The ultimate answer...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SuperLexatron, Feb 21, 2014.

1. SuperLexatron

Remove the cooldown from ESFs...

Discuss.

Edit: I don't trust the 'discussion' which is about to occur, so I will put forth some arguments and counter-arguments..

Pros:
    - For a long time, SOE have sought to balance the air game, what better balance than nothing to lose when you spawn your ESF?
    -More ESFs eliminates individual pro-pilots doing so well, much like ground gameplay.
    -Currently, Air units only make a difference when the numbers are significantly in their favour - WDS has proven that even at equal numbers, air superiority CAN matter.
    -Currently, 'overpowered' weapons are used to balance air combat, the obvious disadvantage is a pro-pilot using overpowered weaponry is even more unstopppable - this only increases the skill-cap, and makes it even harder for bgeinner/intermediate pilots to do ****.

Cons:

-More ESFs in the sky, so the poor infantry who aren't in a designated infantry area (Tower, bio lab, every capture point, amerish etc) will have a bad time.
    -People who have learned to master their ESFs - will have their skills null and void.

The way I see it (and I've been flying since beta, with equal time spent on the ground) SOE have tried to nerf air then buff AA, then nerf AA and buff air - it is an on going situation which to the average player, will never be balanced.

If you add a **** load of numbers to either, which is what Planetside is mostly balanced around - then it's a win-win.

AA is clearly in the best state it has been in for a long time, so why not just make this balance issue a numbers game - like you do with everything else?

12 AA MAX/HA will still slaughter 12 ESFs - so why not encourage more people to pull ESfs? Instead of scaring the living **** out of them the second they leave the warpgate?
  2. Alarox

• Up x 7
  3. DFDelta

• Up x 2
  4. Hatesphere

already happening (as was pointed out) . but to remove on ESF timers and none of the other timers in the games current state would be dumb. unless you want to remove also the lightning and flash timers and the max timer.
  5. Camycamera

• Up x 1