[Suggestion] Thoughts on multiple things

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wind_Walker, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Wind_Walker

I've said this somewhere else, but it might as well deserve a thread of its own. Keep in mind these are just thoughts, not passion-driven torch-and-pitchfork stuff.

1) I do think MBTs need an HP buff. Too many options to take out tanks for what it is now.

2) same thing for ESFs, really. A lot of flak (pun intended) has been hitting them lately in terms of AA options.

3) The classes need differences in stats. Heavies could be slow, but not as slow as MAXes. Medic and Engie move at regular speed, and LA and Infils move at a relatively fast speed. This is all in terms of their equipment, and their HP/shields could reflect that too. Infil's are the only class that stick out in terms of stats (900hp vs. Other classes 1000hp)

4) If DBG has such a hard time making ES stuff, why not hold a contest of sorts to invite the creative players of PS2? Ive seen developers do it before, and I know we have the artists, I've seen them on Deviantart. They've made some pretty interesting things, and they should at least receive a look in their direction

5) On a related note, the current models on all the guns are too similar. DBG could take submissions from creative players on remodeled versions both 3d and 2d. Then it's up to them if it's cool enough to put in the game. When I die in game, I wanna just look at the player model and go, "oh, he was using THAT."

6) We have the Ground game, and the air game, but where's the space game and the sea game? This is more of a map issue, and one that could be solved with either reworked maps or more maps. A lot of work, but I like to use VUE for something like that. Nice landscape software, that. Also, related vehicles would need to be made.

7) GK is a hot topic right now. Since its long range AV, killing it's damage or CoF would render the weapon pointless. However, things that could change would be bullet drop (with a marauder-esque cross hair to match) and bullet velocity. Im too lazy to think of actual numbers, so I'll leave that to the Stat masters.

What do you think?
  2. Who Garou

3) I think that Heavies actually do move a bit slower. I don't think that they jump quite as high either, but I haven't really tested this.
    Light assaults with Drifters move much faster, same goes with Infiltrators with Adrenaline pumps.

4) Player Studio is taking submissions. It could perhaps use more advertising, but artist that successfully submit to Player Studio get a percentage of the profits for each of their creations sold in-game.
    No reason that you can't talk it up on Deviant Art and send the link to the Player Studio website to artist that you think would be able to produce a quality product that you would be willing to spend money on in the game.
  3. FateJH

The MBTs don't need more health. That's just going to throw all of the weapons out of wack against MBTs. It'd be better to monitor what kind of weapons you want to modify against MBTs and adjust those specific resistance values, or change the weapons' resistance categories.
    Technically, the classes not having different basic stats can be argued to be to the game's benefit. Everyone starts on an equal playing field (except the Infiltrator) before what you have equipped or their competencies. The class system is structured to separate primary competencies, a few secondary competencies that may be shared, and some weapon competencies. Light Assault is short on these competency distinctions but that is entirely the developers' faults.
    Firearms are built out of pre-fabricated sections that are shared across a faction and very closely across a weapon category. They do this to reduce the number of meshes necessary to represent the weapon.
    They somehow managed to design only three or four VS firearms.
    Water is fubar. (The game is called "PlanetSide" because lore-wise we can't leave.)