The Valkyrie

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Verviedi, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Verviedi

I can already see the end of the respectable airgame with this damn thing coming out. Skilless lockon scrubs are going to sit in the rumble seats, and instagib any ESFs that try to kill one.
    To combat this, SOE, please make flares passive, or slow down lockons from the Valkyrie. Thanks.

The Valk's AA nosegun is definately good, and I like it a lot. The Banshee nosegun is terribad, the Vulcan thing is great, ans I have not tested or seen the missile weapons. Everything else about the valkyrie is fairly good, except for SLSs locking and wrecking everything.
  2. Tommyp2006

Well good thing it's slow and doesn't have much health.
  3. AkharGriffon

I plan to just fire some lolpods into the rumble area and see if that doesn't fix things.
  4. Verviedi

I run nosegun and fuel pods. I come out worse against this thing.
    • Up x 1
  5. Ultimatestormer

Some of the testing I did with the Valk included using lock-ons from the rumble seats. This was in the VR, against stationary, grounded aircraft. It was not easy. The Valk doesn't remain perfectly still while hovering, so maintaining the lock long enough to fire was a pain. What you need to worry about is flying too close to the Valk and getting Deci'd.
  6. TorigomaSET

Have you even TRIED locking on in the Rumble seat? For did you just see "flying rumble seat" and instantly think "ERMERGURD! VALK RUMBLE OP!" Firstly, The angles of fire that they have mean that there is no instance where both people in the rumble seat can lock on at the same time. So no, No instagib like you seem to think. Even with the Air Lock ons, it is a nuisance at the most. Secondly, The Valk at the moment is as slow as a brick and as squishy as a new born kitten, how thats "Fairly good" I have no idea.
    All in all, This reads like a Skyboy that is Mad there is a new kid on the block, and does just does not want to be knocked off his perch.

If you EVER See a Lock on in a Valk after its been around for awhile, I'll be surprised. Mostly, its gonna be Lancers and Decimators.
    • Up x 3
  7. Archiadus

If you can't kill a defenseless HA while it's trying to get a lock onto your ESF I'd say that you're the "Skill-less scrub".

"Instagib" haha. :D
    • Up x 1
  8. Bassett

That would be a hit-and-run setup right? Are you trying to 1v1 a 5 player valk with that loadout?
    • Up x 1
  9. ComradeHavoc

While you complain I see easy certs, Valkyrie is obviously less maneuverable that an ESF, and carries 4 people.... that's just a cert mine flying in the air, and you can shoot the passengers out of the rumble seats....
  10. Benville

Hands up who can spot the OP that hasn't actually tried the Valk