Things That Need To Be Reverted Back.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ps2pIayer, Apr 10, 2024.

1. Ps2pIayer

Light Assault - Locklets (Rocket Rifle Lock on missles) - removal of this made Air to ground more annoying, the way air to ground is implemented in this game doesn't even fit well either. if youre concerned about it being spammed, simply lower its ammo count / range while buffing its projectile speed.

Carbines - Burst Fire and Single Shot mode (Braindead choice removal, literally every shooter has that kind of option in game to do so with your weapon. . . )

Flashes - Maxes Riding on the passenger seat of Flash - Remove cloak, Revert this option to make flashes useful still.

Power knives - Literally one of the most fun things to do in game was removed to cater to a minority of crybabies who no longer play the game?

Crown Bridge to T.I Alloys - Cmon, how long do we have to wait for this.

Construction Pillbox - allow this building to have a shielded windows, as its the only building used for one specific purpose, placing a spawn tube inside of it.

Construction - A.I Module (only for infantry turret) - Anti Tank Anti Air Cant use it to keep the crybabies satisfied. - spit fires exist, its funny how the double edge sword people have with A.I but dont talk about spit fires that can be spammed and also cause frame rate drops.

Cortium bombs - No damage to construction, still has its uses in battles, lower the timer to 5-10 secs, placed correctly can stop a bum rush.

Amaterasu knife range - why nerf to not allow us to have fun ?

P.S - construction bridge really needs a module slots, it dies within 20 secs to 1 tank . . . place module slots on the bridge itself. silo and pillbox can be placed underneath bridge, great for coverage, and great to use top of bridge as a tower outpost to shoot from.
  2. Effect

Neutral.

Neutral.

Sure.

No thanks.

Sure.

Sure, if the shield isn't a one-way.

No thanks.

Sure.

No thanks, Amaterasu has been the best knife in the game since it was released and still is after the range nerf.

Neutral.
  3. karlooo

What needs to be reverted back is the game pre Esamir, Shattered Warpgate.
    Remove all content that came with Shattered Warpgate. The assets, the quests/missions, the new map itself, the graphical adjustments. (Containment sites can be reused but IMO that base should be designed using the basic Planetside 2 assets, and not the new ones that came with Sanctuary, which I also believe should leave)
    And ultimately do the same for Oshur. Remove all adjustments made to the game for Oshur itself, including the graphical adjustments (2022) and then start working on the game lol.

Because pretty much it's getting to a point where many complain about the game being unplayable. FPS drop is too much. They can't lower resolution because they want to use their large monitor.
    I was looking at some test recording I made with my PC in 2020 on high graphics, including shadows and such, full resolution (2GB graphics card). Battle was on the Crown with more than 100 players. It could maintain a stable 60 FPS, motion blur countered any stuttering that may have occurred during split moments and the game was perfectly playable, visually it looked more appealing.... Now my PC with same graphical settings (all new options disabled) has trouble handling 50 FPS at warpage with nothing there... So, it could not be clearer that there is a big problem lol. (In fact input lag is much worse today on high graphics, it's very noticeable to a point where you need to lower graphics options to minimal values. Whereas before it wasn't noticeable)
    • Up x 2
  4. TRspy007

Reverting Esamir and adding the crown - T.I. bridge would be nice. Honestly I did prefer the old cortium bombs since they could be used against non-construction stuff. A few times I placed one behind a camping tank and got a kill. If they can't notice a bomb or move after 20s, they deserve it. It something I forgot about but honestly wouldn't mind seeing them back.

Construction stuff I can't really comment on, though I do find this system much more limiting than before. Maybe we could add shielded windows back to the buildings but make it so it only stops vehicle rounds? The AI modules on the turrets were too powerful though, they would basically instakill infantry. If they were to be reintroduced they'd need to be tweaked.

For the knives they're fine, the power knives are still 1hk btw on a headshot. At least it makes it harder for a stalker vampire infil to wipe out a squad by just spamming the knife. Same for the amaterasu, it's basically an infinite ammo commish, it doesn't need more range.
  5. FLHuk

Every suggestion post should include Catbus for the sunderer update.

If we're asking for things that no one will read and or even consider then Catbus!
    • Up x 2
  6. JarredGalaxy

The rocket rifle for LA is a rather interesting tool with a nice amount of diversity, giving the Light Assault a proper tool slot like every other class has. They definitely should have the lock-on rockets back given the current A2G annoyance from ESFs and Liberators.

Carbines I don't have much to say but i think the Repeater should get its semi-auto mode back.

The Flash should keep the cloak but yeah MAXes should be able to ride on them to give at least some better usage.

Power knives being able to OHK? Yes it's literally the only thing they really had gunning for them over the standard knives.

The stone arch at The Crown & Ti Alloys Inc definitely needs to come back as it wasn't just a gameplay feature it was a natural landmark of Indar, but it should also include a change in CP layout at The Crown like either the C point being relocated over to that side or a 4th point being added on that side. Post about that https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/1bgbato/indar_the_crown_restore_the_stone_bridgearch/

Cortium bombs I agree need to come back as they once were, they had some decent uses especially against shielded Sunderers which can be a pain to destroy with just infantry and without additional support.

Amaterasu knife range - why nerf to not allow us to have fun ? Now this no, that knife is already annoying enough with the on-going issues with infiltrators, if anything it needs another nerf to its damage.
  7. AuricStarSand

Ye. 2nd this.

TBH just cortium bomb returning and rock bridge would be fine.
    I miss cort bomb for infil, for doors.

As for Esamir; sure. Steeleshore bridge north had good vehicle fights before.
    When their was a official base to the right of steeleshore.
    Other than that Esamir prob needs one bio lab.

TBH the bio should just replace Baldur amp.
    Or any small base to replace amp stations.
    Amp stations are worst than containment sites by far.
    People like to farm Advari and Mani, it's only Ymir containment that they ignore.
    However most Amp Stations are ignored x10 more often then Advari site or Mani is.

So if anything keep Advari and Mani; then delete only Ymir site for something else.
    While deleting most of the Amp Stations the game has. & deleting many tech plants too.
    Yet I already wrote about that.

As for SW assets; I do believe they should add Shattered Warpgate jungle trees to the sides of the nexus map.
    With official spawn rooms, designed the way the Pommel Gardens spawn room is bunker styled.

Until HA get a better counter to power knifes, they won't return. & AI turrets don't need to return. Theirs way more people defending silos & manning your turrets; these days; than when AI was a thing.

What silos do need is skyshield module to be allowed to equip to the silo & not for the rebirth center.
    So small locations don't get flailed. & to get a 2nd spotlight decoration to see infils.
  8. JarredGalaxy

Esamir why I would not directly protest a SWU roll back I do believe there is potential that update brought given Esamir had some problems even before but in terms of facilities I have been drawing up a proposal regarding the major facilities, and I disagree with your statement about Amp Stations, they are a pretty well designed facility overall especially the 3 CP ones, it's usually the single cap point ones that are such a pain.

My basic main facility layout change involves removing/replacing the 2 new Amp Stations and bringing back the 2 old ones Elli and Nott, especially Nott it was a cool design having 3 gateshields, and also bringing back 2 of the Bio Labs.

Andvari and Ymir Bio Labs are put back in their old locations, the Andvari compound wall restored and made into a 4 CP Bio Lab with the D point located down in the compound similar to Saurva. Ymir will have a slight overhaul by making use of the 2 tower structures to serve as like Sunderer garages like they currently do, the old satellite bases also put back into the lattice.

Jord Amp Station will be replaced by a redesigned Nott being put back on old location to the east still under the name "Jord", additionally it will be upgraded to a 3 CP Amp Station having the CP layout like Baldur, making better use of its 3rd shield on the back. The satellite bases may prove a bit of an issue given the close proximity to the warpgate, Elli Amp Station would simply be restored and its south barracks satellite base also put back into the lattice, along with Everett Supply Co to bring back those lands in the south, this will keep the concept of all 3 Amp Stations being unique in layout and design without the annoyance of the CTC.

The Ymir Containment Site will be removed and replaced by the Excavion DS-01E outpost that was there before so 2 major facilities are not in such close proximity. Next is a new Containment Site with the old CP layout they had with one cap point inside the tempest room, will go in place of Baldur Amp "Baldur Containment Site" which will now give Esamir Mani and Baldur Containment Site with them both being unique in their respective layouts to create a bit of diversity among them.

This I think would be a solid "compromising" approach for Esamir overall that keeps some new content and brings back some old, and would no doubt alter the way battles are fought on the continent. Will give Esamir a facility compliment of 1 Tech Plant, 2 Bio Labs, 3 Amp Stations and 2 Containment SItes.
  9. AuricStarSand

Well. Even if you like Amp Stations, the numbers don't.
    Advari Containment site is 1000% more popular than Baldur Amp.

Baldur is right next door to Watersons' the best real estate area of the map.
    Essentially Baldur " if people liked Amp stations,
    which they don't "; would be as popular as Echo Valley.
    & Echo Valley is 2000% more popular than Baldur Amp.

If someone wants big bases; then yes they may vote for the new interlinks you've suggested.
    However anything remotely similar to a amp, wouldn't be wise. Theirs no saving amp stations.

They gotta USE the WALLS. Look at Suarva Bio Lab; top left of Indar. looks good for a desert screenshot. Yet the walls are so meaningless. Who's gonna use walls for a bio lab fight? nobody. The walls are only used for a jumpad, nothing more. Pointless.

Amp stations similar situation, barely any good wall fights. The building to build fights are mostly lame generator runs. Amp stations always take 64 guys to fight 48 defenders. Always have to bring more. Tho the issue with amp's isn't base design on paper; isn't just simply fixing the gens; it's the farms. THE FARM IS BORING at amp stations.

& I don't have to prove that. Dahaka Amp? Psh nobody much. Zurvan amp, ignored. Freyr Amp totally ignored. The list goes on. Not popular. They're road blocks to better small bases. Baldur for sure needs to go.
    Then Heyoka should be Hunters Blind #2 with roads to it from Nasons.

Excavion DS-01E is good. sure. Nott is a good base. More the merrier of Nott Comm's.

I don't think Esamir desperately needs a bio lab. People tend to play bio labs at Amerish right side has 2. Indar's Bio lab near TI is easy to path to, it's just often ignored. Then theirs 2 Hossin Bio Labs. I think Esamir having 1 with the shield windows & sure lower level point. Do I think Esamir needs 2 bio labs? not really. 1's okay.

& ye Lab probably traded for Ymir site.

However Elli forrest is a buzz kill. Not exciting enough I guess,
    so people don't venture past Elli tower to the right.
    Roads to the bot right of Esamir need to be more obvious to see.

Theirs no fixing Amp Stations, the best feature of a Amp Station, isn't the A room garage, isn't the mediocore buildings you run past when trying to start the generator. It's the walls. & the walls don't have points on them, nor do I want them to for a Amp. Nor do I want Amp Stations. If anything Amps block the links, make traveling less fun.

If you're gonna take the best of amps, that's the walls. Then toss walls; similar to Matsuda Genetics. Build the walls around Elli Tower, Crossroads, & most boring towers. Also Matsuda has crates, a few buildings within the walls, & trees too. Towers which I also am not a fan of. Well fan of Matsuda Genetics only; not the other wallless towers.

So walls for towers; delete amps; good day.
  10. karlooo

NO, BUT SERIOUSLY, THESE DEVS SHOULD REVERT THEIR GRAPHICAL ADJUSTEMENTS!!!!
    The game is literally unplayable nowadays, unless you degrade graphics so much that Minecraft graphics look more appealing.
    (Also, the higher graphic's new glossy look on objects doesn't appear any better than how the game was before. The metallic objects had such a material before. I don't understand these adjustments)

They should have been looking into what was causing lag before they attempted to adjust graphics... It was no secret many community cosmetics were causing lag (I noticed this long time ago with ultra textures), NSO causing lag.... They should have looked into it and fixed them.
    Now I face certain directions, like on Esamir just a few seconds ago, and -40 FPS... What the **** is causing me to lose 40 FPS.

Also, when I engage some players it's as if my game starts collapsing.
    When I engage new players, more bullets seem to hit them. When I engage others, most of the time they somehow decrease my fire rate with ultra lag... WHY!
    They added problems on top of problems on top of problems.
    • Up x 1
  11. TRspy007

True performance nowadays is even worse than i remember, even on better hardware. Even on low settings there's some places where I get crazy fps drops just facing a direction or entering a building. They should really try to fix this so the game's more streamlined.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ps2pIayer

i forgot to add, ( i was there when all this happened ) WREL removed Maxes from Flashes because of the new Flash weapons that came out during that time "buzzard, flamethrower, etc" Those weapons were super busted when they first came out and where deleting all the tanks very easily, especially the VS one, it just took two rounds to delete a MBT from behind + the max to finish it off, however, cloak existed as well which was making this even more terrible.

well, those weapons were absolutely nerfed to dogwater and are no where near as strong as they once were.

if cloak from flash is EVER removed, then slight weapon buffs to those new weapons should happen as well as bringing back the max as passenger seat.

And now that i think of it, valks can have maxes back in passenger seats as well too.

Wrel took out lot of fun things to do in the game and its one of the reasons why the playerbase dwindled over time, not everyone likes to be a sweaty outfit player region to region. these days i dont even do the objective, quests or any of the sort, i literally just log on and kill infantry and tanks and ESFS and pay no attention to any objective anymore as its simply boring and one dimensional.

the javelin is literally the only thing fun for me in this game, if it was gone, i would be long gone too as there isnt anything in this game that amuses me anymore.
  13. T.A.94

I can't remember ever seeing a MAX on the passengerseat of a flash. Except the bugged LightAssault/MAX hybrid.
    It would have been pretty unlucky if one HEAT, HE or AP shot hit it. This would equal 500 nanites back then down the drain.

You guys shure you arn't talking about the Harasser?
    Back when PS:A came out a lot of players wanted a change for the passengers on the PS2 Harasser, so they can turn 360° there as well.
    That could have been busted with a MAX riding along.
  14. Aris12

You got my vote if you ever run for office.
    I would salvage the derelict vehicles that they had going on for a few months soon after they released Shattered warpgate.
    IMO, this is best deleted altogether. Those facilities are not fun to play in. Too big, too much running to get to the action, not to mention the long crabwalks that flankers need to take using those ducts.
    Reverting the Oshur changes would make it less AIDS, but that is still AIDS. Deleting altogether is the best course of action. Wrel 2.0 (not to be confused with Wrel) acknowledged in some developer post that nobody likes Oshur, however, the developer team is too prideful of Oshur to let go of it. Some excuse along the lines of "too many players have progressed the Oshur directives that we (developers) feel it unfair to strip them of their progress."

100% relatable. Noticed similar trend with my computer.
  15. r1po

No to 1.
    Rest don't care.

If you use Rocklets as AA against ESFs (lockon or not), you're lost. A2G / G2A needs balancing, yes, but surely not that.