These new vehicle guns

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DonkeyX, Sep 20, 2015.

1. DonkeyX

...Are so fing stupid. Harrassers should not be able to take out tanks and sunderers in 5 seconds. And the range on these weapons is ridiculous. It only serves to make the game even more about Zerging. What idiot at Day Break decided these were a good idea? What was the logic behind this? There isn't a single old-school weapon that comes close to these.

My assumption is that the kid of one of the new "investors" was upset that he couldn't kill tanks because he couldn't figure out how to sneak up on them with a light infantry or take them down with a few engineers. So he says "daddy, daddy, the baddies in PS2 make the game too hard for me to play", so Daddy tells the producers to add these sh*t weapons; So we had to make a super weapon so every nub can bury an entire platoon of Magriders or Prowlers by holding their right mouse button down. ZERO skill involved.

I've been playing the game for almost 3 years now and I have never complained about ANY of the changes to the game, EVER. Not once. But these new weapons are BY FAR the stupidest "enhancement" to the game to date. My feeling is that this is only the first of the post-Higby stupidity to come. Battlefront can't come out soon enough.
    • Up x 1
  2. FateJH

Based on what kind of thought process?
  3. TheMish

I've gunned Gatekeeper Harassers, own one myself, and gunned Vulcan H harassers, and own a Vulcan myself.

Never have I had anyone take anything out in 5 seconds, or 10 seconds.

Never have I been taken out in such time either.

Only tanks, full force hitting engines.

You're exaggerating.

But besides that, yeah, there are A LOT of problems, but they are all remnants of Higby's era, that's the idiot you should be angry at.

The new crew is fixing things. You have more reason to trust these guys, mainly because Higby, king ****, and his right hand downy, Smedley are gone.
    • Up x 2
  4. Jubikus

The new guns are simply counterparts to weapons that already existed for the same purpose the only thing they have changed is now every side can use close range harasser obliteration or tank sniping for sundys. Harassers are only overpowered in cost they do pack a wollop but they are a 2 man operation unless your go solo turret mode but a solo harasser is usually really easy to deal with. As for zero skill involved for harassers eh the gunner has to lead properly depending on the distance and weapon but its not much the driver on the other hand has to make sure he moves around properly as to not get obliterated because they are squishy and can be damaged by anything that shoots.

As for your battlefront comment well enjoy it but they arnt the same game Planetside is the only game that does what it does. All other fps games are self contained matches usually with a cap of 32 vs 32 with a progression system tossed in for longevity.

Also your whole playing for 3 years and not complained about any changes in the game EVER i dont really believe this it seems more like a ive been playing for 3 years and this is the first change that has pissed me off enough to complain in the forums instead of just saying to myself or friends **** that op piece of **** vanu piece of crap nerf druids.
  5. DonkeyX

Honestly, no other changes really bothered me. I play the game for fun so I don't usually get my panties in a bunch over tiny things. All 3 people who replied have been playing for a long time and if you don't see the difference between these new guns against the guns that have been in the game for 3 years, then I don't know what to say. They have way longer range, do significantly more damage per second and take much less skill to use.

Ok, maybe I am exaggerating a bit on the time to take out a vehicle, but none-the-less these new weapons can take down sunderders and mags/prowlers/vans quicker then any other weapons ever put in the game. If anything new players with little armor on their vehicles are going to get slammed by the high-level players. It made things worse for new players.

What exactly did they fix or are they fixing? A new GUI? LOL. In general terms of gameplay I don't see much difference between now and a year ago, nor do I see "A LOT" of problems. The game was fine under Higby. Most, if not all, of the whining about what a terrible human being he was were based on insignificant changes. The game wouldn't even exist without he and Smedley, so I don't get why people are so peaved. Did he kill your dog or something?

No, I don't have any faith in the new people running this game. If adding weapons like this are the grand future of PS2 that Higby never understood, then the game is going down hill. You may not agree and think that Day Break is God's gift to the world, but not me. I stand by my statement that these new weapons are pure sh*t.
  6. SwornJupiter

Don't put your faith in EA for a solid Battlefront game...
    They f***ed up Hardline.
    Also they have 5 CONFIRMED DLCS FOR BATTLEFRONT BEFORE THE GAME HAS EVEN LAUNCHED WTF
    • Up x 2
  7. Villanuk

I agree that hassers should not have the exactly the same weapons that are on a tank, its way to powerful with something that can sit on a hill then whizz around.

I think the whole hasser concept needs to be addressed.
  8. DeltaValkyrie

I play this game for free so I am not obligated under any circumstance to defend it. Personally I think you are upset about something ... not sure what it is but it's not my business to interefere/delve into it.

Firstly about the 3 new weapons introduced are IMO good additions to the game. TR got a long range weapon, NC and VS finally got something short-ranged. Although people may debate whether they are balanced it not I still think they are good additions.

First thing neither the Mjolnir or the Aphelion are outperforming the Vulcan (the thing that it's based on) so if you are complaining about things getting shredded quickly, you probably aren't used to it or have corporate blindness (having worked in a specific environment for so long change comes REALLY hard for you). The Gatekeeper is shown to be very accurate but less lethal than its other 2 counterparts (Saron and Enforcer) in terms of pure DPS.

Secondly... they cost 550 certs ffs, if anything they made it EASIER for new players to get into the game, as someone who drives around a STOCK harrasser (solo) and still able to destroy stuff shows that you don't need a fully decked out platform to benefit from them.

Third, they are doing a great job optimising stuff. I respect the fact that they are still working on it and slowly but steadily my frames are rising. If you don't see anything different it probably means that your PC is way better than mine or you just don't want to see what is being done. As for why people are upset at Higby... he was a nice guy (don't get me wrong) but he interfered way too much and created a whole bunch of problems.

Adding weapons = new content and to be honest I think by adding the weapons has made the game more interesting ... give it some time (they haven't had a year yet ffs).
    • Up x 1
  9. DonkeyX

You have been playing for less than a year, so your opinion means little to be honest.
    • Up x 1
  10. Kristan

here comes peenor measuring :D
    • Up x 2
  11. Deffington

You don't really mean that, do you?
  12. Hatesphere

My lightning has been eating these CQC guns alive lately, most people dont know how to use them. run rival and keep your armor on them and they tickle for the most part. ( a rival boosted reverse turn pretty much robs a flanking harasser of rear armor damage when they are using one of these CQC guns)

If you're in a MBT then you need to get a good gunner, then 90-% of your harasser issues will go away.
    • Up x 1
  13. task_master

yes, the new weapons definitely take down vehicles faster than AP+halberd prowlers and libs do
  14. Scr1nRusher

Guys...... I feel the Warp coming on..................................................................................................................
  15. OldMaster80

It also seems to me the biggest problem is with harassers. I haven't seen anyone so far complaining about the new weapons on tanks.
  16. Campagne

Gatekeeper?

If not, then I'd happily complain about it for you. :p
    • Up x 1
  17. bLind db

Hey man, have you been here since beta?
  18. bubbacon

All I hear is ******** from old Tank Heads that have made bank for years sitting in cozy armored boxes. Years ago you guys *****ed about RLs, then AV Turets, then Harrassers. EZ mode days are over so LTP and deal with it.

If your in a MB without a gunner...well yeah you might get dealt with. Thats not DBG fault. Thats your ******* running solo. If you can't wreck a Harrasser with AP and appropriate gunner platform...find another source of cert gain.
  19. WetPatch

Only thing your feeling is the verbal diarrhea rumbling in your throat.
  20. Leftconsin

This is what happens when we get fun new toys. Someone is going to think they are OUTRAGEOUSLY OVERPOWERED!

DBG has done a good job on the new harasser weapons.
    • Up x 4