There was a problem getting the list of files for download. An update may be in progress. Please try

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Truk, Sep 16, 2016.

1. NordicNorseGuy

+1 for this ^
    • Up x 3
  2. Niamar

They can fix it or I won't log in, it's that simple. The silence on their end, on this issue, is all that matters to me.
  3. MeF[RUS]

I cant save the file "hosts" with necessary changes in the folder. It says i need network administrator rights... Tried to turn off Kaspersky... useless. Any solutions? Thanks
  4. saronyogg

i did read the solution of adding some ip adress
    But what for?
    In windows directory?
    Something its odd?
  5. omegalpha

save in hosts.old then rename it to hosts and original hosts to hosts.old... but im tellin ya it aint working 4 m
  6. guerrillaman

This problem is basically...

DBG wants you to validate your software before you log in.
    The location on the "interwebs" for the software updates recently changed.
    Your ISP has not noticed the change yet so you can't validate your software.

So...

DBG won't let you log in.

Editing and updating the hosts file does work.
  7. omegalpha

so what are we suppose to do
  8. ninjaiguana

Yep, the hosts file tweak worked first time for me. Good stuff!
  9. CaptCran

Can you post a step by step guide here and hold my hand while I follow the steps whispering "it will be alright" in my ear ??? thanks!
  10. iSm4rt_4rum

ism4rt SOLUTION/"WORK AROUND" (maybe) for "There was a problem getting the list of files for download. An update may be in progress"

1/ Open Task Manager, find LaunchPad.exe then "End task" this process.
    2/ Delete all content in 2 directory :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\LaunchPad.Cache
    C:\Users\<YOUR PC USERNAME>\AppData\LocalLow\Daybreak Game Company\Digests

3/ Open C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc, copy the host file to somewhere, then open that host file and add this link :

64.37.169.11 manifest.patch.daybreakgames.com

After that, copy back that edited version to etc folder (overwrite it)

NOTICE :
    "manifest.patch.daybreakgames.com" is RIGHT
    "manifest.patch.station.sony.com" is WRONG

3/ Open Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center. Click on Wifi Connection >> Propeties >> IPV4 >>> Change the DNS to OpenDNS

4/ Open Launpad again and you maybe good to go.

This WorkAround is not my complete seft-made. I google the solution around from other sweet guy, tried every single of them then combine to a single solution, thanks to all of you and hope this help !
    • Up x 2
  11. MeF[RUS]

I found the solution by myself. If you cant save the file hosts - go to its properties - security - in groups and users search for that one where is no full acess and put the mark opposite.
  12. TechedKiller

I have just reset my router and the game has let me in :)
  13. guerrillaman

imsrt has the right answer and guide.
  14. dQQb

15. BattGuano

I was playing all day yesterday and as of this morning I am now getting this error - is there a fix for it?
  16. MikeC0bretti

“open an administrator notepad,
    open file: c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    add line: 64.37.169.11 manifest.patch.station.sony.com (no # in front of the line)
    save
    ur done.”
    Working for me. Sad the developers took no action so far...
  17. cleverName

Guys, I've just been having this problem. The only thing that worked was changing the hosts file. It appears that daybreak have changed what domain name the IP address points to (removing sony and adding daybreak's name), and this basically borks everything.

Honestly, just add "64.37.169.11 manifest.patch.station.sony.com" to your hosts file and itr works.
  18. Dishwater

Well, it's not working anymore..
  19. SilentSueRia

20. iSm4rt_4rum

i tried google dns but didn't work, that's why i change to open dns