The wreckage after the destruction of the equipment Must be returned.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ZORN777, Mar 25, 2024.

1. ZORN777

While watching early gameplay videos in planetside 2, I noticed that burning and falling debris formed after the destruction of the planes. Also, after the destruction of the tanks, there were burnt remnants of equipment. Why is this not happening now? Why was it removed? It all looked much more beautiful, it looked very modern, it was about 9 years ago. Is it possible to bring it back into the game somehow?I just saw that PhysX technology used to be in the game, why was it cut out?
    • Up x 1
  2. ZORN777

3. ZORN777

4. ZORN777

5. ZORN777

The developers of planetside turned off somewhere else. Like the entire gaming industry
  6. JarredGalaxy

Debris from vehicles was in the game even after PhysX visuals were cut which was due to it being extremely buggy and causing a lot of crashing, but vehicle debris was removed cause of performance concerns (obviously) just like lighting was made less realistic and Bio Lab shield domes removed. It would be nice however for some of these features like vehicle debris to return however, and some graphical upgrades with particles and lighting.
    • Up x 1
  7. ZORN777

8. ZORN777

I think computers of modern configurations will not have problems if this is returned, depending on how the optimization is done. But still, it would be a plus for the game, as many new players evaluate their first impressions by the appearance of the game and only then by other parameters.
    • Up x 1
  9. JarredGalaxy

That is a philosophy I have been going by, make the game look good graphically speaking again, some players might stick around more as many players have shown to have a liking for the genuine beauty of the game's environments and graphics when on higher settings, I remember the days of some of the old visuals and wish they could make a return.
    • Up x 1
  10. karlooo

Yeah, I think I know what you mean. The battles are very anti-climactic. With the correct visual and sound effects, you can make a battle with a few dozen players, make it feel like the battle included hundreds....

War Thunder attempted keeping destroyed hulls. From the experience in War Thunder... In Planetside 2 it is not worth it for sure; I can tell you that.

(More reply below)

Right now, it is not possible to compete in game, with High or Medium Graphics because the lighting blinds you, from personal experience.
    I would focus attention on standardizing graphics, so you won't gain advantages by adjusting them. And for immersion go down the route of more sophisticated, well-made sound effects, and premade good-looking animations (like explosion effects or destruction effects, for example such as in Command & Conquer Generals to give an idea), instead of relying on random particle effects and physics.
    Another necessity that needs to be done which was a grave mistake by last dev team, is getting rid of the funnel... AKA lattice link. It funnels hundreds of players into a single point. You cannot have good quality sound effects or visual effects in that ****show...
  11. AuricStarSand

Flying vehicle debri was way more entertaining then not having.

Only randomly killed me 1 out of 20 times. Looked better. Made fights more wild. Was funny to see hit many people or fly over a hill near Watersons, with dead debri. Made harasser more entertaining. Made driving the sunderer more entertaining.

Looked better for people's PS2 videos.
    Now what, vehicles just blow up normally? psh.

Then yes before that, before flying debri, vehicles use to just settle on flames. Which is also good. If tanks stayed smoldering on flames as crashed vehicles, giving infantry some field cover. If the wreckage didn't despawn too soon, I wouldn't know I didn't start playing till 2016.

So tanks settling with smoldering flames pre 2016 or flying debri hitting people pre 2019; both should happen; 50 50 roll, & both are better than what we have now.

Saving a few fps, from no settled smoldering tanks. & watering down the mayhem for new players from deleting flying debri; they aren't worth losing the cinematic action you get with debri.
    • Up x 1