The Orion, the hell is broken?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Masyaka, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Masyaka

Previously i was playign tons of NC and my butt at fire was too much, so i went vanu to destress myself playing target practice on NC. But i have no idea WHY i cant use the Orion at ALL, it just flews away, i cant aim for enemies, i cant kill them on range, i cant kill them in CQB i just cant use it at all... But for carbines and assault rifles thye are going pretty well. How should i play with Orion?
    My general skillbase is: Hold M1 anywhere, aim for chest, let the inaccuracy do its job.
    For me it works everywhere and for anything, but not for the Orion, please help.
  2. kr47er

are you suffering imput lag? how is your framerate?
  3. Masyaka

The framerate is fine and i have all the settings to remove input lag. Im shooting fine from VS carbines and assault rifles, all NC weapons and some point of TR crap, but the orion is just uncontrolable.
  4. Eternaloptimist

A couple of thoughts (and IDK if they are relevant or not)

I play all factions and I find that I have to adjust to the characteristics of each faction weapon when I switch between them. As I switch frequently it isn't too big a deal but if you have been very used the RoF, recoil, bloom, effective range and CoF characteristics of typical NC LMGs then your muscle memory could be letting you down when switching to the Orion.

IDK what "hold M1" means as I play on a PC but if that is the fire button, then spamming bullets out of an Orion at 750 rpm is not the best way to go. Recoil adjustment and burst firing to adjust CoF is better. It will also help you to get used to aiming bursts at the head (for the double damage).

And Orion is not a medium to long range LMG - it is a CQC monster. Some sessions in VR training might help get you started (a fair bit of practice there is how I eventually learned to be less hopeless at hip firing).

Whether you hip fire or ADS, I assume you strafe or ADAD when firing. Standing still to shoot is a bad idea in CQC.
  5. CrimsonEclipse5

M1 is mouse 1 dude...

As for the OP, I believe the Orion has a higher than usual First Shot Recoil Modifier (I think). This introduces a greater element of variability into the recoil that you will have to practice compensating for.
  6. Masyaka

Im seeking to buy ursa or flare. In VR they go fine, they are more familiar with NC weaponry, not TR 900 RPM 143 dmg flood. Same about Pulsar C for LA, and (i forgot the name lol) riffle for medic. With 143 weapons i suck hard at medium ranges, so i think going all to 167 DMG will be a point of next week farm.

more questions:
    Flare and Ursa have almostly same stats, altrough people say the flare's first shot has bigger recoil than ursa, so i think a random headshot is possible. Do i need to go for flare or ursa (what is better for holding down M1 looking at enemy chest?)
  7. Kanelbullen300

You could check out this comparison video if you want but from what i've heard the flare is preferred over the ursa by many players.

As for the Pulsar C, it's a great weapon. At first it might not seem that great but if you give it some time you'll probably get along just fine.Here's a link to a review if you wanna check it out

And the Medic AR you were talking about, I think you were referring to the Corvus. Personally I don't like it too much but that's just me. If it fits you then go for it. I couldn't find any comparisons/reviews on the Corvus though, but you can probably decide wether ir fits you or not :)
  8. MrMinistry30

Personally, i think the Flare is much better (attachments and dps).

The Pulsar C is kinda strange. It took me a long time (at least 800 kills or so) and a lot of experimenting to get used to it but with 1X sight, compensator and laser i feel very comfortable using it.
    Apart from Zenith and VX6-7 i have all VS carbines on auraxium and i use them as follows:
    Eclipse for short-medium range
    Solistice salve for medium-long (and with 3.4X scope for camping :D)
    Pulsar C (or sometimes NS-11C) as an allrounder when the battle is chaotic or i don't know what ranges i will be fighting at