasser is smaller and more agile but has much less armor and less firepower. The prowler has much more armor and the main turrets, together they "should" melt even more enemies, what makes it ok to have a vulcan for the prowler and not for the harasser?
  13. Ruvan

Notice the or in the sentence you quoted.
  14. Flukeman62

i would always pick removing the common pool weapon over the ES weapon
  15. DjUnicorn

Oh boy, a halberd, now that is so much better that I... still would not use the harasser.

Ditto, variety is key in this game, its not as if we already have a lot of almost equal weapons in this game with the recent damage buff for the VS and the huge ammount of common pool weapons for vehicles.

Why waste anymore time? Make all weapons and vehicles equal, no more empire specific weapons, vehicles or even infantry, make it all one same faction divided by 3 and call each one "Faction 1, Faction 2, Faction 3".

There, problem solved. Now we can move on with the game.
  16. thebigbortishbort

a smaller more accurate NS version of a vulcan with less damage but good rate of fire and mag size , kinda like bridging the gap between kobalt and basilisk ,
  17. Sumguy720

Since the buggy is NS it should only be able to equip NS weapons. Problem solved?

Maybe make new empire specific weapons for the empire specific buggy.
  18. LibertyRevolution

Yep, NS vehicles should not have faction specific weapons.

I put the saron on a harasser on the test server, then tossed a dual burster max in the backseat..
    That is a crazy amount of firepower for a buggy.

Vulcan is crazy damage, but it seems to be not so good at range.
    It didn't feel OP compared to having a saron harasser, which is basically a flash with the firepower of a magrider.
  19. Fenrisk

So long as you guys are trying to remove one of the only minor edges in weapons TR has on a buggy can we have all your LMG's removed and replaced with TR ones?
  20. Ash87

Common pool Vulcan... hmm...

It's a powerful weapon, not bound by loyalty to it's origins, but really devastating in the field.

We shall name it: THE ROMULAN!

Yeah, seriously? This isn't necessary.
    • Up x 2