The new new striker

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by McMan, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Spankay

Don't buy it, just use the 250 cert Grounder. With the Grounder at least you are almost always going to hit a plane with no flares once you have a lock on. The Striker will mostly miss even at close range. Oh, the Grounder also OHK infantry with a direct hit and has good splash dmg and splash radius when not.

Simply put, Striker is the worst way to spend 1,000 certs.
    • Up x 2
  2. Ztiller

No. ESFs fly at ~230 km/h, not m/s and that's a very big difference.

ESFs fly at ~63 m/s, which is one third of the Strikers velocity.
    • Up x 1
  3. TheKhopesh

It's pretty much designed to be AA, in the same way that the AA dumbfires are intended to be AA, but can be used as AG launchers.

The tracking mechanisms for both are for aircraft, but if you get within range, nothing's stopping you from doing some decent damage to ground armor (It's just not as much as the standard dumbfire only launchers or Decimator, nor will it have a locking mechanism against ground to aid it).
    And of course, it most certainly is not intended for anti infantry use. :D
  4. zaspacer

"The Striker now is not bad."
    "So if you plan on buying the Striker, i would recommend it. It's pretty fun to use, and while it's not the strongest launcher it still have its uses."
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/the-new-new-striker.204189/#post-2967644

"The Striker right now is the only ESRL without a distinct drawback."
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ve-feedback-thread.203935/page-3#post-2965072

"The increased exposure time and CoF already makes up for the Coyote lockon and increased velocity."
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ve-feedback-thread.203935/page-2#post-2964243

"The Striker already have the benefit of high velocity, lockon function and good DPS. You are trying to take away literally the only weakness it have left."
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ve-feedback-thread.203935/page-2#post-2964243

"Somewhere you need to squeeze in a drawback. You can't just get everything for free. The Phoenix and Lancer both have very distinct weaknesses. The only weakness of the Striker now is the CoF."
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...tructive-feedback-thread.203935/#post-2963926
    • Up x 5
  5. Yeahy

You can do that with other rocket launchers except for the fact that decimator is better against maxes, better against armor (most of the time), and something like the annihilator is better against air.
  6. BarxBaron

To be honest I think it is nearing a good point.

Right now it really either needs further COF work or more dmg per clip.
    It's like they could not decide wtf it's for.

1. If its for short range to medium/short AV/AA work it needs more dmg per clip versus ground armor. Air dmg is OK imo and should remain as it is. This could be tweaked via lowering the resistances ground armor has against it.

2. If its to be a "all-rounder" its COF needs a bit further work. (Current 4th rocket COF should be the LAST rocket's COF, imo).

Other then that I'm ok with it, epsecially velocity wise. The main issue I keep running into is "why use it instead of the grounder". I think this is why it needs its dmg per clip upped, which is #1 above. Overall DPS could be tweaked by increasing reload if necessary, so that DPS remains near other launchers.....just give it a reward for choosing to use it and connecting all 5 shots. This also makes it match up with the TR gun trait of more bullets, more dps per mag, more reload time.

I want to keep using it before making any sweeping, final judments.... I think they should let it be for another week or two for more data then revist it. I still do not think it is "there", compred to pheonix and lancer....but it does not need the sun and the moon to get "there" imo.
  7. OldCuban

Although I agree that it was indeed slightly OP at launch, it should have never been nerfed that hard.

ZOE also was OP, and it too got nerfed way too harshly.

And buffing the Striker's dmg against infantry simply to shut up the masses complaining about it's low dmg per hit against armor, shows how little the devs think of the average player.

I can see them now," Let's change it's stats in game to reflect 200 dmg per shot, but only buff the dmg it does against infantry. Then let's place the notes to these changes somewhere where most of these whiners won't see them ".

What's sad is how effective it was. Most players in game are still unaware that it was buffed against infantry only. And, as usual, the in game stats don't stipulate this change. Misleading as F*** if you ask me.
  8. willowstyle

they just released a ******* **** only boring scythe and reaver.
    come on soe we had ton of flake and lock on and now we have 4 instant shot who put you middle life..
    what is the equivalent in nc and vs?! why only esf locking?! just die in hell you hate esf and i hate you!

1 grunt striker from his spawn can clear all air menace, no escape, no warning (ex: quartzridge, commarray..)
    lock on have a warning, max or skyguard flake are the big menace but need some ressources, what ressources need this striker ****?!
    what is the risk behind his wall spawn while you cant see him aiming you with his striker or just waiting a door to go out for 1sc and unload his ****?!
    all ******* grunt in spawn take it and stay behind their wall, spawn camping or base assist is no more possible for esf, you stay 1sc in sight you take 50% damage!
    more dangerous than max aa or skyguard, what a stupid strange decision.
    need to be short distance to fire compared to flake? come on your grunts appear at 100 in heavy pop (10 meter sometimes if you rush at full speed), we are forced to short distance in esf.

sorry so unfair, put this **** like it was before as you did for ******* zoe.
    so stupid decision, why didn't you uber upped the valkyri instead?

actual striker vs lancer funny balancing view..

nerf asked: lock on distance, speed, damage, all of that yes!
    better would be a reverse to old striker.