The True Fourth Faction

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meeka, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Meeka

So, after years of research, we have finally discovered the true fourth faction. The TR, the NC, and the VS... you must cease the fighting against each other and turn your attention to the true enemy. The enemy which has been in your midst this entire time; killing you, destroying your vehicles, engaging in a guerilla warfare of such an insidious nature that you've not seen it... this Fourth Faction, has been among you the entire time; trees.

How many times have trees interloped in your battles? How many times have trees robbed you of your kill? How many times of trees have killed you? They are indiscriminate killing machines that tear you, your allies, and your enemies into nanites....

We must put aside our differences, come together, and destroy this enemy... some how, some way....

THE TREES MUST DIE!
    • Up x 2
  2. Flag

Was expecting "hackers", did not find "hackers".

2/10, bit disapoint.

THAT SAID, the funniest thing happened today: A hacker in a lib was chased by another hacker in a burster max - flying ofc.
    Pure hilariousness.
    • Up x 4
  3. Meeka

Hackers cannot destroy trees, even Hackers cannot contend with them.

And that's funny stuff. :p
  4. Taemien

I think rocks and bumps are far worse than trees.

I think my first death was in Beta because of a rock. Anyone remember the bug with bumps and rocks that would instagib you? Yeah.. that one.
  5. LordAnnihilator

Trees! So much as clip one and your Flash does a barrel roll! They eat your rockets! They are hard to climb! And they cannot be destroyed.

One day, tree... i will have my revenge...
  6. Obscura

But a level 12 BR who knows how to report and doesn't care about his K/D, and is immune to the rage hackers feed off of is a hackers worst nightmare. I mean, if hackers don't feel like they're causing chaos and rage to a game with their hacking, then they lose their incentive to keep on hacking.

Just like trolls, if you don't acknowledge them or react negatively, then trolling becomes less fun for the trolls.
  7. Drzewo

S**t! They discovered me! ("Drzewo" translates as "Tree")
    • Up x 2
  8. Lemposs

I am sure I have died more to flying into trees than any other thing in my ESF. Truly they are terrifying and should be our main focus from now on!
  9. LordAnnihilator

I have a K/D of 0.1. I think if i ran into a hacker, I'd just be like "screw this, this isn't worth my time trying to deal with this guy, COMMENCE REDEPLOYMENT! (cue badass music)

But seriously, I wouldn't give him my time full stop. BTW how do you report, in case i run into one of these guys?
  10. RainbowDash9

so much this. driving down the middle of the FLAT, SMOOTH road, randomly flips over and explodes. :c so many wasted nanites...
  11. Meeka

It's not random, it's tree roots... secretly pushing your vehicle from underneath!
  12. LordAnnihilator

Before long, the Trees will invade even the Bases themselves! (the inside, i mean) Daybreak! When you bring us the ANT, give us ES Flamethrowers (or a plasmathrower for the VS, i guess) to take down these menaces!
  13. Meeka

Yes! And futuristic hedge clippers!
    • Up x 1
  14. Stormsinger

I want a recording of this put to benny hill music.
    • Up x 1
  15. Flag

I don't have one. It was happening somewhere on Amerish, I was on Indar or Esamir or something. :(
  16. Cynicismic

I want a recording of it looped, sped up, and played to either the Benny Hill Theme or Kevin MacLeod's "Merry-Go". That would genuinely be something spectacular...
    :D
  17. Dualice

Hossin has to be the home-land of our clandestine chlorophyll-ine (yes that's now a word) nightmares. More trees there than a er... densely populated forest. Sorry, ran out of waffle for that bit.
  18. Jbn0s0rus

> end of the video:
    Big pointy teeth
  19. Cynicismic

Trees have a history of ruining things for people. Just take a look at the outcome of the Battle of Isengard in the Lord of the Rings films. Who won that, huh?

Damned tree people. Damned trees...
    • Up x 1
  20. tijolo

PVE, anyone? Auraxium's mother-nature is not happy about all that pollution by smoke, led, pew-pews and nanites. Good april fools event. Some rocks could chase you to flip your vehicle and trees to ram your aircraft but you could kill them and earn stuff like the halloween event. Who doesn't like silly events and rewards to change things up a little bit? Even at first sight hunting down pumpkins seems silly but in the heat of things behind that burning lightning if you see a rare pumkin you shoot that first even if it means your death. All hail PVE.
    • Up x 1