The problem with the infiltrators

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by AsylumVS, Nov 12, 2014.

1. AsylumVS

After the upgrade, press the button and the F character disappears. You can see it just by changing the class. Has anyone noticed this?
    • Up x 1
  2. ToxicFire

Yuh its a new bug
  3. AsylumVS

Hmm. What to do? I performed a full scan of the client, did not help.
  4. Agnen

Same issue here. Stealth makes your FPP view disappear. You can see your weapon nor any action you perform. Generally drop of fps and lag spikes appear after this patch.
  5. Emerald11

For me the same - press F to cloak and the HUD, the weapon and all other information are away till to the next respawn.
    It is the 64 bit client at windows 7 for me.
    • Up x 1
  6. No0T

Same thing here... Its a terrible bug, game breaking for me I play infiltrator or nothing... and with this you cant aim before getting visible... And that advantage is the whole attack part of your character...
  7. Jerox

Currently you can get your hud and arms back by pressing ctrl+F11 several times.
    It only lasts one time so next time you cloak you'll have to press the keys again.

Gotta love the quality of the patches for this game. Every time again it's a guessing game what's going to be broken next.
    There's also a good side to it though, because this way the devs can keep their jobs and maybe even hire more employees to fix the **** they break :D.
  8. Hank

well i can't get it to happen on my main machine but on the E8400 system it happens when i log on.

but if i go back to a terminal and hit E then resupply or switch toons then back to a cloaker it renders correctly, and for me atleast, the problem doesn't return.
  9. Drglord25

Amazing work as always i came back after 3 months of absence leaving this game because of the terrible development/ support and i can't even play the thing because i only play infiltrators. I am just speechless of the level of professionalism on this game. Well done ;)
  10. AsylumVS

It does not help the problem occurs again.
  11. Matrex

Omg.. When they will fix it? T-T
  12. Moonheart

Ctrl+F11 twice resolve temporary the problem (just temporary)
    This doesn't work for the 3rd person view on the Wraith however.

Honestly, I don't even understand that the patch could have gone live like this... the bug happens so often, that it makes me wonder if they TESTED their stealth "fixes" more than 3s before give it to us.

If I can still do things as a stalker, the Wraith is almost unplayable.
    • Up x 1
  13. AsylumVS

Unknown. And while Infiltrator class disappeared) I do not understand how you can fix something one and the same time to break something else.o_O
  14. Moonheart

That's common stuff in the development department in every company.
    A program is like a giant pile of mikado after all: each time you move something, you have a good chance to have side effects in many other small places, with sometimes unpredictables results.

What is surprising is not for it to happen, but to not be detected prior to release when it's so obvious.
    I'm worried about the regression testings the devs do on their fixes... how such a huge bug could have been seen?
  15. CaptainGallows

As I'm a programmer myself I can say... A program is NOTHING like a giant pile of mikado. And results are not unpredictable at all. You're acting like coding is some magical being that you appraise by writing extra code to patch bugs and to seal the evil inside.

A well structured code would not have the problems I see with this team every fukkin time. I feel they never heard of code structure. It feels as if when they implement a new weapon for heavy assaults you can expect bugs like harassers moving backwards when pressing forward.

I do however FULLY agree with the fact that bugs can arise. And depending on the engine they use and how they rely on other teams it can bring in some strange bugs that they dont expect to happen. And most of all you are right that these things can NOT slip into official servers. I mean why do they even have PTS... just for weapon feedback that they dont listen to? (face it... theyll listen to reddit more than to the PTS because they scream louder despite not having used weapons themselves)

Excuse me for the rant... Just get pissed off a bit when you call code mikado :p
    Organised code is love, organised code is life.
  16. Drglord25

Woke up checked to see if they even bothered for a hotfix after so many hours of a game breaking bug (at least for us that play infis)
    Nope nadda nothing...
    Keep up the good work SONY.
    And keep asking people to subscribe and pay money.
    You are doing fine.
  17. Foudrelune

Ca devient limite injouable L'infiltré ... c'est hyper gênant , quand vont'il se bouger pour corriger ca ?
    J’espère ne pas devoir attendre jusqu’à la prochaine Maj ...

Ils profitent bien de l'argent qu'on peut verser dans le jeux mais ne sont pas réactifs pour autant. c'est écœurant
  18. MajiinBuu

You guys know your weapon is still there, you just can't see it. You can still fire, aiming is difficult unless you have a scope. Simply toggling off your weapon visibility and turning it back on will make your weapon appear (until you cloak again). It's far from game breaking, but at least it's getting a fix right now.
  19. Badname406

i agree, but couldnt understand a word xD
  20. Badname406

so yeah its being fixed right now, but how comes its not game breaking? how often you go into cloaking mode?
    i do it almost every 30 secs, so it would be just too anoying to keep pressing ctrl+f11 that much