The NSO MAX DEFECTOR

Discussion in 'MAX' started by ZeroVeroes, Feb 26, 2021.

1. ZeroVeroes

The NSO MAX in game receives more damage than any other max to any form of weapons and damage. This MAX has little to no options with utility, defense, and offense. 1 C4 is a Instant kill on any NSO max without its ability being active and 2 C4's for an active ability with the active ability being very short in duration. The biggest issue I have is the heat generation caused by its only weapon.

Its nice not to worry about ammo but it over heats so fast and it takes awhile for it cool down. In the heat of combat such luxuries can not be afforded. The NSO MAX is only good for choke points and countering other MAX's while butchered by any form of vehicle combat. Depending on the factor of skill a NSO MAX can probably take on 2-3 people at most before over heat hits and / or they die. While the other 3 MAX's can take on several people and never have to worry about over heating and their ammo capacity makes them able to stay in the field longer dependent on health. NSO needs more options, a better damage resistance to weapons in general, and if that justifies a nanite cost i'm fine with that.

Random DEFECTOR Facts: DEFECTORS take damage for using their only weapon in close range, so you have to revert to melee but that can be easily countered if you know how to fight a DEFECTOR thus making them go out of a fight quicker.

DEFECTOR's are very slow and their toggle sprint is bugged and sometimes wont work.

DEFECTOR's cost 350 nanite which is 100 cheapter than your normal MAX.

While a Normal MAX can kill sunderers and or other land based vehicles from away the DEFECTOR can not thus has to get close enough to be easily spotted. Not only that but a DEFECTOR has to overheat / cool down 3 times before destroying your normal sunderer. One default Sunderer turret can kill a Defector before he reaches his first recool factor for his weapon.

I highly enjoy the defector and find it very fun but it gets very frustrating when i get killed not by being stupid or being out gunned / coutnered. But because the defector can't sprint away properly or the weapon over heats so fast.

Also note that when i said DEFECTORS only have their one weapon its meant for infantry and not for vehicles (it helps but doesnt counter) air or land.

What do you guys think, i would appreciate hearing your thoughts. Hopefully the devs can see this and balance the DEFECTOR a bit more. Though hearing about the NSO Content update i may have to wait till when ever that happens.
    • Up x 6
  2. Liewec123

and thats only if you take the suit slot that makes them provide more protection for 2 seconds when activated.
    without that suit slot c4 oneshots from full health, even with either of the abilities maxed.

and lets face it, 2 seconds of c4 protection on a minute cooldown just doesn't stand up to auto-repair.

it needs more weapons, automatic weapons with heat mechanic?
    give the grenade weapon a model and call it a weapon, cut down on the overheat cooldown.
    give defector c4 resistance by default (like all 3 maxes)
    give defector a damn model!
    [IMG]
    (i'd like it to look like Mass Effect's "Ymir mech")

also radical idea but perhaps it could get a new ability "Maintenance Mode"
    hitting the ability key roots the defector, and transforms them into Maintenance Mode,
    rapidly healing them over time, taking damage would interrupt maintenance mode,
    cancelling maintenance mode would take 1 second

self destruct needs to hit way harder, i've used it against maxes, infantry, sunderers etc
    and a lot of the time they just don't die.
    i'm blowing 350 nanites on a glorified bomb and it doesn't even kill an infantry guy?
    wtf! it should hit as hard as Cortium Bomb or even harder.

the shield bug needs to be fixed, currently (and for aaaages.) you cannot lob grenades while your shield is up
    because they hit your shield and damage you...
    • Up x 5
  3. VV4LL3

OMG. The Defector is even MORE USELESS with the new update. ALL OTHER MAXES CAN FIRE UNDERWATER---

NOPE/..... NOT THE DEFECTOR.

FFS....

Oh yeah, and the hummingbird... from the surface CAN'T EVEN KEEP UP WITH A F'n BOAT.
  4. ZeroVeroes

So, seeing this near the top and its been about a little more after a year and i experienced the Defector i have some more feedback.

Timebomb is still very bad. Spending 350 Nanites to basically self destruct in a way where the damage and radius is also bad for a slow being.

Timebomb should be replaced with Overdrive.

Overdrive: Removes the overheat mechanic on the Defector for 15 seconds. After 15 seconds the Defector is unable to fire for 5 seconds (can be buffed to 10 seconds if 5 isn't enough). The ability is on a 2 minute cool down. Competes with Seraph Shield and Timebomb (or better yet replaces timebomb) for its slot.

Humming bird is very slow, pretty much any vehicle moving at default max speed will out run it, Its meant for anti air but unless the air vehicle isn't really moving while fighting its never really gonna hit.

D-11 is their siege. It hits hard and has long range. Its pretty much useless at close range (below 20 meters). It only requires 3 shots before overheating, Ouch. Perhaps it should be able to lock onto land vehicles?

Attachment for the 3 Defector Weapons: Allows the double amount of shots before overheating activates. But overheating now lasts twice as long. Next attachment option: Defector weapons no longer cause friendly fire damage... however they lose 40% of their total damage.

Nice customization option: A cloak around the defectors frame, that is ragged.
    • Up x 1
  5. brutes359

Honestly, I want to see some concepts for melee and repair tools for MAX units. Imagine MAX suits that could fill a medic role, or repair vehicles but sacrificed a weapon to do so. They would still be weaker than dedicated engineers in that they would be unable to cap points or replenish ammo, but having that survivability in a support role would really offer some interesting gameplay possibilities. Having heavier repair equipment they could repair faster, but their decreased mobility and larger size would also make them prime targets for AMRs and airstrikes too.
    • Up x 1
  6. VV4LL3

Look how long it took to add some level of balance to the Chimera.. you think the Devs care about the NSO MAX? lol