The next proof that the devs don't give a damn about TR:

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gunfox, Jun 20, 2013.

1. gunfox

Ok, after we thankfully received our new "totally OP" AV-weapons (a remodeled Annihilator and the most bland and boring rocketlauncher imaginable for our MAX, I'd suggest renaming it to "rocket launcher" in honor of it's simpleness), and our super cool empire ability to sign our own firing squad execution (this is some great roleplaying for a military faction, kudos for that) we now get EVEN MORE developper love:

VULCAN CHANGES:
    • Projectile gravity decreased from 5 to 2.5
    • Minimum Cone of fire decreased from 0.5 to 0.25
    • Cone of Fire recovery rate increased from 1 to 6.25
    • Clip size increased from 30 to 60
      • Magazine size ranks reduced from 3 per rank to 2 per rank
    • Maximum Ammo Capacity increased from 450 to 900
      • Ranks increased from 30 to 60 per rank.
    • Added a spin up time of 1000ms
    • Fire rate at spin up starts at 200ms and moves towards 75ms
    • Minimum damage ranged increased from 300 meters to 500 meters
    • Minimum damage on Harasser variant increased from 80 to 85
    • Minimum damage on Prowler variant decreased from 110 to 90. With changes to extend the minimum damage range, it should still do 110 damage at the old minimum damage range of 300 meters.
    • New fire audio.
    These are the "great plans for the Vulcan" Higby twittered about? Amazing... Yes, technically most of those are buffs. But practically, these minor changes won't bring the Vulcan EVEN CLOSE to the redesigned weapons of mass destruction called Saron and Enforcer. 9 High Caliber shots required to kill a single infantry, while the others require 1 shell? Great.

So the Vulcan is still crap.

But now, the reason why I made this thread and the one thing that really shows that the devs don't give a **** about us:
    NC NC05 Jackhammer
    • The Jackhammer’s burst fire mode now has unique properties. It will fire at double the fire rate of the semi-auto fire mode, with the weapon needing to be chambered after each burst. In addition, the default magazine size of the weapon has been increased from 6 to 9 rounds. Details below.
    • Default ammunition capacity increased from 6/48 to 9/54
    • Extended ammunition now gives +3 to the weapon’s capacity
    • Semi-auto rate of fire reduced from 255 to 225 rounds per minute
    • Burst mode now fires at double the semi-auto rate of fire, with the weapon needing to be chambered after each burst
    • Minimum damage reduced from 90 to 70
    • Long reload time increased from 3.5 seconds to 3.6 seconds
    • Short reload increased from 2.0 to 2.6 second
    • Added default iron sights and optic attachments
    TR T7 Mini-Chaingun
    • This weapon now fires immediately at a reduced fire rate and then ramps up over time to its listed fire rate. The spin up delay has been removed. The hip accuracy changes will result in greater accuracy over sustained fire.
    • Projectile speed increased from 550 m/s to 600 m/s
    • Aimed stand-moving accuracy improved from 0.9 to 0.45.
    • Aimed crouch-moving accuracy improved from 0.3375 to 0.3.
    • Hip accuracy decreased by 0.25 in all movement stats. Hip accuracy bloom improved from 1.0 per shot to 0.5 per shot.
    • Long reload time increased from 4.0 seconds to 5.39 seconds
    • Short reload time increased from 3.4 to 4.39 seconds
    • Minimum damage reduced from 125 at 65 meters to 112 at 60 meters.
    • Vertical recoil reduced from 0.268 to 0.2.
    • First shot multiplier increased from 1x to 3x.
    • Minimum horizontal recoil increased from 0.1 to 0.225.
    • Equip time increased from 0.9 seconds to 1.1 seconds.
    • New fire audio
    • T-7 Mini-Chaingun can no longer bypass it’s spinup time by firing and looking down sights (This one bug made weapon "usable" - not good)
    VS Lasher X2
    • The Lasher has been given multiple small improvements that should make it competitive in more situations. In addition, ally players will now a resist a percentage of the Lasher’s area of effect damage.
    • Rate of fire increased from 300 rounds per minute to 333 rounds per minute.
    • Max damage increased from 225 to 230.
    • Min damage increased from 175 at 60 meters to 180 at 65 meters.
    • Ally players now resist the area of effect damage by 75%.
    • Long reload time lowered from 5.4 seconds to 5.2 seconds
    • Short reload time lowered from 4.374 to 4.2 seconds
    • Vertical recoil increased from 0.2 to 0.4.
    • First shot recoil reduced from 2.0 to 1.5.
    • Horizontal recoil increased from 0/0 minimum maximum to 0.1/0.2.
    • Recoil recovery rate reduced from 18 to 15. Removed the recoil recovery acceleration. The end result is a faster recoil recovery speed.
    • Aimed crouch/crouch-moving/stand accuracy improved from 0.4/1.2/0.5 to 0.3 in all states.
    • Aimed stand moving accuracy improved from 2 to 0.5.
    • Fixed a bug that was causing the hip accuracy to be displayed lower than its actual values.
    • Hip accuracy reduced from 0.24/0.75/0.24/1.5 to 1.0/1.5/1.5/2.0
    • Hip cone of fire per shot increased from 0.05 to 0.1
    • Added optic attachments.
    So not only will the MCG be just as crappy as before (The nerfs balance out the "buffs" pretty well), but the devs even went out of their way and remodelled the VS and NC guns to finally give them some optics (keep in mind that they added some really excessive animations to the Lasher before), instead of those weird camera angles the ESHWs had until now.

And what does the TR get? Nothing. The middle finger.
  2. Nonorf

:eek:
    • Up x 3
  3. DashRendar

Tell me more about how TR is the neglected faction.
    • Up x 6
  4. RHINO_Mk.II

Join the dark side! We have cookies shotguns!
  5. Tommyp2006

For what reason does the mcg need optics? It would actually make it worse, the hud sight already nicely tells us the exact cof.
    • Up x 1
  6. Klondik3

You already have enough OP toys.
    • Up x 3
  7. RedPsycho

You missed something very important.

ML85 Enforcer
    Inner Radius Blast damage reduced from 450 to 150

Saron HRB
    Inner Radius Blast damage reduce from 850 to 350

I haven't tested myself, but mathematically speaking, this would require both weapons to hit twice to kill.
    • Up x 2
  8. Doctor?

9. Rayden78

I really hope more TR think like that, i really dont like engaging Prowlers with vulcan. But as it is currently most prowler drivers think they dont need a gunner, so prowler hunting is real fun ;)
  10. gunfox

You know that the new Saron has a faster TTK for both point blank (the range the Vulcan was designed for) and long range (the range the Vulcan can't do **** about)?

So yes, gunning a prowler is a waste of time with every secondary (including the halberd). You're better off with two prowlers, or even a Prowler and a Lightning.
  11. Rayden78

Adapt to it

ok sorry .. i dont wanna troll, why dont you try out to use vulcan in best possible situations. Get a good gunner and try out some tactics, then talk again.
  12. Ashnal

It makes me a saaaaad panda.
    With any luck though, I'll get better at landing those enforcer headshots :D
  13. NucNuc

He didn´t miss it. he didn´t understand what was written because he has no clue what these changes really mean.
    But he felt upset and left his hot air in this forum. His right to do that, I suppose.
  14. gunfox

Because it's an inferior gun to any other secondary in the game, except maybe the Basilisk and the Walker. I've already wasted money on the Vulcan, no need to waste time on top of that.

Who the **** cares about splash damage? The Vulcan doesn't even have that.
  15. loopuleasa

Saron and Enforcer aren't OHK anymore.

Read the complete patch notes and stop being a little kid.
  16. VSDerp

just because you're not satisfied with the changes. Doesn't mean the devs don't care about TR. you make no sense at all.
  17. chrisbeebops

I like how OP highlighted a bug fix (exploit removal) for the MCG as a nerf, and ignored all of the accuracy buffs the weapon received.

I also like how the OP says the Vulcan is crap when it received immense accuracy buffs and now has double the ammo.

Did we forget to mention that the new Vulcan can destroy Magriders and Vanguards on rear armor with a single clip in 5 seconds?
  18. AdennTM

Are you high gunfox?
    • Up x 2
  19. Ash87

Stop bringing facts into this!

RAWR ANGER! TR SMASH!
  20. nitram1000

TR a neglected faction? This is the most hilarious thing I have ever read.