[Suggestion] Thermal Optics (Possible Balance Changes)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PS2xProphecy, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Pikachu

Yes Esamir would be blue with players running around like yellow candles. I don't know if Hossin water would do anything. At night players would be more visible.
  2. zeroxpain

We did som suggestions in the bring back thermals tread but its a pretty hot topic

>like shorter range
    >smaller heat Signiture
    >they changed it to threat dectation so why arent mexes and heavies showing up they ar a threat
    >planetmen getting a option to cent points on a thermal shield 25% less heat 50% less 75% and 100% would take up shield spot

Even if it needed a nerf seems like the lazy way to do it and alot of cents/db cash went into them now you see tanks that were already big and aircraft that you also spot at long ranges

Even if you support this major nerf noone shoud support how they did it
  3. Vesorak

Perhaps the thermal optics could work the same way they used to, but only effect a small circle on the screen, similar to the view down a scoped weapon or possibly smaller. This would allow them to be assist with identifying targets rather than using the scope to find targets for you over vast areas.
  4. BrbImAFK

As I said in the other thermals thread, the thermal nerf was necessary because G2A is crap. That doesn't mean that the thermal nerf was a good idea - I think it was stupid. The solution is to fix G2A. Once you've done that, having old thermals exactly as they were would've been fine imo.