There is a general consensus among players that FPS & DeSync issues should be #1 Priority.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by amazinnblazin, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArcKnight

even if we used in-game bug report the devs won't do anything other than adding more content
  2. CannedBullets

Yeah, I've said it before but I think a lot of players could care less about shiny new toys to play with if their game can't run smoothly without altering the ini files which is something gamers shouldn't have to do just to get a slight FPS boost.
  3. varangian

Totally agreee, the desync in particular is getting insane and the FPS goes down the tube with it. I've just tried, and given up, playing on Miller. Fine in at the warp gate, it can cope with the usual dopes trying to shoot the floor and missing, but go to any moderately intense battle and it all falls apart. I gave up playing engie as my ammo packs wouldn't dispense but the weapons terminal wouldn't recognise I was there. Five minutes later the 'E' key hits I'd done kicked in and I got the selection screen popping up multiple times. Likewise with actual gameplay, one trooper ran past me 3 times in a row, off the platform, vanishing then re-appearing behind me again. Eventually he turned up for real (I think) and did something more plausible. Don't know whether my client was just trying to extrapolate from the last update it had or whether the server was just hopelessly confused but either way it's unplayable.
  4. ArcKnight

I suggest we BOYCOTT the Market place, and not renew any subscriptions till this is resolved

I'm frankly sick of new content

its basically been we're working hard on it so in the meantime we have some new toys for you to buy till then

how the devs interpret our feedback
    skip to 2:45

when we asked them to nerf the prowler HE & HEAT, we didn't want every other explosive and tank round nerfed
    when we ask for something we want only that, not a messed up version of it even if it does work
  5. Kvakva

I am getting sick of this, every 10 mins a desync, lag. I run or fly and get killed a minute later wtf. SOE fix the effin performance.
  6. Stigler

+1

/signed

Agreed, drop everything else and fix the desync and improve the optimization.

I feel like a complete sucker for spending cash on this now. I figured that for the hours of decent gaming I have had aside from the bugs it was worth the cost of a game title. I did the 3month 50% boost as my certs were coming really slow and figured I would use it with the double xp weekend, what I sucker I was, the desync and bugs started last night and ruined today. Color me a fool!

I have spent hours tweaking my system and ocing up and down drivers, firmware, defrags, low process use, all to keep 45-60 fps avg even in big battles going in Ultra, render 1.15 until GU4. Now I am cpu bound, the Nvidia Beta 314.21 says 23% increase for most titles over WHQL 314.07, I updated and now only have CPU listed at ALL times. CPU isnt even that worked. Passmark gives me a score for Vid and CPU on equal to a stock i7 3770k and gtx 680.

I wish I had not done the Beta, because the Beta play is what pulled me in, had I started on release day I would not have had the patience to stick with it. But the Beta was great and so was the Faction Balance, I was just waiting for the more strategic metagame which was one the way. Survived the VS nerfs and weapon nerfs and buffs just to be desynced/bugged/warped to death.
  7. Shralla

Ditto. I spent twenty bucks and even though it was during a 3x sale, I still feel ripped off. I don't even play anymore because the entire attraction for me was to join/make an outfit and play semi-competitively, but that's impossible when I get 15 FPS when anybody's actually fighting.
  8. oLd.Sneakers

I agree the performance and desynching is killing the fun.

When flying ESF ABs fail 70% of the time, they litterally never work when you want them to.

The game lags more then ever due to the cpu bottleneck of the engine, go figure when your using dx9 and 2 core support only /golfclap.

FPS is all over the place, i7 Xeon W3520 @ 4.5 ghz HT off I see 5 fps, 10 fps 150 fps, 65 fps, 45 fps, 35 fps all going up and down never stable never really predictable.

VR zone = no lag b/c there is not 200 ppl in there ( or maybe there is but its coded properly? ) regular battlefield the nummber of ppl kil the performance, game as of today is worse then during the 1st week in technical beta.
  9. fdykn

+1 not one euro is spent until i have proper fps.
  10. munchousen

I also concur. I absolutely love the game, and equally loathe the performance. After the last update and the performance hit, I've finally gotten a bit sour. Internally, the two game development areas of optimization and additional shop content are not necessarily related, but for myself, I have lost any desire for additional content and toys until I can use them in a playground that is much smoother and enjoyable. Above all else, please make this so.

AMD8120, 16Gb Ram
  11. Watz

If you follow the forums, you'll get the impression that at least 50% of the bug reports are somehow related to desync issues, either because of timing issues on the client or obviously overloaded servers. Most of the bugs have already been seen before and just seem to have reappeared or happen more often after GU4. And it may not be a coincidence that CPU load went up (and FPS down) so much with that update, too. This your no. 1 problem. As a dev I'd say: Make the problem reprucible through a test server and fix it. It'll relax the whole situation -alot-.

The other myriad of bugs introduced with GU4 is embarassing but certainly not game breaking.

You seriously need a test concept.
  12. Fremen

I agree with all the post here. There is too many problems impacting the game play right now. It's making the game unplayable.
    I would say there is 3 major issues(FPS, de-sync and blank screen) plus the ongoing stability issue when releasing a new major content patch. It's like we're going back the beta phase for a week each time. I don't know what kind of testing they do before but it's really really bad.
  13. Codeak

Just fix it once and you're done SOE right?? right..?
  14. RadarX

As this has gotten a little off technical issues (beyond what other threads are already providing us) I'm going to go ahead and close this. Optimization continues and while a few FPS issues remain, the lag concerns should be resolved.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.