Themed Architecture

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheShrapnelKing, Aug 24, 2015.

1. TheShrapnelKing

Since i know this won't happen, I won't mark it as a suggestion.

But wouldn't it be cool if all the architecture and buildings were themed by faction? Like, all Vanu bases are covered in glowing neon lights and consist of purple alloys like they make Magriders out of. Base turrets are all giant laser cannons, and all the buildings are more 'organically' shaped, modelled after actual alien architecture (or even built around alien ruins). Facility walls could even be pure energy fields with metal platforms set up behind to shoot over them. NC bases are made of a combination of mostly slapped-together metal prefabs, walls made of spare parts, etc, while the larger buildings are sleek-looking glass and steel corporate buildings filled with offices and other mundanes. And the TR fashion all their bases like actual military bases, with smaller buildings looking like quickly-assembled mobile prefabs and larger structures being hardened bunkers with firing ports and blast doors and whatnot. Exterior walls would consist of concrete-backed earthworks with firing platforms, with bunkers in place of the usual towers.

Course this would mean we'd have to go back to giving each faction assigned warpgates and making all the territories given to a faction by default when a continent unlocks themed to that faction, but I think it'd be cool. Gives each base a sense of possession - you're fighting to keep 'your' bases, and you can tell when you've captured an enemy one because it's completely different looking.
  2. Devilllike

i would like that but do you really think they will do it? we are talking about changing the building of each continent
  3. TheShrapnelKing

Nope.
    • Up x 2
  4. Campagne

I like the idea, but I'm not sure if I'd like it in practice.

I like a lot of the bases as they are, (on Indar at least), and I think I would get tired of seeing weird purple alien stuff every time I wanted to fight VS. And of course some faction's bases might be designed better than other factions'...

But as you said, it's not likely. :/
  5. WTSherman

If we could find a way to sneakily despawn and replace all the buildings when nobody is looking it could be interesting I guess?

Oh the hilarity that would ensue if that system ever bugged out though.