The new smg’s outperform the standard guns?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by borgqueenx, Dec 7, 2017.

1. borgqueenx

It seems the new smg’s finally introduce guns into the game that are not like the rest for “different playstyle” but basicly are better then the standard guns that had this task. Basicly buffing the classes that use smg’s.

Im not complaining since i only play infiltrator, especially not complaining because the sounds, design and animations are badass.
  2. Campagne

At least until sales drop off anyway. Then they'll probably be adjusted but the end product is anyone's game.
    • Up x 2
  3. Ziggurat8

Standard procedure. You release a gun that's really good. You get 1-2 months of sales and user feedback. Then you "balance" it. I'm ok with that.

Takes less than that to auraxium it and move on to something new.

It's the first ES weapons they've released since the harasser top guns. Should be interesting to see all the ******** and moaning about which empire's SMG is OP.

My money is on TR or NC, the description of both of theirs sounds like an improved cyclone; which is already arguably the best smg.

The VS one just sounds lame. SMG with a spin up....wtf?
    • Up x 1
  4. Blam320

At least one YouTuber has already complained about how the mini-lasher ammo for the VS SMG is overpowered and bad/lazy design.
  5. HAXTIME

Definitely not. I too was expecting them to be excessively powerful, but they are not. I'm running the Jackal on only 3 of my loadouts (and mostly because of how well it's designed), and I'm not seeing the Gladius or the Canis used too much. If anything, they are kinda rare after a few hours of everyone using it initially.
  6. Exitus Acta Probat

I see the canis used on almost every VS but that might just be them trying to aurixium it before unstable ammo gets nerfed
  7. moriarrr-ceres

From all the last weapons released My best buy is still the Tanto.
  8. Prudentia

haven't died to anything but a jackal, Gladius or canis wielded by DIG in a while
  9. pnkdth

In other words, the hype is real.

Also, imagine if all the weapons got this design treatment (visual and audio)? I mean, they should, since now these weapons look like they got stolen from another game with a different art direction entirely.
    • Up x 1
  10. No0T

Everybody that is supposed to mainly kill people has access to smgs, LA HA and infiltrators. So if you choose a suport class why cry that your main roll is to suport and not be in the front line. Just hide in the back and shut up like you like.