Thoughts on the NS-03 Thumper?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Campagne, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Daftdrew

To be honest it's a fun weapon but NS weapons are lazy. We are losing factions difference everything new is always NS. Get back to Planetside being different factions.
  2. Scrundle

Well, looks like disruptor ammo is going to be absolutely brutal with these changes and stacking burn dot will really spoil some engineer's day. Launch accelerator will remain the one to avoid I think, it's kinda pointless even with the CoF reduction.

I've already been running disruptor exclusively, with this thing now in my secondary slot I think i'm going to have a lot of fun with these changes. As said by greater minds than my own however, i'm worried of this thing becoming overpowered or oversaturated, it NEEDS to stay on the slightly-weak/niche side of balance.
  3. Demigan

Direct hit from normal ammo: 600 damage
    Direct hit from disruptor ammo: 350 damage 125 shield damage (if any) totalling 475 damage. Against a Heavy with overshield it'll suck 20% of 450=90 extra damage so 565 damage total.
    If the target has no shield and no overshield left but full health they will survive the direct hit as your damage has fallen off to 350 damage while they wouldnt from the standard ammo.

So why would disruptor ammo be superior to standard ammo?
  4. Scrundle

Because I can't aim, haha
  5. TR5L4Y3R

and suddenly the last bunch of deku ES weapons are wiped of the mind .. nevermind there is a robotfaction lacking on stuff ...
    AND YEA SURE .. making a NS weapon is "LAZY" ... ... absolutely .... -_- ....
  6. Moggram

I don't know how to tell you this, but there are a lot more ES weapons. I have like the choose of about five to ten weapons depending on class. That includes SMG's, LMG's, 'One' shotgun, and so on.
  7. DemonicTreerat

What can I say? You see the same excuses, idiocy, and bull repeat itself for almost 20 years and you start being able to see what is actually going on.
    And just think. All of this could have been avoided if the idiots had just put these tweaks in at the start.
  8. icufos

Brilliant. I buy all new weapons...never enough for me....
    However, could have a bit more pirotechnics attached to the explosion and a tad more damage....Just saying.