This game is too much Skill to Win for Today's Meh players, A Safety Net is needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ImGladUmad, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Timeraider

meh players deserve meh performance.. thats all i want to say about it. If you dont want an meh performance, try to get yourself promoted to avarage gamer.
    • Up x 1
  2. Dixa

we do need a cert reset option. i really wish i had not bothered with c4 on my engineer, or any of the upgrades on the eidolon and other bad choices that have cost me almost 800 certs out of my 2000 earned total over 60 hours of play. yes, i play too much.

will this create class flipping, fotm chasers? yes. you know what else it does? quickly highlight balance issues for the devs to address sooner than later.
  3. ImGladUmad

I will support Cert resets but it shouldn't be used like everyday IMO.

If I buy a weapon with certs, they should also let me get my certs back.
  4. MobileAssaultDuck

To be honest, the skill ceiling in this game is rock bottom compared to something like Tribes: Ascend.

It's mildly above something like BF.
  5. ImGladUmad

LMFAO.

You must do very well in combat.
  6. MobileAssaultDuck

I'm a support guy, I rack up a lot of XP, so yes, I do quite well in combat.

On the other hand, in Tribes:Ascend I appear as a chicken with my head cut off as guys ski past me at 200 kph and nail me with spinfusors like I'm the size of a barn.

Seriously, there's no comparson, of modern shooters Tribes has probably the highest skill ceiling.

Maybe Shootmania since it was built from the ground up as an e-sport.

In comparison PS2 is really easy, no one is moving at 200 kph.
  7. ImGladUmad

Uhhh being a medic is not combat.

This game does reward non twitch gamers with the ability to get XP tho.....That doesn't mean this game has a low skill lever

Tribes does take skill
  8. MobileAssaultDuck

It's not about twitch why the skill ceiling is lower, it's TTK.

The lower TTK is in a game, the lower the skill ceiling is.

This is because

a) he who shoots first gets a larger advantage the smaller the lifepools are.

and

b) a player must maintain aim for a shooter period of time to kill the player.

The larger the life pools get and the longer TTK becomes, the more a skilled player begins to distance himself from a less skilled player.

Since games like Tribes, or Quake and UT back in the day, have fairly long TTK (assuming you're not getting direct hits with explosives) they have very large skill gaps. You must maintain your crosshair on your target for much longer. In Tribes you must understand the rhythm of jet pack dueling.

Now, PS2 has higher TTK than CoD and BF, so it is a higher skill gap game than those ones, but the TTK is not much higher. The first shooter still gets a major advantage.

The game requires skill, it just doesn't have a skill ceiling or skill gap of equal size to Tribes:Ascend and similar games.
  9. ImGladUmad

Lol angry joe uses a guy who played 70+ hours to get 1000 certs lol.

Then he goes on to claim the game is Pay 2 win which is total BS......Games like LoL takes around 40+ hours to get enough IP for the best champs..

This game rewards skill.

This game totally needs a safety net.
  10. ImGladUmad

Im seeing a lot of pissed off gamers who arn't good at the game complaining about Certs.

SOE we need a Safety Net for these people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Vilmond

Go buy a game card $15.

With your sonybux go buy Rocket Pods for your ESF and the HE cannon/s for your tank/s of choice.

Use your certs to reduce cooldown on your ESF and tanks as a priority.

Now go farm zerglings for fun and profit. The ESF requires the knowledge of how to pilot which is a minor skill but offers insane rewards. The tanks on the other hand can just be parked within range of a spawn area or choke point and slaughter infantry. Congrats you are farming the P2W style (the fastest way).

Maybe you are poor and can't drop $15 on the game? No problem, you can play medic or engineer! I'd suggest engineer starting off and use your first 50 certs to get an AMS for your sundy. From there just make sure to resupply and repair like nobodies business don't even worry about your gun or turret they are just extra weight to slow you down so you arn't too OP. Once you have your AMS start leveling up your medic gun once you have it to around lv3-4 feel free to start revive farming, just stand back abit from a choke point and rez people as they die to nade/spam use your AOE heal simply as a self heal so you can keep going longer, again your actual weapons are just there to slow you don't just keep that medic tool out and going for a nice point farm.

The free route is slower, but its effective for the cost. The paid version is faster but requires a slight amount of skill in being able to point in the general direction of opponents and use splash weapon spam.
  12. Ohanka

Your OP gave me cancer.
  13. ImGladUmad

Is ok man, is ok...Too many facts.
  14. ImGladUmad

We need this SOE.....People like Angry Joe are making the game look bad by posting people who get 14 certs and hour as the average gamer.
  15. ImGladUmad

After seeing going from double XP to regular XP.

I think you guys really need a safety net.
  16. ImGladUmad

Without double xp, we need a safety net now.
  17. GraphicJ

The game hardly has skill. It's an easy game. Not to hate on PS2, I love it but if you want to talk about skill and real teamplay play PS1 or even BF2.
  18. f0d

i know right? i have seen them complain about all sorts of silly stuff just today i saw someone complain about not wanting to wear flak armor to protect them from mines
    then you have the people that complain about AV mines and prox mines - its like they dont use their eyes
    i have even seen people complain about rocket launchers on infantry - which you need a direct hit to kill, you must be pretty bad to be hit with one of those with how slow they are
  19. Sillywaffle

this game requires no skill to win, just play TR its easy mode then fly around in a liberator and nuke everything and you will be rank 100 in no time :)

or hack or bug abuse about 50% of ps2's population whats left of it are doing this.
  20. Sillywaffle

btw your sig is terrible

1. you can outrun those esf missiles easily
    2. it takes time to lock on which you are usualy dead anyway by the frontal chain gun :D
    3. most dogfighting use lock on missiles nowdays even in irl