[Thought] Sharing of ammo/utilities

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MaDiv, Feb 13, 2017.

1. MaDiv

Title says it all.

What I've been wondering about a lot in the past is whether or not it would be a good idea to implement a way for sharing medkits, ammo and other things like C4 etc with your teammates.

This would certainly add to the small fights where one cannot resupply and the inter-player-interaction, but also the larger scale fights could see a benefit from this since engies would profit the same as always and the medics wouldn't have to spend as much time on keeping the whole fight healthy and thus could focus better on resurrecting the dead.
  2. BrbImAFK

I like the idea, and shared equipment was in PS1 (through the inventory system and dropping stuff for mates).

However, in most cases, I feel that PS2 as a game plays too quickly for a system like this to be present. If it was manual, like the PS1 inventory system, most likely you'd just die a lot on your stuff-management-screen. If it was automated, you'd end up with some medkit-chugging-***** consuming the whole squad's supply in seconds.

I like it... I just can't see a way to make it feasible.
  3. Pikachu

"Yes it's a good idea, and we had it 10 years ago in ps1."

This should be a ps2 meme.
  4. MaDiv

I thought of it just like that (medkits for example): Select Medkit -> Right-click/aim to add to other person's utility reserve, taken that said person has the said utility equipped (so no medkits for C4 users, as long as we wanna keep it simple at least).
  5. Eternaloptimist

I main Engie and Medic - I'll be talking to my union about this :mad:
  6. AllRoundGoodGuy

I've always found it odd that the medics couldn't resupply medkits, even if it was a limited resupply.
    • Up x 1
  7. Eternaloptimist

Oh yes! I never thought of that but I have often expressed a wish to be able to drop field dressing packs - a bit like the way engies drop ammo packs..............just for the certs, you understand ;)
  8. Movoza

I'm not sure if I'm for or against yet, but implementation can be done by facing someone and pressing a key (like k or something). You'll give the ammo or charge of a weapon/item you have equipped.

I'm not sure it's a good idea, as ammo should come from engineers imo and things like C4 and medkits are restricted in amount on classes for a reason. Still, the teamplay would be awesome.