The new SMGs

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Deffington, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Deffington

A quick view on news ES SMGs:
    All models are amazing! And the TR one has rotating barrels. I'm sure the new SMGs will be appreciated. They all have access to modified suppressor+flash suppressor that lowers bullet velocity by 50% and IR/NV optics.

The NC one boasts 200 dmg on 522 RoF. It pretends to be a DMR boasting special high velocity ammo. Except the huge damage drop on distance make this hardly usable to kill distant targets. I'd prefer to use this for short range setup.

TR one has rotating barrels! RoF seems to be constant, it doesn't boast spin-up mechanics. With 167 dmg and 600 RoF it is heavy hitting for TR standards, but the RoF is somehow lower than on other counterparts (Cyclone 650 RoF, Canis 667 and spinup). With suppressor and SPA the bullet drop is too bad, on 50m aiming at head means hitting the lower part of leg. No option for extended magazine, sadly. Special ability works a bit weird for me - it shortens the magazine from 30 to 21 rounds and stores these rounds into something like underbarrel shotgun. It has a bit delay like Yumi, it only shoots from hipfire like UB shotgun, but empties 9 rounds in quick burst. Personally, I'd prefer to have this on switchfire - auto/burst than having it on weapon key. Also, rotating barrels!

As for the VS, I consider the model extremely ugly, meaning it fits VS. Not even talking about 1x scopes. When you see it, you will immediately think of Renault. Short reload animation is that the gunner just rotates current 'battery' without replacing it and there is an addon that will shorten the long reload into this animation. The gun has 167 dmg model, said 667 RoF with spin up, 40 round mag... wait, is this not a TR weapon? I mean, it surely has the attributes... Special ammo is available, transforming bullets into balls with 30% lower velocity. Together with suppressor it looks like you fire wisps. Or Comets. No bullet/ball drop on this weapon.
  2. JobiWan

I had a play with the TR one. Not a fan of the delay at all. Other than that it seem nice, if a little underpowered compared to NC and VS ones.
    • Up x 1
  3. CaptainBruce

well when ever these make their way to ps4 I for one am picking up the nc one. I love its design and my pc can,t handle the pc edition of this game.
  4. Jubikus

they are absolutely beautiful. I like the odd attachment options they may not be good or only good in specific scenarios but i like that they exist.
    • Up x 3
  5. Moz

**** me.... TR victim complex is starting before its even released! :D

On a serious note, I'm glad im not VS with these guns.... The VS versions are hideous! Sorry DOKU! :(
    • Up x 1
  6. TerminalT6

I hate TR victim complex (waaah we never win alerts waaaaaaaah) as much as the next guy, but there is a bit of a point. The TR smg is the only one with an active ability, the others you can equip and just forget about them. It's not as boring as the NC one, but being able to negate all the downsides of a super suppressor sounds pretty good to me.

And the VS one, well... yeah.
    • Up x 2