The vehicle FoV needs to be equal to the infantry FoV..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Baleur, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Baleur

[IMG]
    [IMG]

This has got to stop.
  2. ThundaHawkPS

No. Vehicles should be more flankable than infantry. Infantry can freely turn their heads and have eyes/ears at the ready. A guy in the tank is crammed inside metal, peering through a metal slit, and every time something rings out outside his tank it goes clank and reverberates throughout his skull.

It's fair, I love my lightning tank, but it's fair.

Deal with it.
    • Up x 10
  3. Chiss

4. Grotpar

Only the flash needs improved FoV.

Unless this has been fixed in my absence, in which case.. Cool.
  5. Banick

No.

You are viewing through a TV monitor. I would only accept a FOV widening if you poked your head out of the tank and it was shootable.
  6. Kristan

I don't know what kind of problems do you have with FoV. I see infantry and vehicles till the horizon as in an aircraft or a tank.
  7. Masterjts

What about the planes, atv and truck where you are obviously looking out through the cockpit and yet have restricted FoV.

Also, for everyone who says everything should be restricted because you are inside the tank... try hitting the T key and see exactly how broken your argument is.
  8. ThundaHawkPS

I know, right?

But in this case I'm also right. Tank FOV is fine as is.

Only ground vehicle that should have better FOV is the Flash, which should have the cockpit freelock option that aircraft get.
  9. Kracken

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  10. NOX2097

Well you can eat crow because fov is controllable in the graphics menu and it affects vehicles and aircraft too. Not to mention you can view a vehicle in third person and geat a huge view all around you, and turn the turret almost instantly. Fov isn't the problem, you need to either l2p or get used to the death screen.
  11. Uben Qui

Press T while in a vehicle. Viola`, a better field of view.
  12. Ghostick

Vertical FOV

Sure helps the Skyguard in OP's picture! Thanks random idiot!

(I am of the opinion that this discussion is moot and you should feel claustrophobic while inside a vehicle, working as intended)
  13. NOX2097

Horizontal fov is proportional to vertical fov. They use vertical fov in the settings because players may have different resolutions with different aspect ratios.

What a maroon!
  14. fish998

If you hadn't noticed the FOV slider only affects infantry, it has no effect when you are in any vehicle.

Badly needs fixing IMO, but then so do a million other things.
  15. Uben Qui

I cannot decide if you just missed the concept of third person view, or are trying to be daft on purpose. :(
  16. Zaik

Sure thing, as soon as infantry can see in third person.
  17. NOX2097

Shut up and respawn faster so I can farm you again. Be sure to bunch up next to others I don't have unlimited HE rounds, you know.
  18. Jimmy DeSouza

Vehicle FOV should always be inferior to infantry FOV. When you are in a vehicle, your vision is obstructed. It is especially severe in armoured vehicles.

They should also remove the third person view from vehicles, OR have a shootable drone camera around vehicles that allow infantry to systematically blind the drivers third person camera.

As it is vehicles have an advantage with third person.
    • Up x 1
  19. Uben Qui

I just want a rear view mirror. I know it is a bit too much in the way of advanced technology.. but, one can wish. :)
    • Up x 1
  20. Jimmy DeSouza

You ever seen a tank with a rear view mirror? They dont have them.

Your commander should be looking behind you and telling you how to drive. Sounds odd to people used to driving cars and such, I know, but thats how it is. Unfortunately PS2 goes with the "1 man tank crew" model.