[Suggestion] TI Alloys: Underground Levels

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IVANPIDORVAN, Mar 11, 2020.

1. IVANPIDORVAN

We all aware about this. It's already became a meme. Like "TI Annoys Episode 369 - Orbital Strikes Back".

What i suggest is adding an undergroud levels with additional B and C points, so this base became just as big as Nason's defiance (center of Hossin). Time has shown that Nason provide us decent fights even during very high pop, because it has plenty of room, all 3 points there is literally 3 small bases merged together in to big complex of buildings, tunnels and roads.
    [IMG]
    Here on screenshot you can see what we have 5 sealed entrances around this base. They look like perfect opportunity for underground expansion, there is also plenty of room just because Alloys based on big hill.
    1)North-West one can act as "home entrance" for defender's side.
    2)North-East should be moved towards Ceres Hydroponics and act as entrance for team from north warpgate
    3)South-West is perfectly placed for attakers from Allatum.
    4)South-East two would serve as entrances to enemy forces sended from crown.

Underground theme for inspiration? Well this is ALLOYS right? So put underground giant refinery complex with some blast furnaces, conveyor belts, maybe even pools with melted, glowing steel (and yeah, you can commit suicide if you jump in, like hossin's toxic water on Guarney Dam). And don’t just limit yourself to corridors, it can also be giant underground hangars

What about scheme of underground levels? Well, i am not a professional level designer, my knowledge about this is very basic and don't have enough expirience to farsee how battles will flow in enviroment what i gonna create, so i will not bother to try make a project of these tunnels, devs most probably will not use them even as a base anyway.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________

P.S. It would be nice to add more cover for north-side attackers, cause it's such a pain of trying to push from there. I am never ever gonna do this again untill something changes. Currently it is just eternal pain. Actually it would be nice to overhaul entire outskirts of TI Alloys, not only north hill side, for example add interiors to ALL buildings, not just one with A point.
  2. Rooklie

I love the idea, I think it's a great idea.

However there's one thing that worries me, Indar (well, this might change with the patch) is basically, for a lot of the time, for most people, a Ti Alloys fight.

Obviously, many people like that, enjoy that, I don't, and I'm afraid that building under ground tunnels would make this worse (or better, for those who like it).
    • Up x 1
  3. Blam320

B Point on The Crown is already a royal pain in the butt to try and breach once a platoon decides they're going to bunker up inside.
    • Up x 1
  4. TRspy007

This has been suggested a lot of times, but as you can tell with nasons, I’m not sure tunnels provide the best fights.

I’d like to see either the crown as the center of the map, and remove cèdes and ti, or make ti a 3 point base and make proper sunder garages and a cess to the base from all sides.

Currently the fights all steer to TI since the crown is really hard to capture due to its 4 point nature, and Ceres is simply too vulnerable to campers from TI and the crown, who have the high ground.

Ceres and TI are based that are not designed for 3 way fights, which is why battle there are cancerous, usually for attackers coming from the hill on the Ceres side. They are too vulnerable to fire from both the TI defenders and the attackers from the crown, who usually park their sunderer on the top of the hill.

These bases need to be redesigned to allow 3 way fights in each of them, and the same should be done with all center bases on each continent. (Eisa teach plant is ok, but there should be better cover for sunderers on each side of the gens).

One more thing, orbital strike are a nuisance in these center fights, since there is a focused bombardment from all 3 factions. These strikes usually don’t accomplish much, and it’s too annoying to destroy a base in enemy territory since bases take a long time to destroy, not including the fact there’s turrets and pain fields in addition to enemies defending them.

Right now, not sure construction plays a role in the game. Give routers to medics/engineers like planned before, or make them an outfit ressource to tie it in with the patch, but I think construction should be removed entirely; it simply does not bring anything to the game.

People who want to play minecraft shouldn’t play planetside 2. Center fights are already cancerous as they are, and bobthebuilders throwing orbital strikes into the mix is just taking it too far.
  5. TRspy007

Exactly. There should have been way more access points to B, or it should have just stayed a bridge point. Also the crown should be a 3 or 5 point base, since it’s too easy for defenders to secure at least 2 of the points, which is enough to stop the cap.

I think if the crown was better designed, people would fight there instead of TI.