Thoughts on K/D

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Turiel =RL=, Oct 1, 2014.

1. NC_agent00kevin

Player without stats in sig says stats mean something...

I think there are plenty of reasons already given why stats don't matter much in this particular game. Even a player with a low SPM might be cruising around seeking out Sunderers and breaking assaults single handed lay by destroying their spawn points. Or he could just be a useless spawn room sniper. We just don't know until we comp,eyelet evaluate that players stats overll and figure out what it is he does with his game time.
  2. andy_m

Thank you for your humble opinion.
    • Up x 2
  3. andy_m

And what has that got to do with anyone in the world other than themselves?
  4. patrykK1028

So what?
    Maybe I dont want to share my stats because I dont think they are good enough?
  5. NC_agent00kevin

Ahh you just took the bait ;)

So stats DO matter.
    • Up x 4
  6. NC_agent00kevin

I like to pick through players I go up against and see what they do. And to go see what someone with a KDR of .42 claims stats don't matter but plays Heavy Assault almost exclusively, or when someone says stats DO matter but sits in a tank or guns a lib most of the time. I like to have as much information as possible whe dealing with enemies in game, or loudmouths on forums.
  7. Surmise

Kpmin/hour is only relevant stat, everything else is a byproduct.
  8. patrykK1028

And thats just what I said before? Theres no accuracy in sig stats, theres KD which, I said, means something....
  9. Leftconsin

KPM is pretty important. It measures a combination of lethality and willingness to put yourself in dangerous high enemy situations. I'd say anything under 1 is underperforming.
  10. Jawarisin

Not really, but thanks. According to you I'm a god player.
    All the stats are important. Someone with a 20 k/d but a 10-15 kph is just not impressive. Personnaly, I like to look at ALL the stats before I take a stance.
  11. Kunavi

I'm considered bad by most players who are considered good, on Miller. I've been told I'm good by players who are considered good but that's happened perhaps twice. I'd say there is nothing impressive about how I play but I'm also not terrible, between "Gets the job done" and "Sooner or later, totally rekt" Now go check my Stats on both DA and the official page. Not just KD/XP, also check my Vehicle Time and so on and draw your own conclusions. Compare to yours. [Might want to factor in how long I've been in PS2 and that I've been playing basically on my own for a while now].

Hope I helped you get a clear picture.
  12. \m/SLAYER\m/

i shoot in the air after each victory:D
  13. Tyrant103

Usually high KD means I'm playing good and having fun. It is also helps me when deciding where to position myself as alot of what I do is through impulse, I use KD as "gauge" on this. For games such as Counter Strike I would record my demos and look back on them to see where I went wrong, KD is my only option in PS2 usually.

Some people find it fun to play the objective, I don't. I like the Deathmatch mentality and so do a few others. With that mentality I set myself goals, goals such as bringing home a higher KD and accuracy than my last session, that doesn't mean I have a big ego. I play the objective now and then, not much though.

And most recently directives adhere to my goals.

I would play the objective, but why would I? I've seen zergs get rekt only for them to all spawn Air and MBTs. People using Banshees PPA etc in small fights, infantry that never push for the objective and remain in their corner.

I'm going to go ahead and be ignorant like you, the reason you say KD is for "e-p*nis" is because your bad at FPS.
    • Up x 3
  14. andy_m

Me too, as it happens. I spend far too much time looking at stats of peeps I kill when I could actually be enjoying the game. Same goes for participating in this forum. And just in case you are wondering, my post wasn't intended as a personal snipe at you. I was just posing the question, what has it got to do with us what anyone else does (providing it's within the rules of the game of course).
    • Up x 1
  15. andy_m

Wow! Is that so? I mean, I agree that KPM is an important stat, for those who like killing a lot, but 1? Constantly?

At BR91 I've managed to drag mine up to 0.16 and yes I would agree that I am "underperforming." Fortunately I am still really enjoying the game, after over 1000 hours of play time.
  16. Leftconsin

I think 1 is a little generous. How long does it really take to find an enemy to shoot at? Not very long if you are selecting the right fights. Certainly not a whole minute.
  17. iller

That's why a lot of people don't have PSU profiles through and prefer D.A. for stat-checking
    .... DA tells you what their actual infantry-KD is and how much they "pad it"
  18. Leftconsin

It is a better metric. The official stats factor in a lot of "do you play near medics?" instead of what really counts. When I redeploy into an 80-20 underpop to try to save it I'm not getting any medic support.

First time I looked at my IVI KDR it was something on the order of .6. I've got it up to a "hey you should probably still uninstall" .84
    • Up x 1
  19. andy_m

If I'm rolling as Engi or Medic then I can go for a whole hour without getting a kill. Doesn't really bother me to be honest, that I'm not getting kills as such. As long as I'm getting a "reasonable" XP per minute, and even that doesn't matter so much lately because I struggle to think what to spend my Certs on now.

Now, as you say, at the right fight, and in a session that may last say five or ten minutes, perhaps a little longer, I do manage to down three, even four peeps in a minute. But then I'll spend some time after that looking for the next good battle.

Long range sniping also, at least for me, takes time to rack up some kills. I can go half an hour without encountering a decent number of targets, and then I'll suddenly be hitting two or three a minute again.

As I said, I agree, I think I am under performing, but I didn't think I was that bad.

Anyway... I've just had a look at the Leaderboard.

For the Top Kills list, at the top you have Daddy. His KPM = 1.5

Down in tenth is ALongStory who has a KPM = 0.8

In the Top Score list, at the top is Daddy again.

Down in tenth is TorokF who has a KPM = 1.07

So what you are saying is that anyone outside of the top ten is under performing.

I'm not having a go... I just think that a KPM of 1 is quite high for most players.

EDIT:

I've just LOL'd because I looked at my ranking on the leaderboard and I am outside the top 10,000 :D
  20. Metcal

OP,
    K/D and every other stat is an ingredient of the whole.
    Even the "perfect" end recipe is dependent on the likes and wants of the individual.
    To each their own.

If you like stats, look at them as a whole (as much as can or desired, personal interpretation req'd) and let them tell you their story.
    Would think it would mean more (and likely more personally accurate) than the story others may use them to tell you.