Three questions about damage

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by tigerchips, Dec 5, 2012.

1. tigerchips

1) How does a medic, engineer, light assault, defeat a heavy assault with shield up? Because it happens and i'm not sure why. Even when they have thier backs turned they still manage to get me down to 1% health. it takes me more than 8 bullets to kill them, more like 20-30. It takes them about 2 seconds to kill me and it takes me twice as long to kill them. I have armour almost maxed out. It happenes occasionally, not all the time.

2) How come as heavy assault i can't take out a Sunderer by hitting the rear with 4 dumb
    missiles?

3) How come when i hit a liberator with dumb missiles it damages it by 5% or less and then the next time i hit it it takes 25%?

I am a former Battlefield vet in case you think i'm a COD player. I have 1.99 K/D ratio.
  2. Morpholine

1. Positioning, headshots, allies, grenades, shotguns, hit and run tactics.
    2. The Sunderer is (almost) equally armored on all sides.
    3. Composite armor on one versus the other? Not sure on this one. It might just be a graphic/lag artifact.
  3. Novmiech

1. TTK in this game is extremely low. Heavy assaults do not have more armor or health - their durability lies almost exclusively in their shields. 1-2 more bullets, or 1 more head shot on you will completely negate that. Not sure what "armor" you have maxed out (nanoweave?) but its not going to make a game breaking difference as in 1 bullet or so. LA's have the advantage of using terrain correctly, Medics have their potent heal which can sustain them in peek and fire kinds of fights. Engies really have nothing to speak of to beat you. If its a 1v1 heads up fight and you have your shield available you got outplayed (I mean no insult - someones gotta win someones gotta lose, and in that exchange it was you).

2. Sunderers do not take the extreme extra damage from the rear like tanks do - further more the damage reduction provided from the add on armor kit is focused in the rear more than anywhere else - further reducing what extra damage you are doing. Keep in mind the scale of this game is large - its not unreasonable to see 4 HA's all firing on the sunderer simultaneously meaning it would die instantly, there needs to be a little bit of wiggle room. If you plan to be hunting vehicles get the munitions pouch that gives you +1 rocket - its only 30 certs and well worth the low cost.

3.Not a clue - I don't see this happening myself rockets on a lib seem to take somewhere around 20% of its HP for me. 5%? Much lower than any hits I've seen.
  4. tigerchips

I didn't see any armour on the Sunderer i was hitting. Yes, i have 4 slots unlocked in Nano armour and i'm using the default shield. I didn't notice much difference with the resist shield so i just swapped back. Is it worth unlocking the adrenaline shield?
  5. Lavalampe

offtopic
    Since when does a Battlefield Vet talk about his K/D?
    I played BF1942 since the first Wake Demo and and there was nothing about K/D. K/D is something CoD made popular. It was about Teamplay and having fun and I'm glad that PS2 reminds me of that spirit.

/offtopic

About the Sunderers, they are really heavy amored even when you don't see the extra armor. They are weak and slow so their armor is their bread & butter. It is sad enough that 1 Engineer with AT-Mines can kill a sunderer instantly even when deployed.
    • Up x 1
  6. Aerius

I really wish people would stop saying "I'm a [game] veteran".

On topic: You're playing HA as the NC. Your guns being garbage might have something to do with you losing 1v1s
  7. Morpholine

I'm a Pong veteran.
    • Up x 1
  8. Kur0ko

lol, CoD did not make K/D popular, it started being popular when the first online fps came out....
  9. Lavalampe

I cannot remember that Quake3, Counterstrike or Unreal Tournament had statistics which showed you your overall K/D. Ok, the K/D for one game but not your overall K/D in all games. This is a new trend which got popular by CoD and was copied by the later BF-Games (unfortunately)
  10. Bloodtank

i made a post about this on another forum and the fanboys will troll you off the internet..
    Your point is extremely valid..... In short, this game has no clue what it is, or what its trying to be.... Cept a cash machine.
    They just have a problem and look for a quick fix and have been doing this from design start, where no leg work was done up front..
    In short, you have a house that tilts, which is fixed up poorly, and again and again..... it will crumble down in a short time..

You can compare a heavy to a sniper..

A sniper can one shot a heavy from a safe distance.. with no threat of being killed or anything... but a heavy with a huge machine cun.. can't mow down a single enemy target without using 30-50 bullets and about 6 seconds of time... meanwhile losing most encounters....

The class is not a heavy.... The class, is a NUB class, which is a valid name for it.. with the ability to shoot rockets and ASSIST in taking down Heavy targets..

In short.. its worthless....

WHen you think about it.. there is NO point in being heavy... (as with 60% off all the game toys, are simply not needed)
    The only time you need to kill a tank is when its spawn camping you.. in that case spawn a Max with AT.. if you dont have the resources... LEAVE

See, there is no point to tanks in the game either, cept what i stataed above... SPAWN CAMP... just like you are thinking how the heavy is pointless.. in fact... as I am saying there's no point to much in this game...

in all reality there is no need for air either..

Its simply a fad cash grab of a fish in the barrel shooter

don't believe me, whenever you are fighting.. tell me where you are fighting, and whats needed there... yeah.. thanks.. ok bye
  11. tigerchips

K/D ratio was mentioned in case you thought i was a really bad player and couldn't aim properly.

Perhaps it is the low fire rate of the gun that is the problem. It's just the default gun and I have the Compensator, High Velocity Ammunition, and Foregrip for it.
  12. ABATTLEDONKEY

THIS THIS THIS^

there IS a difference between COD and BF, but there is an even LARGER diff between early days of BF and BF2/3. and same witht he COD franchise.

We also probably dont need to know your gaming past in a thread like this.