The stupidity of some players...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by andy_m, Oct 6, 2014.

1. andy_m

Fortunately, I'm sure, no, I know it's only a very small proportion of people.

I got team killed earlier. I had only just logged on. I was in the spawn room at Ceres Hydroponics and I hadn't even sussed out what I was doing. The map was showing around a 50/50 pop of around 24 players, so I thought, might me nice for a quick blast.

A MAX came into the spawn room and he needed repairs, so I switched to Engineer and obliged.

Then I died of a C-4 blast. In the spawn room. I mean, how does that happen?

I asked the guy why did he team kill me.

His reply was "?"

I said, "you've just blown me up with C-4"

He said, "sorry, I was trying to kill my friend."

I'm sorry, but I had to give him some verbal, over /w at that point. He asked me to shut up because he was trying to play.

I asked him where he had gone to, because he sure wasn't at CH any more. Surprisingly he said he was at Alatum Botany, so I deployed there.

What I saw next just beggared belief. The guy was prancing around just by one of the spawn tubes. I could see a brick of C-4 just by it.

I'll let you guess what I did next........
    • Up x 2
  2. Unsp0kn

Meh, getting TK'd really isn't that big of a deal. I wish it didn't reflect on KDR, but....There's jerks errywhere! :eek:
  3. andy_m

Wasn't my KD that was bothering me. It was his explanation. Kind of exasperated me at the time.

I suppose that letting off C-4 in an area where there will be a few friendly only peeps knocking about, taking stock, getting some more ammo and what have you, can be considered to be "meta game." :confused:
  4. KenDelta

The problem is you making a big fuss about it , I understand if it was the MAX player not getting revived and whining about him.

And you shoot him in the head or destroyed the C4.
  5. K2k4

Sounds like he was just having some fun with a buddy in his squad trying to blow him up. It was out of line for him to not consider the other players around him when he did it, but it's not a big enough deal that his ineptitude should ruin your day.

Just roll on and forget about the incident.
  6. andy_m

Blimey... With all the moaning around here, I go and vent once in a blue moon and it's considered making a fuss?

Nah, not making a fuss at all, but whatever.......
    • Up x 3
  7. andy_m

Right... I get it... I wish I'd have kept my trap shut now :D
  8. patrykK1028

Dont be so serious, its just a game
  9. andy_m

Thanks mate :)

Anyone else want to chip in?
  10. eldarfalcongravtank

yesterday night, i had a good run in my HE magrider and a random gunner was in the saron seat (no ppa!) to help me out against armored targets. we did well and i went back to an ammo sunderer in safe vanu territory to restock

while i was idling there in my magrider right next to the sunderer, i kept third-person mode to quickly acquire unexpected threats, mostly c4 fairies, and act accordingly. but what happened next literally blew me away..

my gunner got out, quickly planted three anti-tank mines under the hull of my magrider and tried to detonate them. i magburned away and hardly took any damage. then he tried to hide in the sunderer and when he got out i one-shotted him with my HE cannon.

the sad thing is, i didnt whisper any message to him and didnt expect any message in return. i simply KNEW that behavior like this is to be expected in planetside2.... who needs enemies if you have allies like these
  11. ChironV

A) Let it go. Idiots will do as they will, just herd them in front of you as meat-shields.
    B) Your first priority would be to rez as medic and shlurp up some exp by rezzing the other people down. Especially that max if he got popped. Maxes cost resources, you would make a friend by rezzin him and saving him the resources.

Lol... Prancing... "derp dee derp dee derp herp derp" BOOM.
  12. KenDelta

I don't mean it in that way , I mean it in you actually bothering to pm him and chase him down to Botney wing.
    • Up x 1
  13. JudgeNu

Sure it is a game.

If we cant vent on forums about such stuff then where would one go?
    Certainly ppl can only take so much dbaggary.

It can be hard for a man to be amongst children who misbehave w/out wanting to give them the correcting side of a high five.
    Ik it isn't politically correct.

If parents don't correct their children then society will...but then again...to hell in a hand basket it seems.
    • Up x 1
  14. ronjahn

Who knows maybe you accidentally tked him a week ago. Idk why but 2 times in the last few weeks I have been tked in my harasser and When I asked for their reasoning it was because "you ran me over the other day" and "you tked me with your harasser last week." Really people are you holding a such a grudge that days later you still remember my name and want to kill me?

Also just last night some guy in a max started shooting me with Falcons for apparently no reason. I asked him wtf he was doing and then he started going on about how I ALMOST ran him over and how he had screenshots of me ALMOST running him over and how he was going to post my denial all over Reddit and it was "going to be fun." I told him how much admiration that will bring him and proceeded to block the child.

Blocking and ignoring is all you can do to get away from these idiots sometimes.
    • Up x 1
  15. radrussian2

so what? just respawn and keep going. why focus on some dummy team killing?
  16. Endian

A couple of months ago, I had parked my sundy up and deployed it while I fixed it up. Just as I'd finished, some guy (on my team apparently) drops some tank mines next to it then shoots them, killing himself and blowing my sunderer up. When I asked why, he said he was sorry but he was killing himself so he could redeploy quickly and hadn't seen my sunderer.

Seriously?

I was a bit annoyed at the resource loss, but got on with my life. Some people are... well words fail me.
  17. DatVanuMan

The factions of Auraxis, recruiting only the finest of soldiers since 2940-something!
    • Up x 1
  18. Goretzu

The random TKs just puzzle me, probably just frustrated/immature people taking it out on anyone...... for some reason someone chased me around with a RL trying to team kill me a few nights ago, about 30s after I logged on.

No idea what it was about as he wouldn't answer any tells.
    • Up x 1
  19. Plorf

When I was still kind of new I was in my Magrider when someone got smashed in between me and another Magrider next to me. I didn't think anything of it since Magriders kill friendlies all the time, and next thing I know I get C4'd by the same guy for not apologizing.

Some people are just like that I guess.
  20. Ryoken

Accidents happen. I've been shot out of the sky by a friendly Magrider. Flying too low, attempting to escape a lock and BAM AP round takes me out.

The guy apologised and we had a laugh about it.

Heck, I've shot TR while playing as TR because "Oh **** red dude running at me". Apologise and move on.

What is frustrating are the ones who TK intentionally and reply with "LOL [insert homophobic/racist slur]". The report function seems useless in such cases.