[Suggestion] Things LA Needs

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Commando235, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Commando235

We need a lot of things to complete this class
    We had C4 nerfed so many times and had icarus jump jets taken out
    I'm NOT saying to buff C4

Dual Wield:
    Possibly to replace a secondary slot
    Absolutely would need to be only usable with pistols
    Wouldn't be able to ADS
    Damage WOULD NOT be 2x of the pistol damage
    It could essentially just be a boost in rate of fire with maybe like a 1.5 damage increase

New Jet Packs:
    Icarus Jump Jets
    Thrust Pack- Thrusts the user forward maybe 10 meters (I'm bad with measurements)
    Grav-Pack- Basically would make the user jump higher in a forward arc
    Wing Jet Pack- lets the user change the direction they are flying in without losing momentum; Also would fly a bit faster

A New Weapon That Can Be Used In Medium Or Long Range
    Yes I know about the Pulsar C and the TR AMC and the ACX-11 but those are carbines
    I am NOT saying give LA assault rifles
    Here is my idea

Revamped Battle Rifle-
    Rename the current battle rifle to Marksman Rifle
    These new battle rifles would 3 or 4 round burst with a full auto attachment
    They could possibly be bullpup (hint hint; see where I'm going with this)
    Decent damage possibly like 190-220 something like that
    Of course each one would have there factions specific stats like TR's high ROF NC's high damage and VS's no bullet drop and decent recoil

Something for the Tool Slot
    Maybe a melee weapon of some sort

Any other ideas?
  2. Kayth

I really don't like dual wielding personally. As long as it is only pistols, I won't gripe about it. I would like another mid-range option.

Other things I think are in need would be an Adrenaline pump buff as well as fixing both our special nades.

A class specific utility comparable to C4. Also, like you suggested, a few more Jets would be nice. Oh and of course a tool does need to implemented. I believe that the tool can be somewhat none-impactful, maybe something more situational, due to the class actually being fairly effective with only C4 and jets as is.
  3. Iridar51

Adrenaline Pump to passive systems, more JJ speed and fuel, more JJ options, fix class specific grenades.

Certainly not MORE close range options like dual wield. I just can't imagine a situation where 2 pistols would be better than shotgun, carbine or SMG.

What we need to dual wield is med kits and C4. As LA operating at enemy's flank, we often don't have access to medics, and this would go a way to deal with "LA can't be rezzed on the roof" problem.

I also believe this game has to go away with artificial restrictions like "ARs only for medics, and HA can have only LMGs", and instead use weight/encumbrance system, but that will probably happen never.
  4. Kayth

I don't like the idea of giving every class every weapon, because I think it is something that gives them diversity. However, I would be in full support of a weight / encumbrance system.

I think that would allow all classes to use all weapons, but could provide indirect class oriented items via specific weight. Many people have also recommended different items to be implemented, but at the cost of only using specific weapon classes as a balancing effect. Incorporating this system is the only way that this type of balance would make sense to me. I don't think that class ability or passives should effect weight, only actual equipment.

It may never be implemented, but I agree that it could be a great balance and fun improvement.
  5. Iridar51

May be right about that, but at least heavy assault and light assault should have access to assault rifles. I'd even go as far as to remove assault rifles from medics, but that'll never happen, becaue **** storm on medic forum will arise.
    Making carbines available to them would be good though, because lower equip time will be valuable for them.
  6. Hoki

Why would you want assault rifles? Carbines are just as good in every way.

Between the jaguar and the t5 amc what could you possibly want?
  7. Commando235

And VS and NC have what?
  8. Iridar51

I want to be more effective at longer ranges. ARs have a higher bullet velocity (with the exception of low dps T5 AMC) and, most importantly, retain more damage at range, because their minimum damage is a tier higher than carbines'.
    Some of ARs even have lower recoil.
    ARs are the golden middle between long range and close range, the most versatile weapon in the game. Why wouldn't I want it?
    The only advantage carbines really have over ARs are hip-fire COF, but that's kinda pointless unless you hip-fire, and carbines aren't real hip-fire weapons anyway, unless you use laser sights, which limits range effectiveness even further.
    Besides, it really grinds my gears that support class has assault rifles and the assault class has support weapons.

LA has a controversy. We're supposed to be quick and mobile class, that gets close and personal with enemies, but when we do that, we're outgunned/out-utility-ed by all other classes that have overshields and various abilities and tools.

It's hard to be "get in, strike fast and hard" class, when you have only your gun, that turns into pea-shooter past 50m.

That's why I want ARs, even when we have Jag, the most amazing carbine in the game.
    • Up x 1
  9. Kayth

Those are just the mid-range carbines, I'm know all factions have them.