The skyguard problem

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by day ofm one, Nov 20, 2014.

1. day ofm one

*base gets rekt by air*

*goes one station away to pull a skyguard*

*arrives, all aircrafts gone*

*gets rekt by tanks*

*gets an AV lightning*

*gets rekt by air*

Thats why I prefere my MBT, even when I have to drive 10 minutes from the warpgate to a fight.

I got AV and can put AA on it.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?
    • Up x 6
  2. Arsonix

Nope. Signature is still longer than your actual post. Add more space between sentences.
    • Up x 12
  3. day ofm one

OK
    • Up x 16
  4. Aldaris

Why do people insist on putting computer specs in sigs? No one cares.

Anyway, yes it's an annoyance that wasn't present in PS1 as BFRs could change weapons as and when they wished as specific terminals that were present in each base. I would dearly love to be able to change weapons around in PS2 depending on opponents.
    • Up x 4
  5. day ofm one

People actually do ask for specs.
    Especially in threads about performance it is helpfull when the reader know the specs of the poster.

Also new people often ask "can I run it", etc.

Being abled to change the weps would be awesome ;)
  6. Aldaris

Yes, so provide it when asked, not as an obnoxious part of your profile :p

I'm sure I've read somewhere that the devs want to add the ability to swap vehicle loadouts.
  7. day ofm one

It got annoying to write it every time, now everyone who cares read it and everyone who doesn't can skip it.

Well, I will try to reduce the letter size even more.
  8. Prudentia

Specs:
    Windows 2 Home Premium 64 Bit / Mainboard: GIGABYTE GA-H87-HD3
    Core: CPU Intel Core i3 2x 3.30GHz / Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750Ti
    Ram: 8 GB / Harddrive: WesternDigital Blue 1000GB
    Screens: DELL U2312HM (1920x1080) / DELL U2412M (1920x1200)

or even smaller:
    Specs:
    Windows 2 Home Premium 64 Bit / Mainboard: GIGABYTE GA-H87-HD3
    Core: i3 2x 3.30GHz / Graphics Card: GTX 750Ti / Ram: 8 GB
    Screens: DELL U2312HM (1920x1080) / DELL U2412M (1920x1200)
    • Up x 1
  9. Whiteagle

I KNOW right?
    We asked Higby about this in Beta, and he said it "Could not be done with the Engine!"

...The same reply they gave for tunnels, by the way...
    • Up x 1
  10. day ofm one

Allready got minimum size ;)
  11. Corporate Thug

Sigh, it's not like we need some pit crew to come out and swap the turret, swap out treads and fill up the gas tank. A simple disappear/reappear, like with infantry class switching, would suffice.
  12. SpartanPsycho

How fix this:
    NO! :Buff the skyguard.
    YES!: ALLOW VEHICLES TO CHANGE LOADOUTS!
  13. Doc Jim

My usual "MBT" has an AA secondary, I only equip an AV secondary when I run 2/2, especially since air squads became popular.
  14. NoctD

I have no problems like you do.

Keep your Skyguard behind friendly tanks and play the game with your faction, not by yourself. Its really useful and you can help damage or even kill other tanks, sunders, Harassers, etc with your Skyguard. I put proxy radar on mine, and have killed those C4 faeries trying to get at nearby vehicles, or that infiltrator thinking they're oh so sneaky, etc.

The Skyguard is far more useful - but the players are just bad at fully realizing its potential.
    • Up x 1
  15. Prudentia

it's not about the fontsize
    it's about the number of paragraphs you have for those 20 words
    i have Long Posts which have less paragraphs than your sig...
  16. Siilk

Hardly a problem. I actually find Skyguard much more versatile than any other Lightning configuration. You can wreck air, you can suppress infantry and surprisingly enough, you can deal significant damage to armour at reasonable distances; not just harass, but outright kill MBTs and even sundies with it. Just go into VR and test it on the tanks there, you'll be surprised how potent Skyguard is vs armour. Of course, AP deals more damage hands down but AP is very niche weapon so unless you are fighting a huge armour column, Skyguard will be a better choice.
    • Up x 1
  17. FateJH

I put computer specs in my signature to indicate how bad my old computer was and yet I could still play PlanetSide 2 (at about 20fps, presented at the speed of PowerPoint). I think it used to read:
    As I updated the computer, I updated the signature. Now the purpose has long since been lost and I've been looking to keep it as low-key as possible.

This thread is about the Skyguard, not specs.

In general, you want to pull a Skyguard to support Armor, either while it is on the move or while it is stationed somewhere. An AA MAX would have been better suited the situation the base was in, and could be better fortified if you had an friendly Engineer on hand or, failing at friendship, high level repair armor.
  18. Dualice

I've seen sundies devoured by Skyguards on a number of occasions, even whilst they're being repaired. Not to mention getting shot down as a light assault just as I'm about to drop C4. Granted they fly but light assaults don't even look like ESFs!
  19. I play by many names

Specs: Super boosted super smooth alienware with tricked out lights yo.
  20. z1967

To solve this you would have two possible solutions:
    -make the Skyguard more versatile so that it isn't a burden of uselessness without aircraft in the area (bad for balance, good for skyguards)
    -allow all vehicles to change loadouts (would take the most time, could also be the most problematic. Fixes the problem right off the bat though, without any beating around the bush).