The new Burst Changes -Rock-!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alexkruchev, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Alexkruchev

The new burst changes are amazing. For the first time in years, a game has good, competitive, but not brokenly powerful burst fire guns. They took changes I suggested in a forum thread here a few months ago quite seriously! Which is amazing.

Lower FSR (even negative FSR multiplier, or "Reductive") means now burst fire guns have -less- recoil per 3 rounds than a comparable auto rifle shooting 3 round bursts manually. This gives burst rifles a viable reason to be used and a chance to compete on the battlefield, where before, they simply were inferior options in just about every way due to taking 2.15x FSR every fourth round, guaranteed.

They did round out these buffs by making recoil on each single shot higher (0.28 to 4.0 on the T1B), but without a huge FSR, this is entirely manageable recoil.

My hat is off to them- because these guns are great, but not overpowered. Why? Because they're still only doing standard damage models and at lower rates of fire than their counterparts. (670-ish for the T1B cycler vs the 750 of it's full auto friend.)

The only bad thing? They jacked up the price of all the burst variants by about double in both CP and DBC. Fortunately for me, I bought the T1B, GRB, and Equinox-Burst when they were 250 certs back in the day (and were useless, lmao, esp the GRB. That second shot was always several degrees off target...)

Little dirty on their part to buff something and then stick a higher price tag on it at the same time, but, hey. It is what it is.

Overall, -very- pleased with this recent patch. Good luck, and have a good time on Auraxis!
  2. Eternaloptimist

This is good to hear. I have never used one but now I will try them out. I recently posted about my satisfaction with the Striker upgrade as well.

'Awesome update is awesome'

Now, I'll keep reading and see if anyone thinks the infil cloak buffs have been as good.