This is hurting the community

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by CloneXCaptian, Feb 16, 2022.

1. CloneXCaptian

These large inactive outfits continue to grow and misguide the playerbase as the amount of players shrink, the lack of community shows deeply in the ps4 community and as a paying customer, this hurts to see. I put my all into helping this community thrive and have hosted events for the active playerbase, it comes out of my wallet to help the community stay alive. and others contribute to the funding as well, Having these large outfits lacking leadership or any cohesiveness really destroys the playerbase.
    I've heard multiple times when recruiting from these outfits that they thought these collectives were how the game was, a bunch of people that don't talk to each other and just do whatever. People come to this game after seeing the Galaxy Drops and hundreds of people in a fight pushing together. Then they come to a fairly underwhelming display of gameplay, the fits that do Galaxy drops and events like harasser races are all shadowed by the large mass of players. It's always new players that get sucked into this tourist trap. Most of them quit playing after a month because of the lack of community. Sadly, Planetside needs outfits to teach people about the game, there is a lot to cover, and as someone who has trained thousands of people in the past decade from PC to PS4, I can say that most are grateful we "introduce" them to the game.
    I may also cite that back in 2021 when Escalation was released, RPG promoted the new support ticket feature of removing leaderless outfits/applying new leadership to outfits.
    I'm not asking for removal of any fits that have a lot of players just because, these fits are killing the community aspect of the game and it's shrunk a lot. As a person who has dumped hundreds of dollars into this game, and played for over 10,000 hours across multiple accounts, it pains me to see this happen to such a flourishing game during this time..
    Thank you for reading, have a nice day!!!

Picture-
    TRSF
    xSod
    G00N
    PYON
    Source: Auraxis Bot

Added 1 picture citing in response to the following; "I may also cite that back in 2021 when Escalation was released, RPG promoted the new support ticket feature of removing leaderless outfits/applying new leadership to outfits."
    Added 2 pictures including the leaders of their respective outfits.
    SgtSquirrel-TRSF - Inactive 1y
    CyborgDoctor-G00N - Inactive 2y
    PyPython-PYON - Inactive 3y
    TACOxSupreme-xSod - Inactive 4y

Again, Thank you for your time!

I was wondering if there is any resolve to fix this, whether it is leadership transfer, or removal of inactive members from said fit, or removal of the fits in general? Because it does hurt the playerbase.[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  2. CloneXCaptian

Removal of members in these inactive outfits would be great or a setting of new leadership (ex: G00N has between 250-1,000 Officers) There is no actual leadership and most of those officers haven't even logged either. Collectives don't play the game, they absorb numbers and in the end shadow every other fit that actually plays the game. People look for the epic pushes they see on PC videos, but they just don't happen with random players. Takes a pinch of cohesion.
    • Up x 1
  3. CloneXCaptian

Any thoughts?
  4. CloneXCaptian

Some support would be appreaciated.
    • Up x 2
  5. CloneXCaptian

This issue has been around since 2016, still awaiting reply.
  6. boomchacle

Man I never realized there were outfits this large which had leadership this inactive
    • Up x 1
  7. CloneXCaptian

Still waiting for a reply
  8. Mithril Community Manager

We may have an official update about this later in the year. But this concern is definitely noted. Thank you everyone.
    • Up x 3
  9. CloneXCaptian

Bumping this thread because this topic has had a record for years, being ignored in development despite getting a response in forums, please add some sort of fix to the situation, including tags that have been inactive for 5+ years. I, and many others would really like something to be set in stone.
    • Up x 2
  10. CloneXCaptian

Bumping this again as not only do my posts but the community behind these posts get neglected...
    Currently Console is missing:
    Esamir
    Year of The Tiger
    Valentine's Day
    St. Patrick's Day
    Multiple Patches.
    Also would like to get outfit wars for once. Made entire fits for it last year for a huge underwhelming update.
    • Up x 1
  11. CloneXCaptian

Bumping this as a reminder, still no console updates and sadly the collectives are still growing...and hurting the ecosystem for console,