[Suggestion] The New Interlink Farms: Crown/Eisa?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Axe2Grind, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Axe2Grind

So for the non-PS1 vets out there, in PS1 the base that was hardest to cap was the Interlink. In fact, the Interlink IMHO was responsible for the NTU silo changes that were made so that infinite base defenses became impossible.

We need some way of breaking these farms.

Eisa becomes a farm because it's centrally located, is the only place to get MBTs from on the cont unless you go back to the WG, and getting into them with an infantry-only zerg is nearly impossible. It becomes even worse when you get a 3 way going. In short, this plant is nearly unbreakable with a committed defense.

Then there's the Crown. This thing is unbreakable in a 3 way since it funnels both attacking empires into a very small, very defensible single road where the defender controls the high ground preventing support fire and has a vehicle spawn besides. Respawn-to-combat times are very quick due to the compact design of the Crown which yet again favors the defender.

So, as I see it there are a couple of ways of changing these farms into something other than infinite spam fests.

1) The PS1 method - NTU silos: There would be a power supply reserve tank that helps to power all the various devices that the base needs to run. If this resource runs out, the base turns neutral and all forcefields fall. The NTU silos were refilled by specific vehicles called ANTs which went to the warpgates, charged up with the warpgate energy, and then returned to the base with their payload which then powered up the base. Truthfully, I find this the most fair and balanced but there are other options.

2) Base redesign specific to the Crown and Eisa. Decrease the vertical advantage of the Crown, or maybe enlarge/modify the "back door" route which is currently nearly imperivious to assault with vehicles. Perhaps make the high ground to the south higher than the Crown allowing fire suppression via MBT which is possible in nearly every other base. Maybe redirect the bridge to the east to the north side of the Crown, which would cause the second attacking faction to take an alternate route (and make said path a bit less torturous than it is now) rather than straight into the first attacking faction. This is also a problem at Eisa, since the only viable entry on the south tends to attract a 3 way into a confined space, especially when the defender has the shielded bay to the north which makes a northern position death. An open door to the north of the facility anywhere would solve this problem nicely. A bio-lab style teleport or jump pad would work too, from one of the northern outer facilities. In fact, I'd like to see that modification to all Tech Plants but even just at Eisa would be nice.

Thoughts? Alternatives to my ideas here? What say you, PS2?